Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

I love those nachos, miss them dearly, lol 😂
Hmmm I may need to try the meatballs now as well
How nice to have a drink at Tambu Lounge with Melinda and R.

Brunch at Olivia's looks so good. I would really like to try the chicken and waffles but pass on the grits. I'm born and raised in the South but do not like them.

Your dinner at the Poly is another one I want to try. The pork nachos are on my short list.
I highly recommend Olivia's and I would pass on the grits too, lol.
Those pulled pork nachos are delicious.

Hi! Welcome!

I love those nachos, miss them dearly, lol 😂
Hmmm I may need to try the meatballs now as well
How nice to have a drink at Tambu Lounge with Melinda and R.
Hi Caroline! Those meatballs were a huge hit! We're hoping to get them again in July or August.
It was sooooo good seeing Melinda and Ryan. We've missed them so much! 🙂

After checking out of the Hilton, we dropped our bags with bell services over at OKW and headed over to Epcot. It was going to be our first trip to Flower and Garden this year (preview, we don't actually eat anything, lol). We started with a ride on SSE and then walked over to Rose and Crown for our lunch reservation. This was a first time for us and a ressie we were very excited about. We had done the Tea Experience here right before Covid hit but hadn't had the pleasure of dining here yet.

For drinks, Joe and I started with the Leaping Leprechaun, Don Q Cristal rum, Svedka vodka, Jameson Irish whiskey, melon liqueur, and sweet-and-sour topped with Sprite. This was so delicious and refreshing and DEFINITELY one of my new favorite drinks in all of Disney World right now. Joe agreed. This drink was a real winner. For apps, we shared the United Kingdom Cheese Platter, a selection of traditional British cheeses and accompaniments. This was very good and Joe and I liked it a lot. For our entrees, Joe and I decided to split the Fish & Chips, beer-battered fresh fish served with tartar sauce. This was very good too. The outside of the fish was nice and crispy and the inside, cooked to perfection. Overall, this was a great dining experience from food to service. Joe and I even ordered a Lady Gray ice tea at some point during our meal and our server brought us cups to go which was greatly appreciated as it was a hot one outside.

After a fantastic meal, we met up with some friends for drinks in the France Pavillion. Joe ordered the Citron Grey Goose Slush, Grey Goose citron, vodka, and lemonade and I had the Orange Grand Marnier Slush, Grand Marnier, rum, Grey Goose Orange, and orange juice. Both of these were perfect options on a hot, summer day. We were able to grab 2 tables under a tree and spent an hour or so with our friends, Bob, Kelly, Kiya, and Jenn. It was so good to see them all and we really enjoyed the time we got to spend with them.

After drinks, Joe, Jenn, and I walked around Epcot and rode Figment, and the Gran Fiesta Tour. We were totally disgusted by all the trash lining the queue area. Disney, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!

All too soon, it was time to say goodbye to Jenn. Joe and I had a very important dinner date and there was no way we were going to be late...

Next up...Reunited and it feels so good!!!!!! 😁

For drinks, Joe and I started with the Leaping Leprechaun, Don Q Cristal rum, Svedka vodka, Jameson Irish whiskey, melon liqueur, and sweet-and-sour topped with Sprite. This was so delicious and refreshing and DEFINITELY one of my new favorite drinks in all of Disney World right now.
That sounds amazing! I wonder if you can order it at the bar as well?
Overall, this was a great dining experience from food to service. Joe and I even ordered a Lady Gray ice tea at some point during our meal and our server brought us cups to go which was greatly appreciated as it was a hot one outside.
I am so happy you had a great meal. How was the server about you sharing items?
After a fantastic meal, we met up with some friends for drinks in the France Pavillion. Joe ordered the Citron Grey Goose Slush, Grey Goose citron, vodka, and lemonade and I had the Orange Grand Marnier Slush, Grand Marnier, rum, Grey Goose Orange, and orange juice. Both of these were perfect options on a hot, summer day.
Mmmmm, nothing better than a boozy slushie on a warm day!
We were totally disgusted by all the trash lining the queue area. Disney, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!
There are so many entitled people who just throw their stuff anywhere. What is going on? I am seeing reports of overflowing garbage cans too. Do you think there are not enough staff for the capacity of the parks right now?

Looks like some pigs left their empties.
We noticed this a lot, unfortunately, and it made us very sad.

That sounds amazing! I wonder if you can order it at the bar as well?
Yes, you can!!!!!! That's how I first learned about it.

I am so happy you had a great meal. How was the server about you sharing items?
He was fine with us sharing a meal. Joe and I have done this quite a bit lately and it has never been a problem.

There are so many entitled people who just throw their stuff anywhere. What is going on? I am seeing reports of overflowing garbage cans too. Do you think there are not enough staff for the capacity of the parks right now?
No, I don't. We noticed a lot of overflowing cans too. It's very sad. Disney needs to step up their game, or they are going to lose customers. Joe and I have already discussed going to different vacation spots next year...

The trash makes me so sad!
Thanks for the review on Rose and Crown, we have not been there for ages! I love the fish and chips, yum!
The trash made us sad too. We have never seen the parks so dirty. I am worried it will become like Great America, just a dirty theme park...
We were very impressed with Rose and Crown.

then walked over to Rose and Crown for our lunch reservation.
I love the dining room at Rose and Crown. It is hard to get a last minute reservation here, so we don't often eat here. But it a nice place to eat. :)
After drinks, Joe, Jenn, and I walked around Epcot and rode Figment, and the Gran Fiesta Tour. We were totally disgusted by all the trash lining the queue area. Disney, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!
It sounds like Disney opened up things way too fast, before they had adequate staff to handle the crowds. We aren't going again until October and I hope things are more normal by then.

It sounds like Disney opened up things way too fast, before they had adequate staff to handle the crowds. We aren't going again until October and I hope things are more normal by then.
I hate to say this but I totally agree with you on this one.
There's also no excuses for not cleaning the rooms daily...They get nasty after a few days.

Nice start for your Epcot touring. The Orange Slushy is my go too. So refreshing. Sorry about the trash. I know they are brining in more and more CPs and CMs so hopefully it's getting better.

Nice start for your Epcot touring. The Orange Slushy is my go too. So refreshing. Sorry about the trash. I know they are brining in more and more CPs and CMs so hopefully it's getting better.
Disney has always been an exceptionally clean park and it's very sad to see entitled people throw their trash around. There are literally garbage cans every 10 feet.

The cheesecake looks good, but having a separate container of booze seems a little weird for a cheesecake. It wouldn’t absorb the liquid the same way that a regular cake would.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter