*Explorewithethan2021 3rd birthday trip - 2 weeks to go*

beckyboo1986

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I absolutely love reading peoples trip reports so I thought I'd share my own. We are 2 weeks out until our trip and we are super excited.

Who's going

Mummy (AKA Becky, me) - I've visited DW twice and DLP three times.
Daddy (AKA Peter) - never visited DW but has visited DLP once.
Ethan (the birthday boy) - visited DLP once and newbie to DW.

Staying at

We've decided to stay at Coco Key Water Resort. The reviews are a mixed bag so we're going with an open mind. We love the fact there's a water park onsite and the location.

Transport

We've hired a car and I'll be the one driving. Hubby had an accident last year and isn't allowed to drive (however totally fit to ride!). Any tips you have for a UK driving on US roads will be welcomed. I'll also be bringing our own reward-facing car seat.

Itinerary

Day 1
- arrive early evening. Straight to the hotel to sleep and hopefully beat jet lag (I can live in hope!).
Day 2 - spend some time at the water park then head to get some groceries and possibly lunch at the big McDonalds. A total novelty for my husband who loves McD's. Dinner at Disney Springs (no reservation so hoping for a walk in).
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom. Wanting to ease into the parks so no rope drop plans. Dinner at Jungle Canteen.
Day 4 - Blizzard beach water park. Head to Universal Walk for dinner (walk in).
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios. Dinner at 50s Prime Time Diner.
Day 6 - Rest day. Fun at the hotel water park and go shopping.
Day 7 - Ethan's birthday! Breakfast at Crystal Palace and spend the day at Magic Kingdom.
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom.
Day 9 - Epcot. Dinner at Garden Grill.
Day 10 - Kennedy Space Centre.
Day 11 - Possibly Magic Kingdom if we haven't done all the rides or a different park. Our flight home doesn't leave until 20:50.

Food

We have the following reservations booked.
- Breakfast at Crystal Palace (Ethan's birthday).
- Dinner at 50s Prime Diner (so we have the VIP show seats).
- Dinner at Jungle Canteen.
- Dinner at Garden Grill.

We plan to buy breakfast to eat in the room but possibly a couple of breakfasts out too. Thinking IHop and hotel buffet (on our first morning for ease). Lunch will be bits from Walmart and some quick eats. Any suggestions welcomed. I've seen lots of videos on cheeseburger spring rolls :P And other dinners possible some chain restaurants such as Chili. But anywhere else you recommend is greatly appreciated.

We will also be stocking up on snacks.

Recommendations please

This is where I'm hoping you lovely lot will be able to assist me please.

1. Any other restaurants you recommend please?
2. Are there any chains that offer birthday offers/freebies please? I understand Sprinkles offers a cupcakes.
3. Best shopping mall. We'd like to get some clothes to bring home. No major designers just regular high street.

I'm not sure if it's best to share trip reports on this thread or set up another? I will also be sharing lots of social media (Instagram and Tiktok) so feel free to give us a follow (Explorewithethan2021) to follow along. Ethan has visited 31 countries so far and we love sharing our adventures.

Very best pixie dust to you and your family- you have quite the full trip planned... As far as offsite restaurants go, I have always enjoyed Giordano's near WDW. Chicago style deep dish pizza. Also, Portillos', again a Chicago based chain specializing in Italian beef sandwiches and Chicago style Hot Dogs. It's been a couple years since we have been at many other off site restaurants so I am hesitant to recommend others at this point.
Most restaurants on Disney property will at least bring a cup cake or ice cream with sprinkles if there's a birthday person in the group. Enjoy your trip! Love to hear about your adventures :-)

Hi all

I absolutely love reading peoples trip reports so I thought I'd share my own. We are 2 weeks out until our trip and we are super excited.

Who's going

Mummy (AKA Becky, me) - I've visited DW twice and DLP three times.
Daddy (AKA Peter) - never visited DW but has visited DLP once.
Ethan (the birthday boy) - visited DLP once and newbie to DW.

Staying at

We've decided to stay at Coco Key Water Resort. The reviews are a mixed bag so we're going with an open mind. We love the fact there's a water park onsite and the location.

Transport

We've hired a car and I'll be the one driving. Hubby had an accident last year and isn't allowed to drive (however totally fit to ride!). Any tips you have for a UK driving on US roads will be welcomed. I'll also be bringing our own reward-facing car seat.

Itinerary

Day 1
- arrive early evening. Straight to the hotel to sleep and hopefully beat jet lag (I can live in hope!).
Day 2 - spend some time at the water park then head to get some groceries and possibly lunch at the big McDonalds. A total novelty for my husband who loves McD's. Dinner at Disney Springs (no reservation so hoping for a walk in).
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom. Wanting to ease into the parks so no rope drop plans. Dinner at Jungle Canteen.
Day 4 - Blizzard beach water park. Head to Universal Walk for dinner (walk in).
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios. Dinner at 50s Prime Time Diner.
Day 6 - Rest day. Fun at the hotel water park and go shopping.
Day 7 - Ethan's birthday! Breakfast at Crystal Palace and spend the day at Magic Kingdom.
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom.
Day 9 - Epcot. Dinner at Garden Grill.
Day 10 - Kennedy Space Centre.
Day 11 - Possibly Magic Kingdom if we haven't done all the rides or a different park. Our flight home doesn't leave until 20:50.

Food

We have the following reservations booked.
- Breakfast at Crystal Palace (Ethan's birthday).
- Dinner at 50s Prime Diner (so we have the VIP show seats).
- Dinner at Jungle Canteen.
- Dinner at Garden Grill.

We plan to buy breakfast to eat in the room but possibly a couple of breakfasts out too. Thinking IHop and hotel buffet (on our first morning for ease). Lunch will be bits from Walmart and some quick eats. Any suggestions welcomed. I've seen lots of videos on cheeseburger spring rolls :P And other dinners possible some chain restaurants such as Chili. But anywhere else you recommend is greatly appreciated.

We will also be stocking up on snacks.

Recommendations please

This is where I'm hoping you lovely lot will be able to assist me please.

1. Any other restaurants you recommend please?
2. Are there any chains that offer birthday offers/freebies please? I understand Sprinkles offers a cupcakes.
3. Best shopping mall. We'd like to get some clothes to bring home. No major designers just regular high street.

I'm not sure if it's best to share trip reports on this thread or set up another? I will also be sharing lots of social media (Instagram and Tiktok) so feel free to give us a follow (Explorewithethan2021) to follow along. Ethan has visited 31 countries so far and we love sharing our adventures.
Vineland Premium outlets are close to the Disney area, if not the Mall at Millenia

Thanks so much for the replies, I've added them to my list.

We have only 5 days until we fly out. It should be a super exciting time but sadly my father is very unwell in hospital. He wants us to go on our trip but I feel awful leaving him. He is stable and will love seeing our trip but it's an emotional time.

Just a little update. Sadly we didn't make it on our trip.

My darling Daddy was unwell and passed away the day after we were due to fly out. I'm so thankful we never went as I'd never forgive myself not being there with him.

We intend to rebook for later this year but can't decide when. Would you recommend September or October?

I'm desperate to give Ethan a wonderful holiday as he didn't have the birthday I planned.

We might stay on resort too so now deciding between the value Disney hotels.

Looks like I'm back to researching again when I'm feeling up to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter