• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explosions and shootings in Paris

SKY NEWS says Reuters reporting 2 attackers killed, Police operation at Bataclan concert venue over, no reports yet of how many hostages freed / killed

Other police operations in various locations ongoing

Can someone that knows for sure what all takes place during the National State of Emergency there? I am hearing borders closed and other things

Can someone that knows for sure what all takes place during the National State of Emergency there? I am hearing borders closed and other things

Police are telling people to stay off the streets of Paris, I am watching SKY NEWS live footage and there are military on the streets. Airports will remain open and trains will continue, but to expect delays as there will be more passport checks. Borders being closed means there will be passport checks on roads, which before now had no border checks

I'm sorry, I've never been to Europe. How far is Disneyland Paris from Paris? The park would have been closed for the day by the time this started, right? It seems to me that would also be a good target for these... crazy people.

Heard around 100 dead at Paris' Bataclan from CNN as well. It was just in the 40s and then skyrocketed, wow...

Not to mention those who were killed elsewhere

I'm sorry, I've never been to Europe. How far is Disneyland Paris from Paris? The park would have been closed for the day by the time this started, right? It seems to me that would also be a good target for these... crazy people.

Disneyland Paris is approx 32 km / 20 miles from Paris. It is now 1.20am in Paris, the main park was just closing when the attacks started about 2 hours ago, Disney Village would be still open

Disneyland Paris is approx 32 km / 20 miles from Paris. It is now 1.20am in Paris, the main park was just closing when the attacks started about 2 hours ago, Disney Village would be still open

Thank you. I assume Disney Village is like DTD. I wonder if Disney has it on lock down.

Hi from France

Sad evening here

7 separate terrorist attacks ncluding kamikaze bombers

Latest count is around 150 dead (112 at bataclan)

State of emergency is declared.
What is state of emergency ? Basically it's a legal state which enable local authorities to instate curfews and lock off zones and restrict people's whereabouts
Schools are closed tomorrow in the greater paris area
''White plan'' has been triggered (full alert for all emergency personnel, every EMT are now on duty and the 28 hospitals in paris are on full alert)

Border control has been put in place today, but unrelated to tonight's events. Border control is related to the cop21 conference due next month, but tonights events have called for a higher level

1500 troops are dispatched

Keep in mind that the early stages of a situation like this are always very chaotic and most of the early information proves to be incorrect. There are obviously many people killed and injured, but it will be many hours before we know the full scope of the attack(s).

I'm glad to see that the French promptly assaulted the concert hall when the terrorists started executing hostages. There really isn't any alternative, but they were apparently well-prepared for that eventuality. Anyone who got out of there owes their lives to those brave police officers.

Heard around 100 dead at Paris' Bataclan from CNN as well. It was just in the 40s and then skyrocketed, wow...

Not to mention those who were killed elsewhere
The death toll is up to 140 now. 100 killed inside the concert venue and 40 at the other locations. A very sad day.

Hi from France

Sad evening here

7 separate terrorist attacks ncluding kamikaze bombers

Latest count is around 150 dead

State of emergency is declared.
What is state of emergency ? Basically it's a legal state which enable local authorities to instate curfews and lock off zones and restrict people's whereabouts
Schools are closed tomorrow in the greater paris area
''White plan'' has been triggered (full alert for all emergency personnel, every EMT are now on duty and the 28 hospitals in paris are on full alert)

Border control has been put in place today, but unrelated to tonight's events. Border control is related to the cop21 conference due next month
So glad to hear you are safe. My wife and I are sorry this has happened to you and your fellow countryman and women.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter