• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extended balcony AFT—smoke problems?

Mango7100

DIS Veteran
We booked a 4E on the Dream in March with the Disney Plus deal. We are deck 6 and completely aft (right by the flag). I have read some old reports of some people having terrible exhaust and soot issues on the balcony with the aft rooms. Anyone have any recent experiences? The huge balcony looks awesome but not with soot and exhaust fumes! Thanks!

We stayed on the Dream, Deck 6, 4E directly next to the flag in May 2022. It was a horrible room for us. The drainage on the veranda is very poor and several inches of standing water was always present on the veranda, making the veranda unusable. The drains were pitched away from the water. The stateroom next to ours was even worse. The stateroom host had a monumental job squeegeeing the water off the veranda every day. We also had very strong vibrations from the engine with the room often shaking. We are usually happy with our staterooms (we are platinum cruisers and have sailed on all five ships), but this is the one room we said we should try to avoid in the future.

We stayed in 6690 several years ago and had no issues. It was an awesome cruise. The last night coming back we hit really rough seas and that kept us up, but it wasn’t just us. There were people up from the entire ship. The only thing I can think that kinda sucks is the walk from the elevator. It feels like the walk is so long especially when someone forgets something and has to run back.

We were in room 6192 on the Fantasy - so deck 6 and the flag was on our balcony. No problem at all - we loved it! Dead centre and beautiful views. We alway try to get the aft rooms due to the oversized verandah. The walk to the aft of the ship was no biggie and my DH and I are 60 and 70 years old. In fact we usually choose locations on the ships and at resorts that involve a lot of walking since we are both very active. Anyway, no fumes, no soot - it was perfect! Enjoy!

I‘ve been in room 7190 on both the Dream and Fantasy and had zero issues either time. The only thing we noticed was vibration in the morning when pulling into port. That didn’t bother us, though, it was sort of an alarm clock for us. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter