Extend a trip (December)

Choirmom

Mouseketeer
Hi. I have a trip planned to take my mom to Disneyland November 27 through December 1. I normally avoid DL on Saturdays, but just noticed that the lower level APs are blocked that day. Would you extend (or shift) the trip to take advantage of Saturday? Would it be worth it?

While they haven't yet announced the schedule yet, there is a chance that Candelight Processional will be on that Saturday (12/1/18) (and Sunday) this year. It's often been the first weekend in December. So if that's something that might interest you, it's something to consider. CP does, usually, mean large crowds on Main Street (and parking impacts), but does not necessarily mean longer attraction wait times. They won't officially announce CP (or the narrator(s)), so you'll need to keep an eye on the rumors/leaks/etc. that start to come out in the later half of the year.

Otherwise, I've found that Saturdays lately do seem to be pretty manageable (at least compared to Sundays). It might also give you two nights to choose from for F! (F! may still be on a weekends-only schedule at that point, Fri-Sun). Personally, with all of the things to see and do during the holiday season, I would almost always take an extra day at DLR if it's available.

Thank you. I think I may extend just for the extra entertainment opportunities. I hadn't even thought about the Candlelight Processional. If it happens to be that weekend, that would be an additional bonus!

For those of us who love CP, the wait time is worth it. CP is a bonus we plan for a year in advance! (I've already told Drew-the-Dapper-Dan that we're waiting to hear him sing "Silent Night"!)

If CP happens during my visit, I think I will take advantage. This trip is for my mom, and this is something I think she would really enjoy even if it takes time. But it will be up to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter