Extending our stay in Ireland?

cindy21494

<font color=660099>Just the facts, ma'am<font colo
Hello,

We are seriously thinking of doing the Ireland trip next year. We already know we want to arrive a day early, but has anyone added a day at the end of their trip? Adventures by Disney website makes it seem as if you can only add a day at the beginning with them. Here's what it says: "Yes, you may stay in Ireland before our itinerary."

We would really like to stay an extra day and enjoy some of the activities at the Dromoland Castle.

Anyone know if we can add an extra day at the end with Adventures by Disney or will we have to do it ourselves?

We didn't stay longer at Dromoland, but it's a nice idea. If ABD doesn't offer post stays, I wouldn't hesitate to book directly with Dromoland and just arrange your own transfer to the airport. Be sure to eat in their upscale restaurant. It was very Downton Abbey.

Yes, you can add on an extra night at the end of your stay in Dromoland Castle. We did this ABD in Sep 2017 and were able to add on a day before and an extra day after.

We didn't stay longer at Dromoland, but it's a nice idea. If ABD doesn't offer post stays, I wouldn't hesitate to book directly with Dromoland and just arrange your own transfer to the airport. Be sure to eat in their upscale restaurant. It was very Downton Abbey.

Do you know the name of the restaurant? I know ABD does a dinner there where they recommend we dress up. I'd love to try it if it's a different one. :)

Yes, you can add on an extra night at the end of your stay in Dromoland Castle. We did this ABD in Sep 2017 and were able to add on a day before and an extra day after.

Thank you for the information. :) The way they quoted the extended stays on the website made it seem like we could only add it on in the beginning. Just curious if you liked the new itinerary? I heard it changed last year.

Do you know the name of the restaurant? I know ABD does a dinner there where they recommend we dress up. I'd love to try it if it's a different one. :)

Earl of Thomond. Not to be missed. I believe ABD eats at the casual Fig Tree.

Why not extend your holiday for 2 or 3 days & see the real Ireland .

Now look up Bunratty Castle & their Banquet ..... It is a short trip from Dromoland

You could visit your President's Golf Course in Dunbeg Co. Clare

Why not extend your holiday for 2 or 3 days & see the real Ireland .

Now look up Bunratty Castle & their Banquet ..... It is a short trip from Dromoland

You could visit your President's Golf Course in Dunbeg Co. Clare

I would love to extend our trip for 2-3 days. I'm just not sure we can. I'll have to see how our finances are. :) Bunratty Castle looks amazing. I would definitely add that if we can. I'm not a big fan of golfing...or our President if I was being honest. haha If we can extend it more than a day, I'll have to look into other things we can do in the area though. Thank you for the suggestions. :)

We are doing Tauck Bridges Ireland next month. The price is
significantly less—$4000/person versus the $5000-$6000 depending on date for ABD. (plus the guide’s tip is included) and the itinerary is similar. We have done 8 ABDs and 9 Tauck trips. Tauck stays at Dromoland Castle at the end as well, and we will be adding a free post-night there with our “Gift of Time”. If you haven’t booked your ABD yet, I would seriously consider Tauck. Their customer service is far superior. They will tell you the ages and sexes of the kids already booked if you are trying to find a good match for your children. The food choices are much better and alcohol is often included at more meals. And the gift of time each and every year since our first trip has been so nice. The price is the price, and the only direction mine has ever gone us down, not up. In fact, all 6 of my family got a $500 per person credit on this trip for a very, very slight complaint on our Galapagos Tauck Bridges trip last year. I just mentioned the smallest most inconsequential thing on my end of trip survey. Was a completely, totally, spectacular trip mind you. Just mentioned it, and they wrote to apologize and to give all of us $500 off any future trip. It blows ABD customer service out of the water. I feel completely valued and respected as a Tauck customer.

significantly less—$4000/person versus the $5000-$6000 depending on date for ABD. (plus the guide’s tip is included) and the itinerary is similar. We have done 8 ABDs and 9 Tauck trips. Tauck stays at Dromoland Castle at the end as well, and we will be adding a free post-night there with our “Gift of Time”. If you haven’t booked your ABD yet, I would seriously consider Tauck. Their customer service is far superior. They will tell you the ages and sexes of the kids already booked if you are trying to find a good match for your children. The food choices are much better and alcohol is often included at more meals. And the gift of time each and every year since our first trip has been so nice. The price is the price, and the only direction mine has ever gone us down, not up. In fact, all 6 of my family got a $500 per person credit on this trip for a very, very slight complaint on our Galapagos Tauck Bridges trip last year. I just mentioned the smallest most inconsequential thing on my end of trip survey. Was a completely, totally, spectacular trip mind you. Just mentioned it, and they wrote to apologize and to give all of us $500 off any future trip. It blows ABD customer service out of the water. I feel completely valued and respected as a Tauck customer.
That is really interesting to hear! Do you see solo travelers on your Tauck Bridges tours?

Sayhello

We are doing TB Ireland next month too. We chose it over ABD because of price, plus I was less than impressed with ABDs changes to the itinerary. If my 3rd grader knows enough to ask if we get to see the Blarney Stone, then we aren’t going to not see it. The earlier ABD itinerary was much like TB, and for our family of 5 the savings of the free pre night in Dublin is $1K. When you throw in the tip the ABD difference was a less kid-friendly itinerary for about $6K more, and that’s assuming I would get the EBD.

That is really interesting to hear! Do you see solo travelers on your Tauck Bridges tours?

We've only been on one TB tour and there weren't any solos. That was in Italy at Christmas, though. I'll be on a "regular" Tauck tour (to Ireland!) next month and I'll let you know if I see solos on an adult oriented tour. Tauck is good about having solo pricing which is up front on its website...also if you go on a Tauck River cruise their lowest cabin has no single supplement!

Rats, had I known some disboarders were doing the TB we might have done that itinerary! Sorry to miss you, @laceltris3 and @jenbadeaux. Hope y'all have fun!

@cindy21494 --I hope you get an extra night at Dromoland Castle...it was so nice just to walk around the grounds, look at the gardens, etc when I was there last time-and it was a great way to end a trip.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I looked over several trips with TB for Ireland, but ABD seems to appeal to everyone in my family more. MY DH is driving me nuts, now he wants to fly to Paris right after the tour instead and spend a few days there (it's only about an hour and a half flight). He wants to do Disneyland Paris for 2 days and then a day or two in the actual city (Eiffel Tower, Louve, shopping...).

I'll have to see how much all that will run and if we can afford that instead. I don't think cost should be too big a problem though. We will be able to get free airfare for everyone since we have a huge amount of airline miles saved up. We haven't really done any big trips in awhile and this will be the first that our DSIL will be going. He's in the Navy and is on deployment right now, but he gets out in September. After that, they want to start a family themselves soon. We want to get one last trip in before that happens. :)

Has anyone ever added a side trip to another country after their tour like that?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I looked over several trips with TB for Ireland, but ABD seems to appeal to everyone in my family more. MY DH is driving me nuts, now he wants to fly to Paris right after the tour instead and spend a few days there (it's only about an hour and a half flight). He wants to do Disneyland Paris for 2 days and then a day or two in the actual city (Eiffel Tower, Louve, shopping...).

I'll have to see how much all that will run and if we can afford that instead. I don't think cost should be too big a problem though. We will be able to get free airfare for everyone since we have a huge amount of airline miles saved up. We haven't really done any big trips in awhile and this will be the first that our DSIL will be going. He's in the Navy and is on deployment right now, but he gets out in September. After that, they want to start a family themselves soon. We want to get one last trip in before that happens. :)

Has anyone ever added a side trip to another country after their tour like that?
I've done side trips like that, but I usually do them before the ABD. Once you've been spoiled by the Adventure Guides, it's hard to travel without them. :) Just remember, if you get the ABD trip insurance, it won't cover these side trips, so you probably would want to get outside trip insurance instead.

Sayhello

Which Airline are you flying with getting to Ireland ?

Check if they fly from Ireland to Paris ? If they do check your travel Times .

Aer Lingus goes from Dublin to Paris at 06.40 , 09.40 , 13.45 , & 18.35 // Return 10.20 , 13.05 , 17.10 , & 22.00

Cork to Paris out 12.40 // Back 16.00

No Aer Lingus flights from Shannon ( Limerick ) to Paris

Try RyanAIR BUT it uses a airport OUTSIDE Paris

Also Luggage weight has to be Taken into account

You could fly to London ( Heathrow or Gatwick ) AND then by train DIRECT to D .Paris VIA EUROTUNNEL & the TGV train

We are booked for ABD Ireland for Aug 10, we're flying in two days early and added two days at the westin, they would have let us book rooms at the castle had any been available.

Since there are direct flights Charlotte to Ireland, we booked Tours by Locals to have a tour guide pick us up at the castle and take us to Dublin with a few stops on the way, that way we can take the direct flight back. Did tours by locals in san francisco and aruba, so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter