Fab Time at GF Sugar Loaf

tinklvr64

Basin Fanatic
Hi All..just back yesterday from 5 days at SL oh how great! Amy took care of us when we checked in and was FABULOUS! we had a great room overlooking the pool on 3rd floor-mousekeeping was exceptional(in Nov at BC found that this was seriously lacking!)-
Rooms were full at SL due to Boca Chica is under rehab--SL is closing on Monday Oct 1 for approx 1 1/2 months--they hope to have it ready for Thanksgiving. Sounds like they are going to put lounge area in a different location at the end of the building. That would be nice because our room was located right over balcony and could hear children screaming every morn..(I def will not miss crying overtired babies and children) even the girls at the desk commented that they needed some asprin from all the screaming going on in the lobby--LOL
Rented a cabana on our third day..was not impressed kind of a waste of money...cushions were filthy dirty and cabana area was dirty like no one had cleaned it for awhile. Oh well live and learn!
We did eat breakfast at 1900 Park Fare was really great! Bigger food serving area!
Bounceback offer was displayed on our table in our room--have to book before checking out (we did not)
All in all it was the best out of all of our trips to Disney (all 15 of them!) Now I have to save to go again I have nothing to look forward to!
Any questions let me know! Back to laundry--I sent my boys to school and they called me Cruella DeVille this morn! They are mad because I took an extra day off--but I have to clean and do laundry and oh yea update disboards!

We were there in 2003 and the only thing I noticed is that seemed to be a little short of staff, we found that no one was cleaning up the tables at the pool area. But otherwise it was awesome. Any other rehab news?

Pool area was clean and fresh towels always on hand...the only thing I would nitpik about is the cushions on the chairs are very worn and have bird poop on them. I just got a towel and wiped off before lounging.

Interesting news about the lounge. To do that they would need to remove some rooms if I'm picturing this correctly. We were there in May and while I liked the increased seating, it did make for a crowded dining area and frankly a mob scene at appetizer time.:eek:

Glad you enjoyed SL other than the screaming. We've enjoyed our stays there very much.

I'm sure with the rehabbing going on that will be addressed, I absolutely can't wait to put my robe on and go to the pool area! 5 weeks and counting!

I am starting to be a little concerned about the lack of accomodations for the "crowds" in the SL, based on what posters are reporting, but hopefully, when I am there, the "new" location will address that, otherwise I will be forced to upgrade to RPC!! :rotfl: (just the thought of all those extra $$$$ just to have a place to sit and eat...:scared1: )

grannyminnie, we didn't see crowding at any other time than the beginning of the appetizer service. And there seemed to be some large family parties there so that may have contributed to it.

However, the tables are rather crowded together in the present arrangement. Doable but not ideal.

Any other rehab news?

We also just returned from a fabulous stay at the GF. Building #7 was recently rehabbed and our room (7201) and building was beautiful, although the bath tub/shower could have used a new faucet. Also thought that the bathrobes were thin and not at all luxurious like expected for the GF. A cast member said that building 9 had been rehabbed and had to close again for a short while due to so many problems with the a/c and new carpeting. Everything in our room worked perfectly and it was a very quiet room and building. A great location if you like taking the boat to MK, or frequent the courtyard pool and Gasparilla Grill.

grannyminnie, we didn't see crowding at any other time than the beginning of the appetizer service. And there seemed to be some large family parties there so that may have contributed to it.

However, the tables are rather crowded together in the present arrangement. Doable but not ideal.[/
QUOTE]

true.
i hope the rehab helps

Have stayed in every building (including main) and have consistently had a great time! Can't go wrong with GF! :)

However, the tables are rather crowded together in the present arrangement. Doable but not ideal.[/
QUOTE]

true.
i hope the rehab helps

Me too! My sis and I will more than likely want to linger there rather than rush off to the parks each day...well, maybe one day we'll rush!!:yay:
Sixty days and counting for us...:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter