Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

The Coke bar is on our list of things to do every trip but we've yet to do that either. Jason wanted the beverly and alcohol drink they had but I don't think its on the menu any longer. Good to know we are missing nothing.
I do want to try the Coke Bar. I think they girls might like the samplers. But I assume it would be a one and done for us as well. But I think we will be much like Kari where we forget all about it once we get there.

Capt' Cooks. I had the pulled pork nachos, topped with cheese, spicy mayonnaise, pico de gallo, and pineapple salsa and Joe ordered the Thai Coconut Meatballs, house-made all-beef chili-garlic meatballs cooked in a coconut cream served over white rice. OMG you all! The meatballs were AMAZING. I loved the nachos, but the meatballs were the definite winne
Oh those Nachos!!! How I miss those!!! And now I want to try those meatballs.

I bought some Lady Grey teabags after reading about your tea encounter experience on an earlier trip. I agree with your waiter that the Lady Grey is very similar to Earl Grey. It was interesting to learn that Earl Grey tea was never patented, which is why so many different companies can make it. :)

I can't WAIT til the Poly is done. Staying there in October and super hope it's all fresh and beautiful by then.

Yeah.... the trash. So gross. It's gotten progressively worse for sure. Blecho!!

Still so sad we didn't get over there to spend time with you both. Though at least I got to see you all separately.

Leaping Leprechaun, Don Q Cristal rum, Svedka vodka, Jameson Irish whiskey, melon liqueur, and sweet-and-sour topped with Sprite. This was so delicious and refreshing and DEFINITELY one of my new favorite drinks in all of Disney World right now.
That is certainly a lot of alcohol going on right there. Not sure how I feel about that combo but I'll take the expert Disney Drinkers opinion

Next up...Reunited and it feels so good!!!!!! 😁
I wonder who that could be :rolleyes1

Wow that is gross. Clearly a sign of Disney's limited staffing but bad on the guests too

Fish and Chips from the R&C are hard to beat though we usually get them for the boys from the qs there and eat outside while drinking G&T which they also do a good job of 😁🍸
So good you got see friends and even better you're meeting more for dinner :goodvibes
The trash is just awful! I always loved Disney in part because of it's standards of cleanness but from all I've been reading those standards are no longer being met. It will definitely make me think twice before I hand over my cash if things don't improve.

Jen, I'm the lady that stopped you and Joe on Sunday outside of the Ale & Compass - had to come out of my lurk-dom to say hi! I've been reading your trip reports for years and love the youtube channel. I do comment every once in a while, but more often just enjoy reading about our favorite place to vacation. It was so cool to see you both in person - felt like I had just met celebrities :) Hope you had a great trip, and I look forward to reading and watching more of your adventures!

The cheesecake looks good, but having a separate container of booze seems a little weird for a cheesecake. It wouldn’t absorb the liquid the same way that a regular cake would.
It was so delicious!

Oh those Nachos!!! How I miss those!!! And now I want to try those meatballs.
Those meatballs were the bomb. We had them again over the weekend and they were fabulous!

I bought some Lady Grey teabags after reading about your tea encounter experience on an earlier trip. I agree with your waiter that the Lady Grey is very similar to Earl Grey. It was interesting to learn that Earl Grey tea was never patented, which is why so many different companies can make it. :)
Lady Grey is a definite favorite!!!!

Yeah.... the trash. So gross. It's gotten progressively worse for sure. Blecho!!
It is awful. My sister was in the MK on Tuesday and she was appalled.

That is certainly a lot of alcohol going on right there. Not sure how I feel about that combo but I'll take the expert Disney Drinkers opinion
This seriously is now one of my favorite Disney drinks. Always trust the experts Kari, lol!!!! 😁 😁 😁 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I wonder who that could be :rolleyes1
That would be you and your wonderful family!!!!

The trash is just awful! I always loved Disney in part because of it's standards of cleanness but from all I've been reading those standards are no longer being met. It will definitely make me think twice before I hand over my cash if things don't improve.
It's getting worse. I hate to say that.

Jen, I'm the lady that stopped you and Joe on Sunday outside of the Ale & Compass - had to come out of my lurk-dom to say hi! I've been reading your trip reports for years and love the youtube channel. I do comment every once in a while, but more often just enjoy reading about our favorite place to vacation. It was so cool to see you both in person - felt like I had just met celebrities :) Hope you had a great trip, and I look forward to reading and watching more of your adventures!
Hi there! We always love meeting fellow Disney lovers and it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband. We hope you had a wonderful trip!!!!

Loving your report. I now have to go back and look at all the you tube videos.
Aww! Thank you. We have a lot of them, lol.

Hi everyone! I do apologize for neglecting this TR once again but I had a really good excuse this time...I was back in Disney World! It was a too quick, 4-night stay for my birthday. Just got home Tuesday night, and I had to play catch up on house cleaning, laundry, and our downstairs air conditioner broke (being replaced this morning). :mad:

Anyway, there's no time to be sad about being back home BECAUSE Joe and I will be back in Disney in 11 days!!!! Yep, we are meeting the besties again @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve. Again, it will be a real quick trip, 2 nights at my beautiful Wilderness Lodge. We will also be spending time with the famous @pepperandchips. I am super excited about this trip because we haven't stayed at the WL since the Epic Girl's Trip of 2019 and it's my favorite Disney resort of all time!!!! Again, no parks this time. We just plan on eating, drinking, hanging with our friends, and relaxing by the pool.

Now, back to the show...

Dinner tonight was at Topolino's. Joe and I had been here a few times for breakfast but not yet for dinner. We were also meeting my beautiful sister-wife @kastoney, her husband Jason, and her adorable daughter, Casey. We hadn't seen each other since the Epic Trip because of stupid Covid and I had missed her so very much.

We had the best evening!! I think dinner lasted close to 3 hours. We started with pictures on the balcony, then moved inside to get started on the bread service, drinks, and apps. I had a dirty martini and Joe had something with Bourbon in it. For apps, we shared the marinated olives and burrata. Everything was delicious.

For our entrees, I had the Sole and Joe had a filet. Again, just excellent.

Topolino's has become a new favorite for sure. The food, service, and ambiance were spot on. I was hoping to book this again in August, but no luck with a last-minute trip...

Next up, Joe and I dine at the newly reopened Cape May Cafe for breakfast...

Again, it will be a real quick trip, 2 nights at my beautiful Wilderness Lodge. We will also be spending time with the famous @pepperandchips. I am super excited about this trip because we haven't stayed at the WL since the Epic Girl's Trip of 2019 and it's my favorite Disney resort of all time!!!! Again, no parks this time. We just plan on eating, drinking, hanging with our friends, and relaxing by the pool.
The WL is a great resort for a "no parks" stay. We really like hanging out at the villa's pool and Geyser Point. It is nice that fireworks are back again. :)

We haven't stayed there since 2019 but are very excited about returning in February.

Topolino's has become a new favorite for sure. The food, service, and ambiance were spot on. I was hoping to book this again in August, but no luck with a last-minute trip...
Never say never. ;) Maybe a last minute ADR will appear. It looks like you had a great night. :)

The WL is a great resort for a "no parks" stay. We really like hanging out at the villa's pool and Geyser Point. It is nice that fireworks are back again. :)
I couldn't agree more. You obviously have impeccable taste.

Never say never. ;) Maybe a last minute ADR will appear. It looks like you had a great night. :)
Dining reservations are so hard to come by these days. If you don't book your 60 days out, the pickings are slim. It really sucks, to be honest.

Topolino's rocketed to the top of my "Favorite Restaurants" list. And WL is the perfect resort for a park-free trip!
Ours too. WL is just an amazing resort!!!!

Hi everyone! I do apologize for neglecting this TR once again but I had a really good excuse this time...I was back in Disney World!

Welcome home!

our downstairs air conditioner broke (being replaced this morning). :mad:

Oh nooooo! It's just too hot for that.

Anyway, there's no time to be sad about being back home BECAUSE Joe and I will be back in Disney in 11 days!!!!

Wow that's a fast turn around.

Dinner tonight was at Topolino's. Joe and I had been here a few times for breakfast but not yet for dinner.

I'm trying Topolino's for the first time Labor Day weekend. We're having breakfast there. I'm really looking forward to it after all you wonderful reviews.

It was so delicious!

Those meatballs were the bomb. We had them again over the weekend and they were fabulous!

Lady Grey is a definite favorite!!!!

It is awful. My sister was in the MK on Tuesday and she was appalled.

This seriously is now one of my favorite Disney drinks. Always trust the experts Kari, lol!!!! 😁 😁 😁 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That would be you and your wonderful family!!!!

It's getting worse. I hate to say that.

Hi there! We always love meeting fellow Disney lovers and it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband. We hope you had a wonderful trip!!!!

Aww! Thank you. We have a lot of them, lol.

Earl Grey is my favorite tea when in Canada, but we're mostly coffee drinkers. We have a coffee shop at home that bakes their own Earl Grey & Lavender Scones. The frosting on top of the scone is lavender-flavored. The scones are soft and so good we have one every morning. Also, have you had the Earl Grey & Lavender ice cream at Universal? It's really good too.

Looks like a perfect birthday celebration. Good food and great friends-what more could a girl want! You all look wonderful. Belated birthday wishes to you. Can’t believe you go back again in less than a fortnight but oh so glad you do so you can share it all with us 🤣🥰👍

Anyway, there's no time to be sad about being back home BECAUSE Joe and I will be back in Disney in 11 days!!!! Yep, we are meeting the besties again @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve. Again, it will be a real quick trip, 2 nights at my beautiful Wilderness Lodge. We will also be spending time with the famous @pepperandchips. I am super excited about this trip because we haven't stayed at the WL since the Epic Girl's Trip of 2019 and it's my favorite Disney resort of all time!!!! Again, no parks this time. We just plan on eating, drinking, hanging with our friends, and relaxing by the pool.
Looking forward to seeing you guys! Hopefully Geyser Point for drinks one night. ❤️
We had the best evening!! I think dinner lasted close to 3 hours. We started with pictures on the balcony, then moved inside to get started on the bread service, drinks, and apps. I had a dirty martini and Joe had something with Bourbon in it. For apps, we shared the marinated olives and burrata. Everything was delicious
That dinner looks utterly fantastic! Definitely adding it to the must fo list in December. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter