Expo Strategies

mr incredibleS1

Mouseketeer
I know he expo will be busy, and I need to get there on Wednesday to pick up my Dopey and my families 5k bibs and swag. I was thinking that right when it opens may be very busy and thought that there may be a lull in the early afternoon. Does this sound like a good plan?

Yes, I'd highly suggest waiting until later in the day if you don't care about the merchandise. I went to the Wine & Dine expo at 2:45 on the first day and it was SO much more relaxed compared to when I used to arrive right at opening. That's what I'll be doing from now on.

For Dopey this year I got to the expo at like 6ish and it was not crowded at all. My parents did darkside at about 2:30 and again they had no crazy crowds. And for wine & dine I went at 5:30 and it was lovely. If merchandise is not a priority then going later is better so your plan should be good.

Yes afternoon is good, and if you're staying on-site, using the bus to/from the resort makes it less of a hassle.

For Dark Side and Wine & Dine, I drove over to WWOS after work at 3-4 in the afternoon on their respective Thursdays and had zero crowds either time. I did miss out on the merchandise I wanted for Dark Side (5k pin & magnet), but I heard it was a big mess anyway, and Disney gets enough of my money as it is. :)

I am doing the Princess 5k and was wondering how much time I should allow at the expo, I am not interested in the Merch, other than maybe NB Sneakers but that is probably a pipe dream anyway. I am thinking to go in the afternoon of the 23rd, thoughts?

I am doing the Princess 5k and was wondering how much time I should allow at the expo, I am not interested in the Merch, other than maybe NB Sneakers but that is probably a pipe dream anyway. I am thinking to go in the afternoon of the 23rd, thoughts?

I did the Princess 5K last year - first rD race of any kind and I did ZERO research and had NO idea that I even needed an "expo strategy". I lucked out and drove over about 2:30 in the afternoon on the first day to pick up my bib. Aside from having to park VERY far away, it went very smoothly. I walked right up to bib pick-up, right up to t-shirt pick-up and wandered through the expo for a little bit. Didn't even visit the Disney merch area - not sure I even knew it was there! The NB shoe area was busy but not crazy, though we didn't stop and shop. (If you want to do shoes, there's a virtual queue you can get in that's supposed to be the best option.) We were in and out in less than an hour. Easy peasy.

Are there buses from the parks? I arrive on Friday evening and will go to the Studios on Saturday, what's the best way to go to the expo to get my bib from the Studios mid day? Maybe walk to the boardwalk and take a bus from there if there is no direct bus from the park? How much would it be a Uber?

Are there buses from the parks? I arrive on Friday evening and will go to the Studios on Saturday, what's the best way to go to the expo to get my bib from the Studios mid day? Maybe walk to the boardwalk and take a bus from there if there is no direct bus from the park? How much would it be a Uber?
No buses from the parks, but they leave from all of the resorts. From the Studios I'd say walk to one of the Epcot resorts and grab a bus from there - they leave from Swan & Dolphin, so those are the closest to where you will be. But those resorts will share a bus to the expo, so be ready for that.

I took Uber to the expo for Wine and Dine from the Boardwalk and it was around $6. Since the studios are close to that I would estimate something similar.

How close to the expo end time to the busses from the resorts run? We land at MCO at 11 am and the expo ends @ 3...I'm nervous about cutting it close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter