Extra Magic Hour FP+s

Superblonde

Mouseketeer
I'm new to the FP+ system and will be making FP+s in just 5 days.
The one questions I have had a hard time finding the answer to is FP+s for Extra Magic Hours...
MK has 12am-2am EMHs while we are there and we are looking forward to taking advantage of these! We are two adults (who plan to take a nap that day) so hopefully we are good to go.
Are Anna&Elsa and other characters still around that late? Would it make sense to make FP+s for that time frame (12am-2am) or will the park be desolate anyway?
Thank you in advance!

The one questions I have had a hard time finding the answer to is FP+s for Extra Magic Hours...
MK has 12am-2am EMHs while we are there and we are looking forward to taking advantage of these! We are two adults (who plan to take a nap that day) so hopefully we are good to go.
Are Anna&Elsa and other characters still around that late? Would it make sense to make FP+s for that time frame (12am-2am) or will the park be desolate anyway?
Thank you in advance!

No FP+ reservations can be made for or used during EMH.

Thank you in advance!

If you plan on a late arrival, I would plan your FP+ for right when you arrive for three of your absolute MUST DOs.

Then, after your use your third start booking additional FP+ from the kiosks for attractions that have long waits (maybe things like Thunder, Splash, Peter Pan, etc.). Now, chances of alot of the popular attractions (Thunder, Splash, Peter Pan, etc) having FP+ availability that late into the evening is slim to none.

So, use your 4th, 5th, 6th +, etc etc FP+ on the most populuar attractions with the longest waits after you use your three that you pre-booked and any of the popular attractions that you didn't dod standby and couldn't get a FP+ for, do within the last hour so.

Essentially a reverse rope drop strategy with the most popular attractions coming very last.

One thing we learned was that morning EMH's have a slight advantage over evening EMH's because they don't have to compete with an already established standby and FP line.

For instance, park close is at midnight with EMH to 2am. All guests can still get in the SB line for say, 7DMT, right up to midnight. Likewise, guests are still entering the FP queue right up until midnight as well. All guests in the line at midnight will be allowed to remain in line, when only those staying onsite will be permitted to enter the SB line. So what may have been a posted wait time of 70 minutes is how long the SB line will take to dissipate.

Make sense?

At least in the mornings, you start with empty queues.

Posted wait times are often greatly exaggerated in the evening. It may say 70 minutes, but the actual wait could be 15 or less.

We find the lines to be much shorter in the evenings than in the mornings.

During our most reçent visit this summer, we were able to ride up to 16 rides in a 4 hour period starting at 8 pm with no FP+ at MK. I don't think I could get anywhere near that efficiency in the morning.

One thing we learned was that morning EMH's have a slight advantage over evening EMH's because they don't have to compete with an already established standby and FP line.

Also people in general are more willing to stay up late than to get up early.

I would say that AM EMHs have more than a "slight" advantage over PM EMHs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter