• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra morning hours

Minnie404

Mouseketeer
hi
First time to Disneyland next week and we are staying on property so we can take advantage of the early hours. I was just looking though at the hours and attractions and is only certain rides open at that time? It didn't seem many rides are open that extra hour.

Just trying to figure out a plan when we get into the park.

Tia

hi
First time to Disneyland next week and we are staying on property so we can take advantage of the early hours. I was just looking though at the hours and attractions and is only certain rides open at that time? It didn't seem many rides are open that extra hour.

Just trying to figure out a plan when we get into the park.

Tia

In Disneyland, only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open. In DCA, I'm not sure. Everything we tried to ride was open when we had early entry one day in November. It seemed like everything was open. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

In Disneyland, you can knock off all of Fantasyland in the first hour. Since none of those rides have FP, and many of them get very long lines later in the day, it's well worth it to rope drop. Head straight to Peter Pan. There are more detailed strategies for early entry in the sticky threads at the top of the forums. Some of the stuff in Tomorrowland is open for EE, too, but much of that can be FP'd for later in the day.

In California Adventure, you can get onto some of the rides that will get ridiculous later in the day or run out of FP, esp. RSR. Again, check the stickies for good strategies. Have a great trip! :)

As a side note, I'm kind of soured on the DL EMH. Since it's only Fantasyland & Tomorrowland open, it seemed like it was just as busy as any normal morning time (one morning seemed much worse, but maybe it was a fluke). Also those with 3+ day parkhoppers are able to utilize one MM at DL. On the other hand, EMH at DCA was well worth it and we got quite a lot done in that time.

As a side note, I'm kind of soured on the DL EMH. Since it's only Fantasyland & Tomorrowland open, it seemed like it was just as busy as any normal morning time (one morning seemed much worse, but maybe it was a fluke). Also those with 3+ day parkhoppers are able to utilize one MM at DL. On the other hand, EMH at DCA was well worth it and we got quite a lot done in that time.

My one and only MM at Disneyland (on a Tuesday) was so incredibly packed that we basically did nothing. It was really lame. People around me (who also had never done MM) were asking if it was normal or not. I have no idea but it was a total bust for is. The early entry at DCA however was fantastic. It was so empty.

When DL has EMH (hotel guests) they also have MM (3 day + ticket holders)...so it’s much more crowded.

My one and only MM at Disneyland (on a Tuesday) was so incredibly packed that we basically did nothing. It was really lame. People around me (who also had never done MM) were asking if it was normal or not. I have no idea but it was a total bust for is. The early entry at DCA however was fantastic. It was so empty.

I find it also depends on opening time - we have done MM at DL at 9 for a 10AM opening and it's packed - and on the other hand have done 7AM for an 8AM opening and it was much quieter. Getting up early is hard.

I find it also depends on opening time - we have done MM at DL at 9 for a 10AM opening and it's packed - and on the other hand have done 7AM for an 8AM opening and it was much quieter. Getting up early is hard.

For what it's worth, the crazy packed MM I did at DL was at 8am for a 9am opening.

Disneyland only has Tomorrowland and Fantasyland open for extra magic hours. California Adventure is just about everything. Tomorrowland and Fanyasyland have plenty of rides that will have long lines later in the day (Especially Space Mountain, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter