Fab 50 statues?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
I know the 50th Anniversary celebration is lasting till March 2023, and the Fab 50 statues will be in the parks at least until then. Do you believe they will stay in the park after that date? What will happen with the MagicBands plus after that date?

Reason why I’m asking is we have a trip planned for next September and I like one of the bands now and just curious if I want to spend $50 on it and find out next year that the statues are not there or there will be newer bands that do something that the ones now do not do.

I am not sure and disney's not announced what they're doing with the statues post 50th. I think it would be cute if they stuck around but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think MB+ is going anywhere since they're pushing everyone to get them given they don't have a ton of selection on the original MB. I'd just hold off if that's the only reason you want the MB+.

We were just in the parks with a friend who had the MB+ and were pretty underwhelmed with the interaction. I mean it was cute but like PP said, I wouldn’t buy it JUST for that.

My belief is that by next year there will be some revised version out of the MB. Most people seem to be unimpressed with the current "powers" of the new ones and it seems like many are sticking with the old ones so I would not buy one 11 months in advance, just because of character on a band.

We weren't impressed, it's just another thing to keep charged. (I think it may last 3 days on a charge if you don't actually use it as they're advertising - if you do it's like 4 to 6 hours) I got annoyed with the vibrating right away and turned it off, kids got annoyed by the end too... There's times when it vibrates and you look around why and see nothing. It may just need some further development.

I hope they keep the MB2 coming with new designs.

Can't be sure if the statues will stay or not. I tend to think they will not, but that's just a guess really.

I doubt they will replace the bands with another version as soon as next year. But at this point I would not buy one expecting a lot of cool interactivity out of it in the near future. Disney has been chasing this for years. Pal Mickey. Glow with the Show. Maybe this will finally be the one that hits, but I wouldn't buy one banking on that. But if you just like the style and will be using some form of magic band anyway, go for it.

It's also kind of ridiculous that it has that Glow with the Show feature... it's just a distraction - it's one thing when it's ears or a hat you can see but are you really going to be looking at your wrist while watching fireworks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter