Experienced with DLR in the fall, now help with what might be different this time around please :)

Well my coworkers are already locked into that week due to requests off from work and stuff… do I become a complete antisocial *** and go solo a couple weeks later to hit my perfect time, or deal with it but enjoy a group of buddies 🤣

Dang…. I forgot about Columbus Day…

The temps worry me a little, I mean ultimately it’ll be fine if it’s a little warm, but I’m just so used to getting lucky and it being what I consider perfect. I can’t 100% remember, but I feel like previous years I start watching the temps early October and get a little nervous that they’re still in the slightly uncomfortable range, like 90s in the day. But each year I’ve got the last week in October they’ve been mainly mid to high 70s until around noon and then maybe low to mid 80s until around 3pm when they start dropping again. MAYBE one or two days reach just 90 degrees by like 2:30 and then start to drop again. That high 70s low 80s is absolutely perfect weather! Getting to 90 is just a little uncomfortable (boy I really sound whiny to all the summer visitors, lol)

The last time I visited Disney outside of fall was… like 20 years ago? This all started with me wanting to do the Halloween events down there (Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and Knott’s Scary Farm), so that’s why the big target on the fall. I just sort of have anchored the trip around Disney because that’s a nice multi day thing and totally worth it if I’m in the area anyway. My work buddies want to do the Halloween stuff, but also do Disney since it’s the major attraction there (also figuring the girlfriends/wives in their life probably are more interested in the Disney part of the trip).

I’ll absolutely get something booked with the Grand and DLH to be safe… I just couldn’t remember when fall promos usually started. I’ve been lucky in prior years being able to rebook a promo room during my 20th-30th time frame, but it probably helps that I’m often there on week days and that sounds like it’s after school breaks. Also, can’t remember if most the time the fall promo started like ~Oct 15th and the late summer one ended in September. I feel like there is usually a couple weeks gap between the two, but I really can’t remember….
I was there this past October from 10/16 - 10/21. It was the only time we could go. It was VERY crowded, we did have park hoppers and bought Genie+, that is what made it manageable. It was extremely hot, like WDW in the summer hot, it was in the mid 90's all week. I think a few days after we left, it was back down in the low 80's. I didn't see a lot of people wearings masks, but no one cared if you did or didn't, just don't have the expectation others will wear them. It was hot and busy and we had a great time! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter