Extra dishes for 2BR at BLT?

senoragilbert

Mouseketeer
Please excuse this really dumb question. My husband and I, our son, and my MIL have previously used our DVC points in studios. This time, it's a big trip with SMIL and FIL footing the bill (they rented our points) with 15 total people in a 2 BR and 2 studios.

The plan, of course, was to do "at-home" meals in the 2BR...but I just realized I may need to add paper goods to my grocery list, if there are really only 8 of everything in the unit. Anyone have any experience with this? Can we ask mousekeeping for a bunch of paper goods like they use in the studios, or extra dishes that we can wash? I'm trying to get my grocery list together so we can do one big WM pickup and not have to leave the bubble every day for that one thing we forgot.

I'm open to any and all advice on keeping my own sanity as I plan this big trip. I really don't want to end up in tears more than once (never is not reasonable, with as much time as I'm having to put in on this!)

I think if they have them to give you, they’d bring you more real dishes. I don’t think they are going to constantly replenish paper products for you, so I would plan on getting some just to be sure.

What if you ask and they say no? Or they say yes but show up too late for your meal? I personally would just add paper plates to my grocery list so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

You could send an email to MS with the request for more glassware. And when you check in, speak to someone about getting extra glassware, plates, etc. But I would still add disposables to your shopping list.
You should also add dishwasher detergent (they usually give you two packets) and some good dish soap....I personally don’t like what they give you....it does not take care of grease really well like Dawn does. And don’t forget laundry detergent and dryer sheets. And coffee and filters.
Don’t stress yourself out. Make separate lists of things to buy and things to pack. I separate my shopping list by categories and add to them when I think of something. I’m not one for curbside pick up, but if you can place the bulk of your order like that and go into the store for things you may have forgotten you could save time.

Managing a large group of people can be challenging for the organizer. Communication and organization is key....like finding out ahead of time breakfast preferences and planning out your dinner menus way before you go.

You could send an email to MS with the request for more glassware. And when you check in, speak to someone about getting extra glassware, plates, etc. But I would still add disposables to your shopping list.
You should also add dishwasher detergent (they usually give you two packets) and some good dish soap....I personally don’t like what they give you....it does not take care of grease really well like Dawn does. And don’t forget laundry detergent and dryer sheets. And coffee and filters.
Don’t stress yourself out. Make separate lists of things to buy and things to pack. I separate my shopping list by categories and add to them when I think of something. I’m not one for curbside pick up, but if you can place the bulk of your order like that and go into the store for things you may have forgotten you could save time.

Managing a large group of people can be challenging for the organizer. Communication and organization is key....like finding out ahead of time breakfast preferences and planning out your dinner menus way before you go.
Best argument for getting an Owner's Locker.

Best argument for getting an Owner's Locker.
I know, but when we're in Florida, it's not always in Orlando. :(

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! If it were just a few paper plates, it would be fine, but we're talking about glasses, coffee cups, flatware, and bowls too! Keep those ideas coming! I'll start a list of questions to ask member services, so I don't have to sit on hold several times!

The studios will have the paper products so that will help. I have heard that studios can request real coffee mugs too! So they could do that and bring them to the 2 bedroom during the stay?

The BLT kitchens have three sets of plates so that should help they have regular dinner size, a fancy orange triangle plate (my kids love to use these when we stay there), and small bread size plates. But I would definitely order a package of paper plates just to make it easy. Usually for silverware they have large and small forks and spoons so it should be enough.

The BLT kitchens have three sets of plates so that should help they have regular dinner size, a fancy orange triangle plate (my kids love to use these when we stay there), and small bread size plates. But I would definitely order a package of paper plates just to make it easy. Usually for silverware they have large and small forks and spoons so it should be enough.

Great! Sounds like cereal bowls would be a good idea.

Yes definitely paper bowls if you plan on cereal for breakfast. If for some reason you don’t have enough silverware you could grab plastic ones at the contempo cafe quick service at the contemporary.
That makes sense, I forgot those are available to grab. Thanks for helping me think through this! Who would have imagined this level of planning detail when I agreed to help??? :rotfl2:

That makes sense, I forgot those are available to grab. Thanks for helping me think through this! Who would have imagined this level of planning detail when I agreed to help??? :rotfl2:
You are going on this trip too right? And not just helping? You’re getting lots of helpful suggestions. The fridge is a nice size and there is so much storage space.
One other thing (you said you never stayed in a one bedroom) is their knives for carving and slicing are awful. If you can safely wrap and pack (in your checked bag) some good knives from home, I would recommend it.

You are going on this trip too right? And not just helping? You’re getting lots of helpful suggestions. The fridge is a nice size and there is so much storage space.
One other thing (you said you never stayed in a one bedroom) is their knives for carving and slicing are awful. If you can safely wrap and pack (in your checked bag) some good knives from home, I would recommend it.
Yes, I’m going. That’s where the crying might come into play…having done all this work, you know someone will blame me for something…

Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated!

Yes, I’m going. That’s where the crying might come into play…having done all this work, you know someone will blame me for something…

Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated!
Good luck with the planning! I just wanted to point out a seating difference between some of the villas. Their is not a lot of seating in the kitchen/dining/living room space. The set-up is the same between the 1-bdrm and 2-bdrm. So, the kitchen seating is more geared to having 5 people in there.

It may be helpful to know there is less seating in the 'inner' villas (the ones on the inside of the 'C'). So, that would be most of the lake view villas.

The outer villas have a kitchen island with an overhang and two stools. The inner villas do not have the overhang or stools.

It may be helpful to know there is less seating in the 'inner' villas (the ones on the inside of the 'C'). So, that would be most of the lake view villas.

The outer villas have a kitchen island with an overhang and two stools. The inner villas do not have the overhang or stools.
I stalked these reservations, so they are standard view. I will be sure to request the outer wedge rooms! Thanks so much, that will make a huge difference!

Please excuse this really dumb question. My husband and I, our son, and my MIL have previously used our DVC points in studios. This time, it's a big trip with SMIL and FIL footing the bill (they rented our points) with 15 total people in a 2 BR and 2 studios.

The plan, of course, was to do "at-home" meals in the 2BR...but I just realized I may need to add paper goods to my grocery list, if there are really only 8 of everything in the unit. Anyone have any experience with this? Can we ask mousekeeping for a bunch of paper goods like they use in the studios, or extra dishes that we can wash? I'm trying to get my grocery list together so we can do one big WM pickup and not have to leave the bubble every day for that one thing we forgot.

I'm open to any and all advice on keeping my own sanity as I plan this big trip. I really don't want to end up in tears more than once (never is not reasonable, with as much time as I'm having to put in on this!)
Hi! I don’t have much advice for cutlery in a 2BR. But reading your post made my heart ache for you. I am sorry that this planning part has been so stressful for you. No one should be blaming you, even if there’s not a single fork to be found. I’d tell them to eat with their hands! It’s a vacation. Sending you virtual hugs.

My advice would be that if it ever becomes too much, have people take turns ordering Uber eats. The restaurant will send plenty of cutlery if the box is checked. And… consider booking a studio for yourself, hubby and son. Being able to have some distance and privacy on vacation makes my relationships better.

Wishing you all the best. 💕

The seating for the 15 people is going to be more trouble than dishes IMO.

However I'd request the extra dishware and flatware. Between small and large glasses you should have enough drinkware even if it won't all be identical. And if dishes and flatware are not available then have those in the studios bring the paper plates and plastic flatware they receive. They can be replenished as needed by housekeeping.

Outer wedge are even numbered rooms!
Even easier! Thank you SO MUCH!

My advice would be that if it ever becomes too much, have people take turns ordering Uber eats. The restaurant will send plenty of cutlery if the box is checked. And… consider booking a studio for yourself, hubby and son. Being able to have some distance and privacy on vacation makes my relationships better.

Wishing you all the best. 💕
Thank you so much! We are in the 2br with SMIL, FIL, and 2 teenage nieces. We are the only ones who live in a different city so SMIL and FIL desperately want to spend that time with us. I definitely hear your point, and I will float the idea of switching out with one of the other families in studios to see what they think.

The seating for the 15 people is going to be more trouble than dishes IMO.

However I'd request the extra dishware and flatware. Between small and large glasses you should have enough drinkware even if it won't all be identical. And if dishes and flatware are not available then have those in the studios bring the paper plates and plastic flatware they receive. They can be replenished as needed by housekeeping.

This is all very helpful! We were thinking a lot of grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches, nothing elaborate. Possibly one night of frozen pizzas and salad on paper plates, but nothing that requires that every person sit at a table. With the living room seating I'm hoping we'll make it through. I can also suggest that in our order, we separate out some breakfast goodies for the studios so that not everyone has to come to the 2br for every meal.

I really do appreciate all the help with trying to plan for this big group. You're supporting my mental health, too! Much pixie dust to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter