Experiences with Amtrak to WDW

Pixie Green

Earning My Ears
Hi, everybody! I lurk around here quite a bit, but I've always hesitated to post because I'm not sure if or when my hopes and dreams of a Disney trip will become a reality. I have always loved Disney, but I have only been to WDW once and was so young that I don't remember any of it. I hope it's okay to ask this even though I don't know for sure I'll be able to go, but I was wondering if anybody here has any experience taking an Amtrak train to Walt Disney World with a mobility aid(s). Right now I use a mobility scooter, but I'm currently in the process of finally getting a custom manual wheelchair with power assist. It should come sometime in the next few weeks, and I'm so excited! Anyway, I'll of course be using my wheelchair, so if anybody has experience traveling on Amtrak trains as a wheelchair user that they could share, that would be really helpful. Thank you!

I have looked into using Amtrak to get to orlando several times because its such a hassle flying with all my girls' medical supplies (plus my daughter needs oxygen when flying) but it is actually much faster to drive (14 hours driving not counting stops vs 27 hours on the train) and it is actually cheaper for us to fly. But I'm currently considering a trip to Arizona and I'm not sure if my daughter could tolerated the longer flight even with the oxygen and I really hate driving so we might end up on the train after all. debating between train and bus. bus is faster and a lot cheaper but i dont know if they are accessible and i think the train would be more comfortable.I'd love to hear about others' experiences.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter