Face coverings: what's the coolest, least restrictive option?

I’m looking to get a face shield for work. Our county has (right or wrong) said they are acceptable in place of a mask. And since they are supposed to protect the wearer sound good for work where coworkers don’t want to wear masks (even if the state requires them to).

The best ones I have found are from Norwex. They are comfortable light weight. My cousin sells it so I got it from her

I think the blue non surgical disposable masks are probably the coolest. We have lots of homemade ones from daughter but I think they are hotter.

Agreed--I've used several different kinds and the disposable ones are the most comfortable for me.

I’ll have to look into the face shield option for my business. I have one employee who is getting inflamed lips from the paper masks.

You can make a face shield from a smooth, two-liter soda bottle. I think the instructions are in @sam_gordon's link, but you can definitely find it on youtube.

I saw a vlogger wearing a mask that had a chiffon-looking piece that hung down over the front of the neck like (for lack of a better description) a beard. She said it was very cool and comfortable.

like this:
View attachment 507428
I have two of these and rotate them out constantly. They are fantastic. I’m gutted that we won’t be allowed to wear this type of covering at Disney as I had finally made peace with imagining wearing a mask in the Florida summer!

I have two of these and rotate them out constantly. They are fantastic. I’m gutted that we won’t be allowed to wear this type of covering at Disney as I had finally made peace with imagining wearing a mask in the Florida summer!

Why aren't you allowed to wear them? It's a face mask, not a gaitor. It has ear loops.

Why aren't you allowed to wear them? It's a face mask, not a gaitor. It has ear loops.
Oh, this would make my day. If this was counted as a mask, I would be over the moon! I fully assumed that this would count as a gaiter with its shape, aNd they aren’t allowing gaiters with ear loops either now (I have a couple of cooling ones with ear loops for DS that he won’t be able to wear for now there).

Oh, this would make my day. If this was counted as a mask, I would be over the moon! I fully assumed that this would count as a gaiter with its shape, aNd they aren’t allowing gaiters with ear loops either now (I have a couple of cooling ones with ear loops for DS that he won’t be able to wear for now there).

I saw a Disney vlogger wearing it at DS. TIt's just a regular facemask with material attached at the bottom. Should be allowed.

I’ve tried a few different ones and by far the most comfortable and cool are ones made from plain white cotton handkerchiefs with elastic ear bands sewn on them. My friend’s mom, who is a seamstress, made a couple for me and my husband back in March and they’re so much better than anything else that I just keep hand-washing them for us to wear over and over.

They are... not cute. But they get the job done!1583CF9D-56FC-4316-B5BF-8672F3D0A060.jpeg

I’ll have to look into the face shield option for my business. I have one employee who is getting inflamed lips from the paper masks.

The paper ones actually have a thin layer of latex in between the white and the blue side of the paper so that moisture in the mouth doesn't disolve a hole in the mask. Chances are your employee is allergic to latex and doesn't know it. Years ago we discovered that my sister was allergic to latex when she had to wear a mask at a medical appointment during flu season due to having a cough, her lips got inflamed and her nose broke out in a rash. I would recommend talking with your employee asking if the employee is allergic to latex (there are alternatives to gloves if you use those a well) and if states no encourage your employee to get tested.

I’ve tried a few different ones and by far the most comfortable and cool are ones made from plain white cotton handkerchiefs with elastic ear bands sewn on them. My friend’s mom, who is a seamstress, made a couple for me and my husband back in March and they’re so much better than anything else that I just keep hand-washing them for us to wear over and over.

They are... not cute. But they get the job done!View attachment 507944
Is that handkerchief mask a single layer or does it have multiple layers? Just wondering in case I try to make it, I want to mimic as closely as possible the version you have since I know you like it! If I put more layers in then it might not be as cool and comfortable...

I love my Vera Bradley masks. They are made of a cotton material that feels smooth like a cotton poplin. I can add a filter in the pocket for situations that need extra protection. Easy to forget you are wearing one.

I love my Vera Bradley masks. They are made of a cotton material that feels smooth like a cotton poplin. I can add a filter in the pocket for situations that need extra protection. Easy to forget you are wearing one.
I wish VB would send my masks!

I'll probably get flamed, but if I knew I had to wear one long term (and outdoors) I would probably opt for a face shield. And before someone says "that's not good enough", experts are split.

https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2020/shields-compared-to-masks.html

200.gif

Is that handkerchief mask a single layer or does it have multiple layers? Just wondering in case I try to make it, I want to mimic as closely as possible the version you have since I know you like it! If I put more layers in then it might not be as cool and comfortable...

it’s a single layer- pretty thin. Used in combination with as much social distancing as possible!

They are... not cute. But they get the job done!

We use this kind, too. I have a bunch of people begging me to make them and I think I'm going to start selling them. So breathable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter