• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Express Pass Needed to hit all major attractions at both parks on a Monday?

ozone81

Earning My Ears
On past trips to Universal I haven't been able to ride the HP rides and the rollercoasters because of my weight. Now after losing 100+ pounds this time will not be an issue. I am taking my nieces to Universal on Monday, December 14th and am going to buy the 2 parks one day passes and am trying to decide if I need the express pass. I checked a couple of times this Monday and the waits didn't look to bad. Do you think I can get everything accomplished without it? It it more expensive to buy it at the park or if I do plan on getting it, its best to get it ahead of time? Since I haven't been on the rides before am I missing out on a lot if I don't use the regular queue's if I get the express pass? Thanks for your help!

No difference in price if you buy it online in advance or wait until you are in the park.

Many will buy in advance to avoid line waits in the park for it.

Every time we've gone, we've had EP and stayed onsite.
However, the only long waits were at Minions and Shrek, especially Minions. HP had lines, but EP was not available at that time. I don't know about now. All the other rides/attractions had no waits,but this was in March.

I think you can hit the major attractions w/o express, assuming you aren't counting things like Minions & Shrek. You may also consider skipping the roller coasters if you find you are running behind "schedule" since they are really just roller coasters and you can do roller coasters anywhere. Hogwarts Express also builds longer waits some days.

Are you planning on the soaking wet water rides? (Popeyes raft ride & Dudley flume)

I think you could reasonably plan on an average of 30min queue-to-exit on rides. Add lunch, add walking between rides, etc.

Every time we've gone, we've had EP and stayed onsite.
However, the only long waits were at Minions and Shrek, especially Minions. HP had lines, but EP was not available at that time. I don't know about now. All the other rides/attractions had no waits,but this was in March.

Our longest wait was for Shrek. It took longer to do Shrek then Hagrid's. Minions rider organization was more involved then other rides.

On past trips to Universal I haven't been able to ride the HP rides and the rollercoasters because of my weight. Now after losing 100+ pounds this time will not be an issue. I am taking my nieces to Universal on Monday, December 14th and am going to buy the 2 parks one day passes and am trying to decide if I need the express pass. I checked a couple of times this Monday and the waits didn't look to bad. Do you think I can get everything accomplished without it? It it more expensive to buy it at the park or if I do plan on getting it, its best to get it ahead of time? Since I haven't been on the rides before am I missing out on a lot if I don't use the regular queue's if I get the express pass? Thanks for your help!
I am here now. Tuesday was quiet but cold. Many rides weren’t operating until late morning or mid-day - Hagrids, Kong, river adventure, Hulk and Dr Doom. Then today everything was online but Hagrids, Transformers and Gringotts all broke down for several minutes while I was riding. Also, the park hours are pretty short, so doing everything even with express is difficult.
You won’t miss anything in the queues with express because most of the queues are shortened, rerouted, and don’t have preshows. I am having fun but not doing as much in a day as I usually do. Just get your expectations in line with our COVID world.

We go next Sunday- Tuesday staying onsite with EPs and also tix to the meetup. What time should we arrive at IOA for early entry at 9am? Sorry to ask here - but the Monday/Tuesday comments/questions got me thinking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter