• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Face mask while at table

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the service industry and this is definitely closing loopholes so people cannot exploit taking their masks off the entire time they are inside. Also, in my opinion, this speaks to the restaurants getting ready to “officially” up the table/guest count in the restaurant.

This works well with Blizzard Beach opening so you can go there and not wear a mask at all in lines, on rides, in pools, on the lazy River, and walking around the park all day.

You’re not always 6 ft away from the server.
Of course not. I’m also not within direct contact of my server for 15+ minutes (CDC definition of exposure).

Let’s be real here, if Disney truly thought this would better protect the servers they would have implemented this “rule” a long time ago. They clearly have other motives here, whether it’s a plan to add more tables or turn them over faster or whatever.

Mask enforcement is different between Universal and Disney. Apples and oranges.

In the very few times I have gone to eat at a place with table service since all this started I always kept my mask on while interacting with the waitstaff. I keep it on until I have ordered and when they come by I do try to put it back on. Otherwise, I take it off once they have left and I am drinking and eating. I do not put it on between bites and I don't think that will be the expectation. The rulese never said that I had to keep it on like that, but I did it anyway because it seemed courteous.

I'm going to thank everyone who just wears their mask and doesn't talk about it.

The people who don't say - "I won't wear one because my rights and I'm angry".... the people who don't say - "why don't you love wearing your mask everywhere, do you hate people? I love wearing my mask!"

Just us regular mask wearers, we are silent, but happy. 😂

I went last month, and while annoying, the masks were doable, but when it was hot they were close to ruining it for me. The brief interactions at a table do not come close to amounting to what the CDC considers exposure. This is theatre and the masks were already close to ruining it for me. I'm likely to eat the last two days on my FL Resident Discovery pass if this happens. I'm not sure the actual experience on the ground is really going to change, I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. Seems very odd timing with cases plummeting in FL, yesterday was the lowest positivity rate in FL since October, and cases have come down 25% since the Super Bowl.

I am curious, have there been massive out breaks among Disney restaurant servers/bar staff I have not heard about.
Disney has been open for month and as far as I know there have been no problems.
I am not being a smart a** about this I just have not heard of any problems.
I am sure if there were problems Disney would have been shutting down restaurants and bars due to lack of staff.

I have stayed at Disney six or seven times since June and and Disney Springs multiple times and have not seen or heard of any problems in any restaurants/bars I have visited.
Multiple servers/bar staff I have talked to think some of it is over kill, some think the face shield is a joke and it make it harder for the guest hear them. I was told the union was making them do this not Disney.

I am curious, have there been massive out breaks among Disney restaurant servers/bar staff I have not heard about.
Disney has been open for month and as far as I know there have been no problems.
I am not being a smart a** about this I just have not heard of any problems.
I am sure if there were problems Disney would have been shutting down restaurants and bars due to lack of staff.

I have stayed at Disney six or seven times since June and and Disney Springs multiple times and have not seen or heard of any problems in any restaurants/bars I have visited.
Multiple servers/bar staff I have talked to think some of it is over kill, some think the face shield is a joke and it make it harder for the guest hear them. I was told the union was making them do this not Disney.
I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them have gotten sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter