• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explain Family Style please!

mudnuri

<font color=deeppink>I HATE it when I miss somethi
I'm a bit confused...

Family Style "buffet"...is this a long table,where platters are passed from person to person...or is it a platter at a table where only you and your family are sitting???

I cant see DH enjoying passing food to and from a person who he hasn't a clue about...

thanks
Brandy

Family style at LTT: Your food is served in large bowls or platters on your table. You serve yourself from these platters and bowls. Only your party is seated at the table.

Hi Brandy!

The food is brought for just your table. It usually comes in one or maybe two skillets. Everyone at your table takes their food off the skillet. When it is gone they ask what you would like more of. The staff then brings that to you. You can ask for as little or as much as you want extra.

Geez I was worried...there's a lot of neat places that we are interested in trying, however the family style just was a bit ummm scarey...all I could think of was a dorm style...oh boy...what a relief!

I got your pm- once I get these kids to bed, I'll reply...

Does anyone know when the "if you don't go to bed, your NOT goind to Disney World" wears off??? For the past 3 weeks it's been working....LOL.....

now- to revamp my food budget, and plug in some Ps's at these "family style" restaurants....

Thanks guys your the best...

Brandy:Pinkbounc

Where were you thinking of trying? We enjoyed the Garden Grill. The Characters were wonderful there! I know that is a family style place.

Oh FYI the food is all together on the skillet. Hopefully you don't care if the food touches each other. I know some people don't like that.

We much prefer the family-style restaurants over the buffet-style ones - basically because of the kids. It's so much easier to just sit and be served. And everyone can easily get more of their favorites.

Our top two picks:
Ohana at the Polynesian
Garden Grill at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter