Extended evening hours for DVC & Deluxe Guests only starting Oct

This is not a a DVC perk. Anyone staying at a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa qualifies. Cash or Points, it does not matter.
It's not a DVC perk, and yet it also is.

When you're trying to sell someone on DVC, this is another differentiator for the family that might otherwise stay in a moderate resort normally. It's easier to sell DVC right now to someone who already wants the deluxe resorts. The price comparison is trickier with the lower level resorts.

Now you have a real reason to maybe pay up a little bit more. There really wasn't one in the past. Not unless you were someone who traveled more than once a year already and could benefit from the AP's.

At what they're charging for Deluxe rooms (and apparently getting it), I understand this perk, but I don't have to like it. I wouldn't mind paying extra for this perk as a value resort customer this time around.

This is not a a DVC perk. Anyone staying at a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa qualifies. Cash or Points, it does not matter.
It is still a great marketing promotion. Get people to spend ton for a cash stay or get them to buy into DVC.

It is still a great marketing promotion. Get people to spend ton for a cash stay or get them to buy into DVC.

Very true. But I have read things elsewhere that some DVC owners think it’s because we are DVC and not because the DVC villas are deluxe resorts,

I wouldn't mind paying extra for this perk as a value resort customer this time around.
You can, there will be a lot of after hours parties in the future.
WDW is evolving to a model in which one can pay a lot (entrance ticket) and suffer in long lines or pay even more (Premier Access, Deluxe resorts, ticketed events) and skip some of the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter