Extra Magic Hour AK Question

HeartofMagic83

Earning My Ears
We are excited to be leaving tomorrow for our trip!!

We are staying at a Disney Resort, and as you all well know, will be taking advantage of the Extra Morning hour at AK this coming Monday.

Anyone attended Pandora during Extra Magic hours to ride Flight of passage? We have a fastpass for it later that evening, but would like to ride it twice without much of a wait if possible.

I have never been to a rope drop at AK, and from what I've been reading, they let the early morning crowd who are there for rope drop in early. Does this affect and defeat the purpose of EMH?

FoP will be THE most busy attraction at AM EMH.

There are many other open AM EMH attractions that will have very (very) low wait-times.
It will be up to you to decide how to most effectively use that AM EMH hour.

What is very often missing from these kind of discussions is the fact that SOMEBODY (lots of somebodies, actually) will be the first (dozen, or so) in line for FoP on any given day.
For those folks, the FoP wait-time will be nearly zero.

You want to be in the front of the line waiting to get into the park. This means you need to be in line at least an hour before EMH opens. They usually open the scanners 45-30 minutes prior. Hold the crowd at the bridge, then walk everyone to the ride about 15 minutes before opening. The time gets to be 1-2 hour standby by 20 minutes after opening. Check buses times when you arrive at resort. They may start only 30 minutes prior to EMH.

Oh Gosh, I know! I would love for my family to be one of those Somebody.

We could try, but if we aren't, it isn't the end of the world. We'll just do the River Journey.

If you are there early enough to be some of the first people through the gates and make a bee-line for FoP as soon they let people in you can ride FoP with a very short wait. Be sure to stay to the left hand side of the entry and walk directly to the path to Pandora. They will usually stop the crowd at the bridge. Good Luck! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You want to be in the front of the line waiting to get into the park. This means you need to be in line at least an hour before EMH opens. They usually open the scanners 45-30 minutes prior. Hold the crowd at the bridge, then walk everyone to the ride about 15 minutes before opening. The time gets to be 1-2 hour standby by 20 minutes after opening. Check buses times when you arrive at resort. They may start only 30 minutes prior to EMH.

Thank you for the information! These are some great things to consider, especially the bus info. That didn't even cross my mind!

If you are there early enough to be some of the first people through the gates and make a bee-line for FoP as soon they let people in you can ride FoP with a very short wait. Be sure to stay to the left hand side of the entry and walk directly to the path to Pandora. They will usually stop the crowd at the bridge. Good Luck! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks for the heads up on the entry way! I'll be sure to follow your advice.

Also when it’s an EMH morning they won’t let in the crowds early.

That may be true now, but when I went to AK on Nov.4,EMH early day, they did open the scanners at 7:15 am. Then they held the crowd at the bridge till 15 minutes prior to.

Also when it’s an EMH morning they won’t let in the crowds early.

That's good to know! Thanks so much!!

As others have already posted, they DO open early even on EMH day at AK. There have been very recent reports of this still happening. Please do not show up to EMH at 7:45 expecting to see everyone still waiting; they'll already be on FoP.

Now, if we were talking about MK, that's a different story. They don't open MK an hour early when it is EMH like they do for regular hours.

Our EMH day just a few weeks ago started at 7am - we arrived at 6:30am and walked on to Navi River. FoP had been running since 6am and line was at 2 hours already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter