Expo for Dopey Challenge - Is there a plan B?

AggieDizzer

Mouseketeer
My flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO on Wednesday at 4:30 (which unfortunately is logistically the best I can do, because, life...). That should allow for plenty of time to get to the expo to pick up my race packet and bibs - I am running the Dopey Challenge so I need to be ready to go for the 5k on Thursday morning. My question is, if by some crazy happenstance a flight delay happens, is there any "backup plan" allowing for a 5k packet pickup race morning? Will runDisney work with someone in such a predicament? Pixie dust and stuff?

I am hopeful this will come off without a hitch but I would like to know if I have any hope of a plan B just to help me sleep better! Any insights from past participants would be helpful, as this is my first experience with runDisney. Many thanks!

They do offer bib pickup at race relations for emergencies but not sure how it works with dopey because they take your picture with your bibs. You still have to go to the expo for shirts. They can discontinue this option at any time.

As @rteetz said, there is often emergency bib pickup service on race morning. This service is unadvertised and is not guaranteed to be available. An increasing number of people are using the service for non-emergencies for personal convenience as opposed to real, actual emergencies, and it would not surprise me if the service eventually goes away.

Perfect, thanks. Like I said, if my flight is even reasonably close to being on time then it won't be a problem but I'd like to know if there is any hope. I'd hate to lose my Dopey Challenge opportunity thanks to a late flight if I'll end up being there in time to make the start of the 5k. I completely understand that they don't advertise it because of people abusing the service...thanks people (this is why we can't have nice things)...I'll be sure to have all kinds of supporting documentation should things go awry. But hopefully it won't come to that! :thanks:

As @rteetz said, there is often emergency bib pickup service on race morning. This service is unadvertised and is not guaranteed to be available. An increasing number of people are using the service for non-emergencies for personal convenience as opposed to real, actual emergencies, and it would not surprise me if the service eventually goes away.

i wouldn’t be shocked if they made race day big pickup a paid option and people with emergencies would just have to pay the fee.

no inside info but I know races that do that.

Perfect, thanks. Like I said, if my flight is even reasonably close to being on time then it won't be a problem but I'd like to know if there is any hope. I'd hate to lose my Dopey Challenge opportunity thanks to a late flight if I'll end up being there in time to make the start of the 5k. I completely understand that they don't advertise it because of people abusing the service...thanks people (this is why we can't have nice things)...I'll be sure to have all kinds of supporting documentation should things go awry. But hopefully it won't come to that! :thanks:

Be aware, the last few years the line at the Guest/Runner Relations tent on 5k morning was REALLY long. I remember only because I commented on it to my wife and kids. So if you do end up in this situation, get there as early as you can on race morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter