Extended Evening Hours vs Moonlight Magic

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
We are DVC but are staying offsite this July. We were planning on spending one night on property so that we can do the Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom. I noticed that the following night there are extended evening hours at Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if it was worth it to switch our on property night to the following night and do the evening hours at MK.

Fwiw, we are two adults and two young kids. The kids will fall asleep in the stroller so we will have to child swap. If we go to moonlight magic we would stay at Boardwalk and we would walk over to Hollywood studios the next morning. If we go extended evening hours we would stay at Grand Floridian, and have an off day the next day.

I’m not sure if this helps but you are eligible for benefits on both checkin and checkout days for deluxe guests. It sounds like you could do both if you chose to, at least the way I’m reading your post.

I’m not sure if this helps but you are eligible for benefits on both checkin and checkout days for deluxe guests. It sounds like you could do both if you chose to, at least the way I’m reading your post.
Is that so? When I called member services, they said your not eligible on checkout day

Is that so? When I called member services, they said your not eligible on checkout day
They might have been referring to registering for MM, which is controlled by DVC. There are usually two dates when DVC members can try to register for MM at a given park. If you’re staying offsite the night of MM, you won’t be eligible for the initial early booking AK MM registration date but could try to register on the second opportunity, when your chances of being shut out are higher.

For Deluxe Extra Evening Hours, you’re eligible to attend on checkin and checkout day.

So, I would book my onsite stay for the MM night, because your chances of being able to register for that MM at AK are much better if you’re eligible for the early booking date. And you’d still be eligible to attend MK DEEH the following night.

They’re both really good events. We did extended evening hours at MK, Epcot and Moonlight Magic at DHS this past trip. If you can do both, I’d do both.

You are definitely 100% eligible for DEEH on checkout day. I can't speak to MM, but it sounds like PP was just able to confirm eligibility for that on checkout day too. I think you may have been given bad info by that CM.

If MM is on your check out day, you are eligible. We just did that last week.
Were you able to register for that MM on the early registration date for members with onsite resort reservations? That's what I was uncertain about, whether MM on checkout day would allow early registration or if OP would have to wait for the 2nd registration day (when MM fills up quickly).

Were you able to register for that MM on the early registration date for members with onsite resort reservations? That's what I was uncertain about, whether MM on checkout day would allow early registration or if OP would have to wait for the 2nd registration day (when MM fills up quickly).
Early registration.

Thanks! Storing that information in my data bank for future responses to posts with similar questions!
Yep! That’s what I did for the HS MM in May. 😄 We were (originally) checking out that day. I waited to see if I could snag tickets before changing everything around. I was even sent the email for early registration (which I know is hit or miss)… Anyway, I got us registered for the MM, started stalking room availability- snagged a studio @ SSR, made a waitlist for the Poly- and then moved our flights since I knew we had a place to stay. Our waitlist eventually came through for the Poly, so we never had to move rooms! Yay!!!

Sorry to hijack - we can use evening deluxe hours on day of checkout but does that end at midnight? (Just thinking of MK sometimes which is 11pm - 1am.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter