Extra Person Dining Credits

Bell30012

DIS Veteran
Here's an unusual one. I already paid for the QS Dining Plan for four people for our upcoming DVC reservation. Now it appears that only three are going. On the positive side the person not going is a child, lower rate. On the negative side, I'm going to have 14 child meals extra to eat. I guess I should have waited to purchase the plan until right before leaving.

Anybody in your party can use them. And on the QS plan there is no such thing as child credits, so you can use them for anything you want.

Can't you just have the child removed from the reservation?

It's a DVC reservation at Poly. I talked to member services, who told me that the dining plan is non-refundable. She was very nice about it. Since we are actually there for 1 more day (check out day) I am sure we will find a way to use those credits. Breakfast a couple times... It was just an unusual problem. Members services said that they would check with a supervisor and get back with me.

I found that the children's breakfast is just the right of food for me. And a bottle of orange juice comes with the children's breakfast, which is a really good value considering the OOP cost for orange juice is $4.29 now. You can use those credits for breakfast. :)

Exactly as PP stated, the QS credits are all interchangeable so it's not child credits you have extra or, it's QS credits that can be used for any QS meal, adult or child. Between three adults and a long checkout day, I can't imagine you will have trouble using them up!

ETA: do you leave within 48 hours? If not, I'm not sure why you were told that the dining plan is non refundable. Somebody can jump in to correct me, but I'm pretty sure that with a DVC reservation you can add and cancel the dining plan up to 48 hours in advance. We've cancelled ours just a few days prior to leaving before.

Here's an unusual one. I already paid for the QS Dining Plan for four people for our upcoming DVC reservation. Now it appears that only three are going. On the positive side the person not going is a child, lower rate. On the negative side, I'm going to have 14 child meals extra to eat. I guess I should have waited to purchase the plan until right before leaving.

The QS credits are interchangeable so now you have 14 more to use along the trip. Wer would find this more useful than the exta TS credits. Enjoy!

Thanks. I told the girls this info and they quickly added that it meant 7 more snack credits. Then they called dibs. This will actually help. The kids are accustomed to three meals a day, not two. I just need coffee.

Thanks. I told the girls this info and they quickly added that it meant 7 more snack credits. Then they called dibs. This will actually help. The kids are accustomed to three meals a day, not two. I just need coffee.

My son 36 year old, would do the same! He adds up his snack credits the first thing! LOL!

Earlier this evening my DD13 was putting together a Pinterest. All of her favorite snacks that she is getting on this trip. Her seven-year-old sister has promised me that I can have one of the snack credits but only if I'm good. Something is wrong here.

On DVC reservations, you can make changes up until 2 days before check-in date. If you remove the child from the reservation, you should also get the credit from their portion of the dining plan. If they told you it was non-refundable,that's wrong. I've done it myself and not had questions or issues. I rented my points out to someone who asked for the dining plan and then changed their mind a few weeks later. Full refund was credited back.

1 qs can equal 3 snack credits (same time same location)

that will get them really excited!

Thank you ibela for that information. I think that now we are just gong to eat them. The girls (13 and 7) have already went full blown planning. They like the idea of having three meals a day.

I would call Disney again. Sometimes you get a different answer from a different person. A few years ago we had a death in the family and had to cancel our trip 3 days before we were scheduled to leave. Everything was credited back but had to be switched to a manager to get refund for Halloween party. Or you could use the extra food credit to try something new meal.

I would call Disney again. Sometimes you get a different answer from a different person. A few years ago we had a death in the family and had to cancel our trip 3 days before we were scheduled to leave. Everything was credited back but had to be switched to a manager to get refund for Halloween party. Or you could use the extra food credit to try something new meal.

Thanks. You are right. We have had that same experience in the past. Call back and get a different answer. However, this time it looks like we are going to do the latter. The girls have made plans on just how to best spend those snack credits and where they plan to have breakfast. It all turned out good in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter