Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait times from Sunday 10/20. Rides not listed had a wait time of ten mn or less.

6:15
13mn ToT
20mn SDD
SR 45mn
RnR temp closed

6:30
13mn ToT
20mn SDD
SR 60mn
RnR temp closed

6:52
13mn ToT
15mn TSM
40mn SR
SDD temp closed

7:08
13mn ToT
15mn Meet Ariel/Cinderella & Elena
30mn TSM
45mn SR
50mn 7DMT
60mn FoP
SDD temp closed

7:34
13mn ToT
15mn Meet Ariel/Mickey, Speedway, TSM
20mn Saucers
25mn 7DMT
40mn SR
45mn SDD
75mn FoP

8:05 AK/MK open to all
13mn ToT
15mn Enchanted Tales, Meet Ariel, Na'vi, PP, RnR
20mn Space, Speedway
25mn TSM
40mn 7DMT
50mn SDD
55mn SR
135mn FoP
JC temp closed

8:23
13mn ToT
15mn Enchanted Tales, Meet Ariel/Mickey, PP, RnR, Space
20mn Meet Cinderella & Elena/Rapunzel & Tiana/Tink, Speedway, TSM
25mn Safari, 7DMT
40mn Na'vi
45mn SDD
55mn SR
150mn FOP
JC temp closed

This may be too soon to ask....but how does everybody think all this will play out once RotR opens in December? I couldn't get FP for SDD and am crushed about that. I am not sure if I should rush to RotR or SDD???

When do you go in December??? I'd study the wait times prior to going. That should give you a decent idea of what to expect. As long as there is no FP for either Star Wars ride at that time the lines should move pretty smoothly. Its possible that hitting Toy Story Land may still be the best bet.

Our day in HS is Sunday, Dec 15th. That's what I was thinking but SO do not want
When do you go in December??? I'd study the wait times prior to going. That should give you a decent idea of what to expect. As long as there is no FP for either Star Wars ride at that time the lines should move pretty smoothly. Its possible that hitting Toy Story Land may still be the best bet.
That's what I was thinking but SO do not want to get to RotR at an hour wait (or worse)…..I will do much studying beforehand but am just a little anxious about it after not getting a FP for SDD. Thanks!!!

You will have about 10 days to study the trends! You have to throw out opening day as it will be madness like it was on 8/29. I just worry that many people were waiting until both rides were open to make the trip to Disney World. A couple of cast members actually mentioned that to me when we were there earlier this month. I wish you the best of luck!

We attended EEMH at HS on 10/23. We got to the park and through security at 5:30 am and waited until 5:50 before they started scanning tickets. Be aware that most of the crowd went through security on the right while a section to the left was empty. As the crowd came to the first decision point, it seemed to split equally, half going to TS and the other half to GE. No one split off to ToT and RnR.

We headed to TS and did all three rides with SDD having a 5 min wait and the other 2 being walk ons. We did TSMM twice with the second having a 10 min wait. Next, we headed to GE and rode SR with a 20 min wait (posted 30 min). We finished out the early hours with ST and could’ve done all the major rides during those 3 hours.

Thanks!! LOL. I have thought of that as well. I am certain many were waiting for both rides. Although that was not our objective, we knew it. Planning on hitting RD and hoping for the best!! I will keep you updated on our "success"!!

Sorry in advance, skipping the most recent couple pages to add our update while it’s fresh in my mind.

In short, as an admitted “hater” of these EEMH when announced, I love them!!!

On Monday we got to the bus stop at Boardwalk at about 6, on our way by 6:15. Security was a breeze and we were held at the station until just before 7. We were at the front of the pack, and walked to the rope for 7DMT, also at the front. We ended up being on the first train of the day! After that we toured IMO pretty all over the place, but we still managed to do nearly the whole park (no characters, and we left our maybe 5-6 things out of choice not necessity) with no waits with the help of FP for HM (not needed), Splash, and BTMRR later in the morning. We ate breakfast at Gastons Tavern and lunch at CHH, leaving shortly after that for Epcot to use a 4th FP on Soarin.

We did not do AK EEMH, as I wasn’t about to sacrifice Boma breakfast for a ride on Navi 😂. Turns out we basically walked on when we arrived at about 830-845, and got it as a 4th FP later anyways.

I don’t think I need to explain how wonderful the 6 AM opening at DHS to anyone reading this, but we just did it this morning. Walked over from Boardwalk at about 530, getting to the turnstiles about 15 minutes later. They held us until close to 6, holding us again closer to Great Movie Ride (RIP). Did the slow walk back to MFSR, started a timer when I considered us in a line form, boarded about 15 minutes later. SDD appeared to not have opened right away (it wasn’t showing on MDE) so I’m glad with our choice. SDD was open when we got off, showing a 30 minute line. We rode and it was 15. Funny enough, the wait I did not anticipate was Alien Swirling Saucers, they were only running one side at that point. After that we did TSMM and had breakfast. On our way down sunset boulevard at about 8, walked right to the studio on RNRC and had a short wait just outside the entrance to the building at tower closer to the end. We definitely could have done repeats but went at a very slow (my DH calls that “relaxing”) pace. We spent a lot of time just sitting in Batuu, soaking it up and drinking blue milk. We tapped through 2 useless tier 2s, and rode SDD again later in the morning with FP. Got an immediate TSMM while in line. In the line for TSMM we got a 2nd TSMM FP for our return this evening. Left DHS after lunch for a nap!

The combination of EEMH and the rolling FP has been wonderful for us! I wish they would continue it, but I feel lucky to have had a trip booked in this small window where they existed. Everyone else’s reports helped us plan our days, especially at DHS! Thanks for contributing, everyone!

Did EEMH at DHS this morning after getting back from MNSSHP at 1:30 am lol :faint:

Got in line for security at 5:15 and were scanned into the park starting at 5:50.

We were first in line for the day at Slinky!

We did:

SDD x 2
AS2
TSMM x2
2nd in line for Bo Peep (woody wasn’t with her)
5 min wait for Buzz
TOT
RNRC (no preshow)
Stopped for a Mickey pretzel and some photopass photos
3rd in line for Mickey and Minnie
MFSR x 2 (first time 15 minute wait posted 30, second time 20 minute wait posted 40)

done at 9:10

Today was our day!

Fire alarm at YC at 3:30am, did not fall back to sleep
Got up at 5:30am
Caught boat to DHS, through gates at 5:58

Rode
SD
TSMM x 2
Aliens
SR
Hung out at Ogas
Built a droid
Browsed the shops at SWGE
Watched Chewy repair a ship
Photopass Magic shots
ST
RnR
Out at 9:12

Accomplished what we wanted.
Enjoyed seeing TSL and SWGE before sunrise and SWGE at sunrise.

Thanks all who have posted. You made this great morning happen for us.

Today was our day!

Fire alarm at YC at 3:30am, did not fall back to sleep
Got up at 5:30am
Caught boat to DHS, through gates at 5:58

Rode
SD
TSMM x 2
Aliens
SR
Hung out at Ogas
Built a droid
Browsed the shops at SWGE
Watched Chewy repair a ship
Photopass Magic shots
ST
RnR
Out at 9:12

Accomplished what we wanted.
Enjoyed seeing TSL and SWGE before sunrise and SWGE at sunrise.

Thanks all who have posted. You made this great morning happen for us.
Wonder if we were on slinky together lol

We did EEMH this morning 10/26 at HS. It was hard to get up after a very late night at MNSSHP. After catching a bus at Pop, we were inside HS around 6:30. Even though we were late, we still got to do:
Slinky-2
TSM
RnR-2
ToT
MFSR

We were not in any kind of rush and even stopped for coffee around 8:00. The last ride before opening was MFSR. We got in line around 8:30 and we were off by 9:00.

FYI...I think the skyliner hours are still inconsistent. Our resort CM said it opened at 8:00. But another guest said they were told it opened at 6:00. When we arrived at HS the skyliner was running. But, we didn’t see any CMs working or people getting off. It was dark, so it’s entirely possible we just couldn’t see them.

Wait times this morning, 10 and under not listed:

6:19
13 mn ToT
15mn SDD
40mn SR

6:30
13mn ToT
15mn SDD
30mn SR

6:41
13mn ToT
25mn SDD
30mn SR

6:54
13mn ToT
30mn SR, SDD

7:10
13mn ToT
15mn Meet Ariel, Cinderella/Elena
20mn 7DMT
30mn SR, SDD
75mn FoP

7:28
13mn ToT
15mn Dino, Meet Ariel, Cinderella/Elena, and Mickey, TSM
25mn 7DMT
30mn SDD
35mn SR
60mn FoP

7:48
13mn ToT
15mn Meet Ariel, Cinderalla/Elena, Mickey and Tink, Speedway
20mn PP
30mn 7DMT
40mn SR, SDD
75mn FoP
Closed Navi

8:06 MK/AK open to all
15mn Enchanted Tales, HM, Meet Cinderella/Elena, Mickey, and Tink, Speedway, ToT
20mn Na'vi
25mn PP
30mn SDD
35mn 7DMT
40mn SR
90mn FoP

8:23
15mn Enchanted Tales, Meet Cinderella/Elena and Mickey, RnR, Speedway
20mn Meet Rapunzel/Tiana, ToT
30mn Safari, PP, SDD
35mn SR, Na'vi, 7DMT
40mn Meet Cinderella/Elena
105mn FoP

8:41
15mn Dino, Enchanted Tales, Meet Mickey, RnR
20mn Meet Cinderella/Elena, Rapunzel/Tiana
25mn Safari
30mn PP, SDD, Test Track (glitch?)
35mn Astro
40mn SR, ToT
55mn Na'vi, 7DMT
90mn FoP

8:53
15mn Dino, Enchanted Tales, Meet Mickey, Tink, Speedway
20mn Meet Cinderella/Elena, Rapunzel/Tiana, RnR
25mn Pirates
30mn Test Track, ToT
35mn Safari
40mn PP
50mn SR, 7DMT, SDD
75mn Na'vi
90mn FoP

9:06 headliners
SDD 59mn, SR 60mn, Na'vi 80mn, FoP 85mn

How’s the song go.... don’t know what you’ve got ‘till it’s gone.....

7 more days of EEMHs.

Just about the best thing to happen to us theme park folks in a long time.

It’s been a good run.

I feel so lucky we got to visit while they were happening! They were even more effective than those old 12-3 AM EMH at MK that I loved so much.

How’s the song go.... don’t know what you’ve got ‘till it’s gone.....

7 more days of EEMHs.

Just about the best thing to happen to us theme park folks in a long time.

It’s been a good run.

While we enjoyed taking advantage of the EEMHs, I will not be unhappy that they are gone and regular park hours return. We found the early openings created more stress and frenzy while leaving us feeling exhausted by the end of vacation. I'm not sure why. We are typically early risers and would be awake in time to head out. I guess I missed the slow morning pace of leisurely getting ready before heading out. :confused3 I do hope that DHS returns the FP situation to its previous status. The one FP for all of the headliners truly stinks!

The EEMH criticism for off-site/non-eligible guests is a fair one.

To clarify, my take on EEMHs is not just the EMH part, but the regular park hours part too. We have all benefited from materially increased regular park hours for the last two months. There is no better way to spread people around than more park hours, especially early ones (in my opinion).

Between Sept-Oct, there were 268 additional regular (non-EMH) park operating hours than the same months last year (or roughly 33 extra hours per week) (+49 at MK, -1 at EP, +109 at DHS, +110 at DAK). There were 260 additional Extra Magic Hours over the same time period (or roughly 33 per week) (+42 at MK, +1 at EP, +174 at DHS, +43 at DAK).

Recent park hour trends have been the opposite - so when more hours are in the system (especially lots of hours like this), I will take those hours any day.

To pick on DHS for a second... it's about to go from 13 regular and 3 EMH hours per day (16 total) to 12 total hours per day (plus one day a week with 1 hour of EMH) - that's 4 hours of guests that have to go somewhere. We've enjoyed a lack of rope drop/running with the bulls horror stories so far. Will be interesting to see what happens now when 9am openings return.

Today was my EEMH time at HS. I was at the pop bus stop at 515 and three buses showed up at 550. I was inside HS by 615. Hoping for earlier but I try not to stress over what I have no control over. Bus driver said he normally drives epcot, fyi.

I rode SDD twice, TSM twice, ate at woody's lunchbox and rode aliens once. I also rode the falcon single rider twice and was leaving as the 9 am crowd arrived to go to my 915 Oga ADR. My two jobs were engineer and gunner when there were only 3 of us in the ride. I'm a little nervous about Pilot but I'm coming back wednesday and may go thru the regular line.

Thanks for all the reports that prepared me. I love both of the new lands.

We are just back from 10 days of EEMH. We were OK with the early times as we are more RD people but being at DHS at 5:40 was brutal. I will say that during the early hours we got a ridiculous amount of stuff done in the parks. We are park veterans so we don't have to do everything so we left most days before 1:00 pm. With the heat and rain last week, it was great to get back to the pool or room for a little cat nap. We both loved the early hours overall and hope WDW would consider having these hours more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter