Express Pass Questions

CyndieGrams

Earning My Ears
I'm helping my daughter plan her first trip to Universal Orlando for June 26-30th. It's an adults only trip for her and her husband. She has already purchased the room/park ticket package for Sapphire Falls through Costco Travel. She wants to purchase Express Unlimited passes for two of the days. She did look at the cost for Royal Pacific (which would include the Express passes) but didn't feel it was worth the extra cost.
  • Is it better to purchase the Express passes directly from Universal's website or Undercover Tourist? The price is cheaper on Undercover Tourist, but we have never used them.
  • Are the Express Passes always an "e-ticket" or does it differ based on where you purchase them?
  • Are you able to load the Express Pass to an app on your phone? If not, how do you use them each time?
Any other tips/etc regarding the Express Passes is most appreciated :-)

I’ve never gotten EPs from them but I’ve bought tickets multiple times and they are great.

I would stay at RP and get the EPs included because the cost of EP in the summer is going to be HIGH! You get 2 days of EP's for one hotel night, where if you buy the EP's separate, you have to buy them daily. Just my thoughts. We won't go to USO without staying at a premier now.

Thanks everyone! They are going to book 1-night at Royal Pacific to get the Express Passes for 2 days -- the price worked out to be almost the same as purchasing two days of Unlimited Express Passes separately. The benefit is that they can cancel the room up to 5 days prior and receive a full refund. If they just purchase the EPs they are non-refundable.

If you are staying at a hotel that includes Express Pass, the Express Pass is the same as your room key. You show the Express Pass/Room Key in line, they scan it, and then direct you to the Express Pass line. This is why lanyards are so wonderful at Universal Orlando.

If you are staying at a hotel that includes Express Pass, the Express Pass is the same as your room key. You show the Express Pass/Room Key in line, they scan it, and then direct you to the Express Pass line. This is why lanyards are so wonderful at Universal Orlando.

Do you need to bring your own lanyards or are they provided? Im guessing you have to bring them..

Do you need to bring your own lanyards or are they provided? Im guessing you have to bring them..

You do have to provide your own lanyard with a card holder. You can buy them online or wait until you are in the parks and get a themed Universal Studios one without having to pay for shipping.

So does that mean you need to check in to the resort before going to the Park? I have been thinking of doing a one night stay to get the Express Pass, but would also like to early access on both days. Is that feasible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter