EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Yes, we are standard view.
Is that bad? Should I try to upgrade?
Being new to this I'm not sure what to do!
Thanks for your advice though.
Do I call the concierge myself of have the TA request this

I would for sure note it on your original request thru your TA and let the IPO know as well...There is one girl there that does all the room mapping so let them know what you need and they will do their best!

Hi all! Newbie here (be kind, lol!) with a dilemma & I need your expert advice! We have stayed CL at Poly for last few trips & love it. We are booked again for late August, but with the construction & impending closure of the pool, I'm thinking we should change our reservation. We would like to stay on the monorail line, but know nothing about CL service at GF or Contemporary. Would love feedback to help make this decision a little less stressful! Any & all input welcome. BTW, we are a family of 3 (5 yo boy). Thank you in advance!

Hi all! Newbie here (be kind, lol!) with a dilemma & I need your expert advice! We have stayed CL at Poly for last few trips & love it. We are booked again for late August, but with the construction & impending closure of the pool, I'm thinking we should change our reservation. We would like to stay on the monorail line, but know nothing about CL service at GF or Contemporary. Would love feedback to help make this decision a little less stressful! Any & all input welcome. BTW, we are a family of 3 (5 yo boy). Thank you in advance!

Welcome :)

We've never stayed at the CR, so I can't comment on that, but have stayed CL at the GF (both SL and RPC). If it's doable, I highly recommend RPC as it's an amazing experience. The food offerings are great, the lounge is large and spacious with great views, and the CL CMs are wonderful. RPC is my favorite CL, followed by WL CL. As far as SL, I'm glad I was able to try it, but I don't like the size of the lounge and where it's located as it's right inside the lobby of the SL building and isn't really a place I found to be comfortable to just sit and relax. Also, since it is located in the center of the lobby, there are no views. The food offerings are great as they are the same as what's served in RPC, but the lounges are worlds apart, IMO. SL is, however, very convenient to the courtyard pool for grabbing drinks and snacks throughout the day if you will be spending a lot of time poolside. With all of that said, I have read nothing but great things about CR CL and I'm sure others will be able to give their opinions on that (as well as possibly compare it to GF CL if they've stayed at both).

Hi! I've been away from the lounge for a bit, but our next trip is coming up quicker than I even realized!

We booked BB @ our last stay & we're booked BC CL 10/27/14-11/3/14. There are 3 of us this time (DS will be @ college

Hi! I've been away from the lounge for a bit, but our next trip is coming up quicker than I even realized! We booked BB @ our last stay & we're booked BC CL 10/27/14-11/3/14. There are 3 of us this time (DS will be @ college dde22) so it's just me, DH, & DD 15. We booked a 1 bedroom suite. I was concerned that my DD wouldn't like sleeping on a pullout for a week, so I was checking online if any Deluxe CL were available. There was NO availability for any of the CL rooms for our time (& I also tried to move the dates a bit to see) I know that BC CL is sched for renovation, but I had heard that they move the lounge into the Presidential Suite & you hardly notice. :rolleyes2 We stayed CL @ BWI our last stay & we did love it there. I do just like to be a little closer to the Epcot entrance. Does anyone know what's going on? I haven't been on the Boards that much lately since our last stay. Busy with college stuff & all of the Senior year stuff. Looking forward to hearing any info my fellow Dis'ers have & any suggestions. Maybe I need to move back over to BWI CL;)

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they called you to move you. Once they finish the lounge construction they are closing club level completely from what I've heard. Of course nobody knows the dates, but you might fall into the time when there's no lounge at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi I read this cover to cover yesterday! I loved it. I knew most of it but appreciated every aspect of doing Disney on the deluxe side! From what rooms to request for best view to size of suites best places to dine etc. I loved it and thought I would share.

THELUXURY GUIDE TO WALT DISNEY WORLD by Cara Goldsbury. Got it on amazon.

Hello.
I've recently upgraded to YC CL. I'll be a total of 3 rooms.
Should I request anything particular? Is it possible
For adjoining rooms.

This is my first time in 8 years sound Disney. All other years I've stayed in the value resorts. In beyond excited!!

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

For me, I really don't mind standard view rooms at all. I suppose it depends what you truly desire.

For us, we don't spend all that much time in our room. I find standard view CL at most resorts to be plenty nice. also, with three rooms booked, there's at least a chance at least one of the rooms will be upgraded- since the rooms that are across the hall fro you will be another view.

Specifically at YC, when we stayed, one of our Standard view rooms was on a very large balcony. It was kind of a parking lot/trees/garden view, but the oversized balcony was pretty cool. That said, I think we spent about ten minutes enjoying it. We do enjoy a nice lounge view, sometimes we have a cup of coffee or appetizers out on our balcony, but that's about it.

Sometimes I actually kind of prefer the views that some resorts offer on Standard level. At the BWK, we had a tiny view of the access road behind the resort. I was pretty cool to see all the trucks accessing the back side of Epcot. I kind of enjoy little glimpses like that. It's slightly 'outside the bubble', so to speak.

Hi Koh! I definitely think aspects of our touring/dining plans are unique.

So here's our typical routine: We eat breakfast in the club lounge each morning, then get to rope drop at our park-of-the-morning. We usually have a lunch ADR around noon, and then we're back at the resort by 2 or 3pm. We spend time at the resort, get ready for dinner, stop by the lounge for evening appetizers and head out to our dinner ADR. We usually have dinner around 7 or 7:30pm, which is the time we eat at home.

We haven't done the dining plan in years, and we have APs, so we buy the TIW card for dining discounts. .

This is exactly what we do.

Looks like you might not be so unique Pixarmom-- we do the exact same thing too!! ::yes::

Hi I read this cover to cover yesterday! I loved it. I knew most of it but appreciated every aspect of doing Disney on the deluxe side! From what rooms to request for best view to size of suites best places to dine etc. I loved it and thought I would share. THELUXURY GUIDE TO WALT DISNEY WORLD by Cara Goldsbury. Got it on amazon.

Cool! I'm going to check that out! :-)

We are booked at the YC CL in a garden vw room for October and understand there are only 4 or 5 of these rooms at the YC. Since I know nothing about the YC CL layout, does anyone know if these particular rooms are close to the lounge and/or elevators? Also, DH wanted to request a King bed but I'm not sure it's worth it since I've read out of the 4 or 5 garden vw rooms, only 1 has a king bed??

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they called you to move you. Once they finish the lounge construction they are closing club level completely from what I've heard. Of course nobody knows the dates, but you might fall into the time when there's no lounge at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I woudn't be surprised either. When I tried to upgrade to a CL room at the BC just last week, I was told there wasn't anything available (we too were booked with a BB from last year). Our dates are from 10/19-10/23. The CM was surprised by "what she saw" on her screen so she put me on hold, came back and said it was because all the CL rooms were pulled from inventory due to renovations. This is why we switched over to the YC.

We are booked at the YC CL in a garden vw room for October and understand there are only 4 or 5 of these rooms at the YC. Since I know nothing about the YC CL layout, does anyone know if these particular rooms are close to the lounge and/or elevators? Also, DH wanted to request a King bed but I'm not sure it's worth it since I've read out of the 4 or 5 garden vw rooms, only 1 has a king bed?? I woudn't be surprised either. When I tried to upgrade to a CL room at the BC just last week, I was told there wasn't anything available (we too were booked with a BB from last year). Our dates are from 10/19-10/23. The CM was surprised by "what she saw" on her screen so she put me on hold, came back and said it was because all the CL rooms were pulled from inventory due to renovations. This is why we switched over to the YC.

Thx for the update!

I called today & spoke to 2 people. I specifically asked why there are no CL rooms in inventory for a 2 month period. I was told there is no renovation & I moved us over to BWI CL to a Deluxe CL room. I booked last year fairly late & there were still GV & LV CL rooms left. I also booked BB.

Here's a question I should know the answer to: We are planning a special trip for my parent's 40th anniversary in November. We have 4 nights booked in a 2 bedroom BW view at the BWV. We love the Innkeeper's Club so much we want to add on a few days so my parents can experience it. If I book now at rack rate, can I apply an AP discount to the rooms if/when they become available? I'm worried about availability because of F&W and the rehab at the BC. Might make BWI CL more popular and I would hate to lose out on rooms if I wait for discounts. Typically I don't book rooms until discounts are out and most of our trips are not planned this far out, but this one is a biggie :)

Thanks!!

Ugh! Reading through this thread has me second guessing myself! We HAVE to be at Disney 4th of July week for my daughter's dance competition at Coronado Springs. We are staying business class there while we have to be there for competition, but then were booked to move to BC CL for 7/6-7/9....the combo of the pool being insane that time of year to the potential for the lounge to be under construction has me really leary!!!!! Should I move to AKL, BW or WL CL?? Help!

Ugh! Reading through this thread has me second guessing myself! We HAVE to be at Disney 4th of July week for my daughter's dance competition at Coronado Springs. We are staying business class there while we have to be there for competition, but then were booked to move to BC CL for 7/6-7/9....the combo of the pool being insane that time of year to the potential for the lounge to be under construction has me really leary!!!!! Should I move to AKL, BW or WL CL?? Help!

Not sure about the BC club lounge, but just wanted to mention that I honestly have no problems with SAB crowds in July or August. It's possible that nobody will agree with me, but it's been easier for me to find a spot for our stuff in July/August at SAB than at most other pools on property. Granted, I'm not looking for a number of chairs in a row because we're usually in the pool. But I really love SAB in the summer!

I would move to YC CL. This is our 6th summer in a row there and I have never had an issue at SAB even once.....and we are there daily. Always get chairs, crowds fine....

I love it! I'm so used to responses suggesting that two ADRs per day are absolutely crazy, so I'm programmed to qualify my responses!

When we did deluxe dining, we usually did 2 TS a day as well. :-)

This trip will be different with CL and just the regular dining plan...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Here's a question I should know the answer to: We are planning a special trip for my parent's 40th anniversary in November. We have 4 nights booked in a 2 bedroom BW view at the BWV. We love the Innkeeper's Club so much we want to add on a few days so my parents can experience it. If I book now at rack rate, can I apply an AP discount to the rooms if/when they become available? I'm worried about availability because of F&W and the rehab at the BC. Might make BWI CL more popular and I would hate to lose out on rooms if I wait for discounts. Typically I don't book rooms until discounts are out and most of our trips are not planned this far out, but this one is a biggie :)

Thanks!!

I would definitely go ahead and book it. You can always cancel it later if there's no discount. It's hard to predict success with applying AP discounts to a room reservation. Sometimes it works, and sometimes you have to switch to a different category in order to get the discount. Epcot resorts during F&W go like hot cakes! I'm in the same predicament since we decided to go back down for Star Wars weekends, all Epcot resorts are full. If you really have your heart set on it I think it's better to book. :thumbsup2

If the lounge is in the Presidential Suite during your stay it will still be the same offerings. I wouldn't worry about that. :) Yes the pool will be busy, but SAB is big enough that it doesn't feel too crowded. Chairs can be hard to find, if you go down in the morning you'll be able to find them more easily. Sometimes if we couldn't find one we would just toss our stuff in a regular chair near the pool and hang out in the water together. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter