Experience with Mycruisephotos.com?

How receptive are they to doing candid shots? Does that ever happen?? I would hate to have 200 of the same posed photo, just different locations and characters. Can you pay a little extra for them to take some shots around the ship?

You can set up a private session. For a fee. And the photos aren't included in the CD/package options.

How receptive are they to doing candid shots? Does that ever happen?? I would hate to have 200 of the same posed photo, just different locations and characters. Can you pay a little extra for them to take some shots around the ship?

This is why I didn't buy any pictures on our last cruise.

The Shutters (mycruisephotos) photographers have zero imagination.

Also, the angle at which lots of the pictures were taken was awful. I am short, and so is my daughter and most of the photographers made no effort to crouch and get us full on. Instead, almost all pictures were taken aiming down at us. Also, I found the photographers to be more often rude and in a hurry.

Photopass photogs at WDW are MUCH more awesome! They crouch, they get a good angle, they try for an imaginative pose. Not all, but some, as opposed to the Shutters cruise photogs that never tried, even after I asked! Just not worth it to me.

The people I found that were happy with the pictures were people with no eye for photography who just liked the clearness of a picture taken with a high resolution camera. But honestly, I got better pictures with my own point and shoot.

The pre-purchase price for the all photos package for July 5, 2014 is $295.95. I recall paying around $399 last year for the all photos and CD last year for a 7 night cruise.

I just had a quick look and as you said all photos either on CD or all the prints are $295.95. If you want both, it is $395.95.

Photos around the ship are extra as stated before, but I have some photos on my CD where I have no idea how they got them at some of the sets where they just managed to capture a magical moment with a character that is definitely not posed.

This is why I didn't buy any pictures on our last cruise.

The Shutters (mycruisephotos) photographers have zero imagination.

Also, the angle at which lots of the pictures were taken was awful. I am short, and so is my daughter and most of the photographers made no effort to crouch and get us full on. Instead, almost all pictures were taken aiming down at us. Also, I found the photographers to be more often rude and in a hurry.

Photopass photogs at WDW are MUCH more awesome! They crouch, they get a good angle, they try for an imaginative pose. Not all, but some, as opposed to the Shutters cruise photogs that never tried, even after I asked! Just not worth it to me.

The people I found that were happy with the pictures were people with no eye for photography who just liked the clearness of a picture taken with a high resolution camera. But honestly, I got better pictures with my own point and shoot.

That is such a shame. I guess we have always been lucky. I got some really imaginative poses over the years. My favourite one is one where it looks my husband is standing on my hand.

Corinna

Just wondering if anyone has done the photo book? If so, was it less expensive to book online? And we're you satisfied with it??

Honestly, I would never pay the outrageous prices for the photo book. You can go to Shutterfly and create your own more personalized book for about 20.00. And check with Groupon for really cheap prices for creating photo books. If you want to use photos from Shudders, just scan them to your computer and upload them to your book. Otherwise just upload from your phone or camera. Them you can add any text you want about any picture. Much more personalized to your DCL experience, than the standard DCL format for their photo books. Plus, I love creating books from our cruises. I love choosing the photos, writing about them based on my family's experience, designing the pages, etc.

Do the photographers ever go to the kids' clubs and take photos of the children and children's activities?

I am now back from our Panama Canal cruise and thought it was only fair to post an update. I had pre-purchased the unlimited photo CD online before we left and paid $339.00. On the ship, the same product was $399.95 so there is a discount after all. I also seem to remember that you could add all prints for $75 online and on the ship this was an extra $100.

Corinna

I just got back from the EBTA and pre-paid for the photo cd package. I paid $339 for it and noticed it went up to $399 on the cruise. So maybe they are trying to entice people to order this before they cruise.

We eve had a group picture taken with other adults on our cd. We had a picture taken whilst dining at Palo's with 4 other adults and they each had the images attached to their names, as these photos used the face recognition.

We decided to purchase all the prints whilst on board and we had 183 in total. I thought the package was a good deal for us.

We were on the Dream last February, and I didn't see a photographer anywhere except for the Atrium for character meet and greets and pre dinner photos. It was a 3 day cruise, maybe that's why?

We're going in August for a longer cruise. Maybe the photographers will be more present?

On the Wonder, we only saw the photographers in the Atrium when character meet an greets were going on. We had a 100.00 photo credit and realized on the third day of the cruise we hadn't had any pictures taken, so since we had a 7 year old, we started attending the meet and greets. We got some great character pics with our son, but that 's about it. We used our credit but really didn't have a lot of pics to choose from. I never saw the photographers anywhere else on the ship. We really wanted some outside pics with our family with the sea behind us, but we were told that the photographers don 't do outside pics. Personally, based on our experience I wouldn't purchase a CD. The price seems outrageous and we would not have had enough pictures to make it worth it! If we ever purchased pictures without a credit, I would just go to Shudders, look through our binder, and look at the pictures already printed and choose and purchase what pictures we liked. We will be cursing in Jan 2015, and all the pics are with the same characters we won 't be purchasing any pics. Anyway, I got great pics with my camera on the ship and at ports on IPhone, so I don't really need to buy a CD.

Unfortunately no. They also don't do any outside pics.

The photographers took pics of our family plaing on the beach at Castaway Cay and captured the magic of our daughter playing unscripted...

Great to know about the prepay. We wish we'd have taken more photos on the last cruise as getting the package was never in our plans until we had a hard time narrowing down the shots. We had a day in Walt Disneyworld Magic Kingdom, and all of those photos made it onto our disc as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter