• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explosion in Nashville!

I hope your right, but I just can’t get past the complexity of him knocking out the communications of several counties, including the 911 network for those counties. All while trying to limit human casualties, and therefore drawing less attention to the attack.
Something just doesn’t add up, but like you said,“Suicide...... is I’ll-logical”

That, and sitting in the truck parked since 1:22am...for it to go off at 6:30am...

I'd actually totally accept the illogical if we saw any type of note or manifesto, b/c this was a LOT of work and prep just to take his own life and make a point no one understands...normally, those who do that want to have acres of notes for us to see the insanity after the fact, not nothing...

Now, then again, I also know that insanity means someone can think we'll just find it all obvious...but...

I mean, if it is as it is, it would be peak 2020...coming up with the most insane and destructive way to kill oneself, but somehow avoid killing others...

I hope your right, but I just can’t get past the complexity of him knocking out the communications of several counties, including the 911 network for those counties. All while trying to limit human casualties, and therefore drawing less attention to the attack.
Something just doesn’t add up, but like you said,“Suicide...... is I’ll-logical”
Agree. We don't know what the motive was. I first thought he was trying to ambush police officers, but he apparently was not. I also considered that he might be a disgruntled former ATT employee...or bar employee...or tattoo salon employee. But that doesn't appear to be the case either.

He might have had some wacko conspiracy thoughts lurking in the recesses of his mind. Maybe a shocking "manifesto" will surface later that explains that. Maybe ATT turned his cell off because he didn't pay the bill. Who knows?

But I suspect his main goal was simply to kill himself.

That, and sitting in the truck parked since 1:22am...for it to go off at 6:30am...
That's not as unusual as you might think.

I'd actually totally accept the illogical if we saw any type of note or manifesto, b/c this was a LOT of work and prep just to take his own life and make a point no one understands...normally, those who do that want to have acres of notes for us to see the insanity after the fact, not nothing...
But of course, we only know a tiny piece of what law enforcement knows. There is obviously a LOT more we don't know

Agree. We don't know what the motive was. I first thought he was trying to ambush police officers, but he apparently was not. I also considered that he might be a disgruntled former ATT employee...or bar employee...or tattoo salon employee. But that doesn't appear to be the case either.

He might have had some wacko conspiracy thoughts lurking in the recesses of his mind. Maybe a shocking "manifesto" will surface later that explains that. Maybe ATT turned his cell off because he didn't pay the bill. Who knows?

But I suspect his main goal was simply to kill himself.
That’s the thing, no clear motive.
I don’t know if I would trust a “manifesto” that will just show up, at this point I would suspect that it was planted. I don’t think this was the main event, seems more like a test run or a distraction.
Maybe he volunteered, maybe he didn’t but I doubt he acted alone.

That's not as unusual as you might think.

But of course, we only know a tiny piece of what law enforcement knows. There is obviously a LOT more we don't know

But, if he's dead and solo, we should know all of it, b/c there's no future court case or investigation they need to protect...instead, they can calm the public with that info...

I’m wondering if the second round of shots was the suicide shot? Or did he really sit in there and wait to be blown up?

But, if he's dead and solo, we should know all of it, b/c there's no future court case or investigation they need to protect...instead, they can calm the public with that info...
They're never going to release "all of it," because of concerns with family privacy, etc. They may release the motive(s), if they are able to determine them, in order to reassure the public.

There could well be multiple motives. For example, he could have decided to kill himself due to depression, mental illness, or any number of other reasons. But then, once he made that decision, he might have chosen the manner and location of his death due to some intense personal agenda like being fired by an employer, political thoughts, etc.

He appears to have been planning the blast for some time. You don't just assemble that volume of explosives overnight, and he also quitclaimed his house to the woman in CA exactly one month to the day before his Christmas suicide.

Metro released body cam footage of that morning

Thank you for sharing, although it is heartbreaking to watch.

No city deserves such destruction, and it is especially egregious to happen to beautiful, friendly, welcoming and altogether lovely Nashville.

Thank you for sharing, although it is heartbreaking to watch.

No city deserves such destruction, and it is especially egregious to happen to beautiful, friendly, welcoming and altogether lovely Nashville.

This has been an extremely hard year for Nashville starting with the tornadoes and now ending the year with this, but if there's one thing I know about Nashville...we'll rise up.

I read somewhere that his father worked for AT&T and died of dementia. As a computer geek, he blamed the 5G for his father's death.

I read somewhere that his father worked for AT&T and died of dementia. As a computer geek, he blamed the 5G for his father's death.

5G is pretty new. Maybe it's more exposure to other emissions like microwaves or other forms of radiation.

Last edited:
I was just reading that article. It's unfortunate that there were warnings and this could have been prevented.

It also may explain why they were able to pinpoint a suspect so early in the investigation. If someone tells you person A is building a bomb in an RV and and an RV with a bomb later blows up you know where to start looking.
Unfortunately, there really probably wasn't much anyone could have done. Legally, they can't just break into the mans home/fenced backyard etc. I agree it's very frustrating, but it's very common in lots of aspects in life, especially dealing with mental health.

I was just reading that article. It's unfortunate that there were warnings and this could have been prevented.

It also may explain why they were able to pinpoint a suspect so early in the investigation. If someone tells you person A is building a bomb in an RV and and an RV with a bomb later blows up you know where to start looking.
I just get the NYT paywall with that link. Here's an AP story:

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-nashville-police-21f4f5b6b75216fcfe06c10e82606ae6

Unfortunately, there really probably wasn't much anyone could have done. Legally, they can't just break into the mans home/fenced backyard etc. I agree it's very frustrating, but it's very common in lots of aspects in life, especially dealing with mental health.
They could have gotten a search warrant, although who knows if he would have just cleared everything out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter