Extended verandah on Fantasy, any suggestions? Are there any on top decks?

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Just saw that there are "bigger" verandah on Fantasy. Are there any other types of bigger balconies?

We only sail in the category 4E extended verandah cabins on the fantasy. It would be near impossible for us to be as happy with a regular verandah after enjoying the extended ones on deck 5 :)

These extended balconies are all aft. There are some on deck 10 down to about deck 5. We love them, though some people complain about soot and shaking because they are aft. For deck 10 some complain about noise from cabanas above. But we stay on deck 10 ones and aren’t that fussed by it. We prefer the extended balcony as you get a lounger rather than chair to sit on.

Last edited:
On the Dream class ships the only extended balcony along the side of the ship are on deck 5. Remember the corner rooms on deck 5 all have extra space. If you are looking for a larger than normal veranda on decks 6-10 you will have to select an aft cabin. There are slightly larger verandas on the concierge rooms at the bump-out on deck 11 and 12. They are cabins that end in xxx06, xxx08, xxx10 and xxx12. The three suites across the front of the ship on deck 12 have the largest verandas. 12000 is a one bedroom suite with a big veranda and the royal suites verandas are enormous.

We love having and spending time on the veranda. We have had an aft balcony and extended on deck 5 as well as another x-large balcony. If you compare balconies, and take out the concierge option, then I think the aft balcony rooms are better. Just my opinion.

We had an extended veranda on the Dream on deck 10, dead center, room 10166. I said dream because I don't know what the room number it is on the Fantasy. The room is just below Cabanas and while we didn't experience too much noise it is true there is soot falling but it is also a low point so if it rains the water pools in the center. The wall could have used a squeegee.

Category 5E on both fantasy and Dream have the extended verandas. They are aft and can be a love/hate location. Yes, soot, vibrations and cabana noise if on deck 10. These are the issues you need to be aware of when booking 5E. There are also extended verandas on deck 5. Those are the 4E cabins. They are delux family rooms, so the room is slightly larger and can sleep up to 5 I believe. The 5E sleeps 3 or4.

We have stayed in 5652 on the Dream (side room extended balcony) and 9674 on the dream (aft extended balcony). We love the balconies!

I wouldn't book the aft one again simply because we felt way more of the ship's motion and my son got seasick (he wasn't seasick in other rooms we've had in the non-aft areas). We didn't have noise from above in Cabanas unless we were out on the balcony and could hear the music from there. We had soot on our balcony only once that I can remember. It wasn't a big deal, our stateroom host wiped it down everyday. The views from the aft balcony is amazing. I loved sitting out and watching the wake of the ship. And when you back into port, you get fantastic views.

5652 on the Dream was wonderful too. My only complaint being that everyone from above looked down on you. I felt pretty exposed sitting near the glass as everyone could see down into our balcony. The overhang from the aft extended was further out so you had more room to sit out without someone seeing down into your balcony. One night we found french fries someone had tossed overboard trying to feed the seagulls. :sad2: The location of our 5th deck room was great for access to the kid clubs.

There are also extended verandas on deck 5. Those are the 4E cabins. They are delux family rooms, so the room is slightly larger and can sleep up to 5 I believe. The 5E sleeps 3 or4.

We are a family of 5 so happen to know that the 4E cabins do NOT sleep 5. The extra space where the murphy bed would normally go in a 4A-4D cabin instead goes toward the extended veranda, so they sleep only 3-4 people (it varies depending on whether they have the pull down bunk bed).

We are a family of 5 so happen to know that the 4E cabins do NOT sleep 5. The extra space where the murphy bed would normally go in a 4A-4D cabin instead goes toward the extended veranda, so they sleep only 3-4 people (it varies depending on whether they have the pull down bunk bed).

thanks. I always thought all the family delux cabins slept 5. Good to know, though I would never want to do 5 in a cabin. We try to do connecting rooms for extra space or the 8A double porthole rooms.

When sailing the Fantasy/Dream and not in concierge, we always book a Cat 4E extended balcony. We prefer Deck 5 forward, Starboard. The cabin is smaller (no murphy bed, no round tub and most only sleep 3) but the veranda is HUGE. 2 chairs, 2 mini-loungers and a table. We spend a lot of time on our veranda, so this is perfect for us. The aft extended balcony cabins do offer more privacy, but I'm prone to motion sickness and cannot be in an aft cabin, forward is much better for me in terms of motion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter