Extended balcony

On the Dream Class, it's the ones on the aft of the ship and those on Deck 5 other than 7A.

On the Dream and Fantasy they are categories 5E and 4E.
The 5E’s are on the back of the boat and the 4E’s are on the side, deck 5.
Never stayed in a 4E, but we love the 5E and will always take those if one is available.
On the Magic and Wonder, I believe in order to get a larger balcony you would need an accessible room or concierge room.

Stupid question alert:

We're staying in a 4E, deck 5, Fantasy, in a couple weeks. What's the difference between 4E and 5E? Location? Room and verandah are the same, right?

We are in 8684 on the Dream in June. Do all of the 5 E rooms have full size loungers? Or can you ask for them?

Stupid question alert:

We're staying in a 4E, deck 5, Fantasy, in a couple weeks. What's the difference between 4E and 5E? Location? Room and verandah are the same, right?
4E is a standard size room, but verandah is extended to the full width of the ship - most of 4Es are identical to each other. 5E, because of the curvature of the ship, take different forms and sizes, and so do their verandahs, so there is a lot of variance in that category.

there are some concierge rooms that have extended verandas as well.

We are in 8684 on the Dream in June. Do all of the 5 E rooms have full size loungers? Or can you ask for them?
We were just in 8684 last weekend! It has the half loungers, not the full. I think its a little small for full loungers, so I'm not sure if they'll provide them if requested.

We were in 9674 in 2017, which is the room directly above. It had full size loungers. I think that veranda is a little deeper than 8684, so there was enough room. Good luck.

Last edited:
It has the half loungers, not the full. I think its a little small for full loungers, so I'm not sure if they'll provide them if requested.

I have never heard of half-loungers, and I am a little bummed as I have only seen full loungers in all of the videos of extended aft balconies. I wonder if I could get them if I asked. It seems just as deep as the other ones on youtube. Other than than that though, how was the room?

Stupid question alert:

Kind of. Location. 4e are along the sides of the ship. They have a very limited over hang. The overhang is the same as other standard verandahs. But there is an open section as well. Some of them are larger than others, but they usually have the loungers in addition to chairs and table. The 5e are all aft decks 6-10. You'll see that they generally are all deeper than the other standard verandahs, in terms of the over hangs. The open portion is much more minimal. The corner rooms are the only ones that typically have the full size loungers and actually have a smaller over hang, and a much more open area.

I have never heard of half-loungers, and I am a little bummed as I have only seen full loungers in all of the videos of extended aft balconies. I wonder if I could get them if I asked. It seems just as deep as the other ones on youtube. Other than than that though, how was the room?

You can ask, but they don't guarantee. We have had full size loungers in the corner rooms, but the half loungers in the others. The half loungers are low like the lounger and the back is adjustable. (The normal chairs are like dining room chairs, striaght back). But the half loungers are about half the length, so you can't fully lay on them. We find them nice enough and have enjoyed them. In 8188 we had 2 regular chairs and 2 loungers. Not all 5e verandahs are the same size, so they are limited on what is offered.

Last edited:
Do all Concierge Rooms have extended verandah? We are traveling on Magic in Room 8532 and was hoping for an extended verandah. Thanks!

Do all Concierge Rooms have extended verandah? We are traveling on Magic in Room 8532 and was hoping for an extended verandah. Thanks!
The concierge rooms have wider verandas in some rooms but not deeper as I recall.

Be careful: We were on the Wonder in Sept (2018) room 8038 deluxe family veranda. Wonder went into mini dry dock right after the cruise and 8038 emerged as concierge. I'm sure nothing physical changed but some furniture and the classification. There were, I believe, 8 such del family veranda that changed names on Deck 8, all around the "real" concierge rooms and the Disney suites.

8532 verandah is the same depth as standard verandahs, but it is three times as long - it runs the entire width of the suite, which is as wide as three normal staterooms below it (7544, 7546 and 7548).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter