Extra magic hours a night at Epcot? Was anyone there?

DisneyGina

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I just got back from our trip to WDW and we were lucky enough to be there for one of there extra magic hour evenings at Epcot center. I have to say. It was lame. I am sure it is different and better at the magic kingdom but Epcot I thought was a waste of time. In the worldshow case, the only two lands that were opened were Norway and Mexico because they are the only ones with rides. Maelstrom had a line that was incredible because nothing else was opened. All of the stands were closed down in except for these two lands so you couldn't even get something to drink. I was really excited at first about epcot being opened because I thought at least other lands shops would be opened but they werent. I understand table service restuarants would have to close on time but what is the point of having everyone stay in the park for three hours but only for those two things in the world showcase. There are only so many times you can go on test track and mission space. If they are going to do this in the future they should at least have some concession stands opend in each land and some shops.

What did everyone else think about this?

We just got back and I can't say enough about how wonderful the extra hours were!! We did all the parks AK, Epcot, Mgm, and Magic Kingdom. There were a lot of rides open that you could do.
We found it to be wonderful. As for Epcot, we did the Maelstrom,
the Mexico ride, test track, mission space, the land was open and so was living seas, Imagination ride. They give you a list of what is open that night, and we found plenty to do!! We did the surveys when we left. I certainly hope they will continue this as we aren't early risers!!

Kaybee -

What were the extra magic hours at night like in AK. Was it three hours their and were their enough lights in the park for after dark?

Just curious

princess: Shelly

Animal Kingdom was open until 8pm. Yes, it was rather dark but the pathways were lit so you could still see where you were going. But, because of the rather rough and uneven walkways, I did see an elderly women had fallen and the paramedics were there to assist her. Looks like she had a large cut on her forehead!! We did enjoy staying there later, as you get a totally different view of the park later at night. Especially the safari ride. We got to see a lot of animals. More so then during the day. Some walked right up to the vehicle, so close we could have touched them but knew that we shouldn't...that was a fun experience.

We just returned and did the EMH for EPCOT, MGM and MK. We really enjoyed MGM and MK, but like the OP found EPCOT to be a little disappointing. While the MK and MGM seemed very busy with people (busier than earlier in the day) EPCOT seemed desolate to me. I would have enjoyed it much more if WS had been left completely open.

We were asked to complete the survey as well when we left. Two of the questions were did you eat after the EMH started and did you buy anything. I didn't see any of this at EPCOT, but people were really shopping and eating at MGM and MK.

We also did the EMH for EPCOT this past Sunday but we didn't stick around too late. Despite the large crowds, Mission Space didn't have a large standby line with only about a 10 minute wait. At the same time, Test Track looked like it was packed so we skipped it during the EMH. After Mission Space, wife and I enjoyed a couple of hotdogs from the nearby sidewalk vendor and afterwards headed back to our hotel. Didn't see any surveys on our way out. The bus back to CBR was standing room only, and there were quite a few people who weren't able to get on it.

I think it would be pointless having all the World Showcase pavillions and food kiosks open during the extra magic hour. There simply aren't enough people shopping during events like these. Most people are there to enjoy the attractions they missed during the day. The shops are rarely busy during normal park hours.

I understand table service restuarants would have to close on time but what is the point of having everyone stay in the park for three hours but only for those two things in the world showcase.

There is plenty to do in Future World. It also makes sense to have more attractions open in Future World since the guests are closest to the park exit, buses, parking and monorail that way. If they have people concentrated in one area it is easier to staff. Just like on E-nights at the Magic Kingdom. Only a few areas of the park are open. Most of the shops and food stands are closed because they don't have enough traffic to justify opening venues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter