Face mask while at table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Twitter just showed the manager of BOG the report and he said it only applies if you’re waiting to be seated. Said once you’re sitting it’s considered actively eating and drinking. FWIW
Thank you. We always do this but whenever we sit down we remove the masks like they tell us we can.

I was thinking it was either this or they were trying to encourage people to wear masks while their waiter/waitress was at the table to take their order. Would seem like common courtesy but I know how that goes.

Lol the outrage over this tells you exactly how that goes.

This is an airborne virus, you shouldnt be waiting to be told you have to cover your face. If this rule requires a major shift in someone’s behaviour that tells me all I need to know about anyone who has made this their line in the sand.

I would guess that you'll just need to keep it on until you get drinks.
I wonder if people are hanging/lingering around for a while after they’re done eating for extra mask off time and they want to discourage that. Like if you’re done eating, mask back on or move along.
I’m guessing that it’s both of these. There’s really no reason to take off the mask until you get drinks (or food), so you might as well wear it (especially while interacting with a server). And I wouldn’t be surprised if people were just turning wherever they were eating into their own personal “relaxation stations” with the excuse that they were eating (15 minutes ago...).

Lol the outrage over this tells you exactly how that goes.

This is an airborne virus, you shouldnt be waiting to be told you have to cover your face. If this rule requires a major shift in someone’s behaviour that tells me all I need to know about anyone who has made this their line in the sand.
This is all just theatrics though. It’s obvious that at some point during the meal your server will be interacting with you maskless. This new “rule” really does nothing to protect anyone.

This is all just theatrics though. It’s obvious that at some point during the meal your server will be interacting with you maskless. This new “rule” really does nothing to protect anyone.

But why not minimize exposure as much as possible? We know so much about viral load, exposure, etc. now. It makes sense to minimize the *amount* of maskless exposure to the CMs who serve hundreds of guests a day as much as possible.

I truly can’t believe this is a deal breaker for people. I just don’t understand. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But why not minimize exposure as much as possible? We know so much about viral load, exposure, etc. now. It makes sense to minimize the *amount* of maskless exposure to the CMs who serve hundreds of guests a day as much as possible.

I truly can’t believe this is a deal breaker for people. I just don’t understand. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I didn’t say it was a deal breaker. What I said is that I don’t think it actually helps protect anyone. My server will still be interacting with me maskless for the majority of my meal. It’s just weird to suddenly come out with this new rule that servers will have to enforce.

I didn’t say it was a deal breaker. What I said is that I don’t think it actually helps protect anyone. My server will still be interacting with me maskless for the majority of my meal. It’s just weird to suddenly come out with this new rule that servers will have to enforce.
Doesn’t matter. It’s the rule and it needs to be followed.

This logic makes no sense. Taking it further, why have mask usage at Disney at all since they inevitably will be removed to eat and drink. Perfect should not be the enemy of good. We just generally (in Disney and out) should do the most we reasonably can to prevent spread.

In this case it means wearing a mask for what probably amounts to like 15 extra minutes over the course of an entire day. The time it takes for drinks/food to arrive. Big freaking deal.

I wonder if any of these people writing the rules have been to Disney Springs on a Friday night, with the insane crowds. They should start enforcing the social distance rules there first before nitpicking the dining rules.

No matter how you spin it, this doesn't make sense.

People don’t like being told what to do. People believe things are overblown. People don’t give a crap. Insert any one of the other narratives from the last year+ here.

Tale as old as tiiiiiiiiiime.

I don't care about the rule itself. It doesn't bother me if I have to wear a mask while sitting.

It's the logic behind the decision that is worrisome. Who is going to enforce a diner to put their mask on between courses?

This logic makes no sense. Taking it further, why have mask usage at Disney at all since they inevitably will be removed to eat and drink. Perfect should not be the enemy of good. We just generally (in Disney and out) should do the most we reasonably can to prevent spread.

In this case it means wearing a mask for what probably amounts to like 15 extra minutes over the course of an entire day. The time it takes for drinks/food to arrive. Big freaking deal.
Key word here is ‘reasonably”. We could all wear 3 masks and goggles every day too, but that wouldn’t be reasonable to most of us. Just like wearing a mask at a table, when I’m seated at least 6 feet away from anyone else, is not reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter