• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experience with NY quarantine form and follow-up

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
Looking for experience and feedback with those of you flying back into NY. We are curious how often they call you after you fill out the form, etc. If we decide to go through with our trip, we will be staying at home for the 14 days, but just curious how "intense" the followup is and how much they actually ask you.

LOl came on here to ask this same exact queston ...... waiting for answer.

My son lives in NY and was coming to visit since Cali was not on the list.
but now even cali is back on the list might as well try to make a family vacation out of it :)

My mom flew back home into JFK and had to fill out the form and was called on her cell twice. I flew into EWR, no form and no calls.

We had a recent trip to NC and flew into Buffalo and nobody was around handing out forms. So we just went home thinking maybe they'd call us since our phone numbers are included with our flight info, but nobody ever called. We still did the quarantine, but it was brutally long and we wished we could've had a covid test instead, which I now hear that Cuomo is considering doing.

It really seems like it's very random. Thanks for asking this question as I'm curious what to expect.

We filled out the form upon our return to LGA in August, and they called us twice in the next 2 weeks to make sure we knew where to contact in case we noticed any symptoms. That was it.

Thanks, everyone! I think we are cancelling as of right now, but I was just curious about the process.

We flew SW in September from MCO to ISP with a plane change at BWI. Forms were given to us at BWI and they were collected at ISP. I received a call on our 2nd day home from DOH asking health related questions and letting us know about the mandatory quarantine. I was allowed to answer the questions for my husband with his consent. They text me daily asking if we had symptoms and let me know how many days remained. I do hope Cuomo allows us to just take a test rather than quarantine. We are heading back down to WDW next Sunday and I’m not looking forward to another 14 days stuck at home.

We went in August, and then again a few weeks ago (from Long Island).
My husband is essential, which we marked on the form. He had a covid test a few days after return, & returned to work.
Both times, I received a call a few days after return, was asked about my ability to quarantine, had the guidelines explained, and asked if i had any questions (they were very pleasant, by the way).
For the remaining of the 14 days, I received a daily text, asking if I had any symptoms, and/or wanted to speak to someone. I just responded with "2" for "no" - easy, peasy.

New changes just announced regarding NY, so procedure will be changing.
I just saw that: a negative test required 3 days before arriving in NY, then quarantine for 3 days, then test again on the 4th day (& quarantine for another 14 days if positive).

If we do go through with our plans to visit in early December, it is going to require a lot of juggling, especially as our insurance does not cover "lab work" (& only a few places accept federally funded), plus we won't have a car there.
I'm starting to think we may never attain our dream of seeing WDW decorated for Christmas (despite many visits since it opened).:sad1:

I just saw that: a negative test required 3 days before arriving in NY, then quarantine for 3 days, then test again on the 4th day (& quarantine for another 14 days if positive).

If we do go through with our plans to visit in early December, it is going to require a lot of juggling, especially as our insurance does not cover "lab work" (& only a few places accept federally funded), plus we won't have a car there.
I'm starting to think we may never attain our dream of seeing WDW decorated for Christmas (despite many visits since it opened).:sad1:

Thank you. I havent read the new updates yet. I am arriving in NJ but live in NY. What does this three day test prior mean, we show the airline before being able to get on the plane? Guessing flights to NJ I am guessing is different.

Thank you. I havent read the new updates yet. I am arriving in NJ but live in NY. What does this three day test prior mean, we show the airline before being able to get on the plane? Guessing flights to NJ I am guessing is different.
Details haven't been published yet; hopefully, by tomorrow.
Our son & girlfriend just arrived this afternoon at the BoardWalk, & have no idea what's going to happen when they go home next Sunday. The initial announcement didn't even address essential workers (which he is) :confused3

I don't you'll have to show anything before getting on the plane as the announcement said you could decide not to test and still do the 14 day quarantine. Not to mention it's not always practical for people to get a test if they are on vacation or if they need to leave somewhere in a hurry for whatever reason.

I don't you'll have to show anything before getting on the plane as the announcement said you could decide not to test and still do the 14 day quarantine. Not to mention it's not always practical for people to get a test if they are on vacation or if they need to leave somewhere in a hurry for whatever reason.
Ugh - the news report first says the new policy replaces the 14 day quarantine requirement. "
According to the news, "Now, the state's new policy requires travelers must have tested negative for the virus within 3 days of their arrival to New York and have proof of the test. Then, once they've arrived, travelers must quarantine for three days. On the fourth day, travelers must get tested for the virus again"
Then, it says (at the very end): "If travelers choose not to get tested at all, they must remain quarantined for the 14 day period"
Apparently, the testing is a requirement ONLY if you don't quarantine for 14 days..........????
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/g...st-all-travelers-must-get-tested-for-covid-19

Free testing is open to all the OC Convention Ctr., but I don't think they're set up for walk-ups, so you would have to rent a car for the day. Info is here; click on "List View" at the top of the map.

Free testing is open to all the OC Convention Ctr., but I don't think they're set up for walk-ups, so you would have to rent a car for the day. Info is here; click on "List View" at the top of the map.
That's very helpful - thank you!!!

Fly into New Jersey, or Connecticut rent a car and drive into New York. Simple

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter