Experience with ECV delivery on arrival day

SFMommy

DIS Veteran
We will be landing at SNA at 12:15 p.m. on a Thursday in July. Checking in to the Pixar Place Hotel. And after dropping our bags and eating something, we would like to go to DCA for a few hours while we wait for our room to be ready. My mom hasn't been to DLR for over 40 years. My DD18 and I are bringing my mom, my niece (9) and nephew (7) who have never been to Disneyland. We are renting an EVC for my mom and my understanding is that Scooterbug is the only company allowed at the on-site properties.

Does anyone have any experience with renting a scooter and needing it as soon as we arrive, so that my mom can go to DCA with us that afternoon? Do they drop-off at Bell Services even if we haven't arrived yet?

Thanks for any info!

Scooterbug is the only company allowed to leave your ECV for you at the Disney hotels. Unless your rental is from Scooterbug, you have to be there at the hotel when they drop off your ECV.

When you make your reservation, maybe you can put in the notes that you need it delivered by 12 noon on the day you arrive. Or earlier…

ScooterBug website certainly has many problems, but is functional (seems like a puzzle). You may also just call to reserve.
I told the valet when arriving at the Grand Californian, and the scooter was at the car before the bags had even been unloaded. Pixar Place should provide similar service.

When I rented a scooter for my dad from ScooterBug a few years ago, I provided a time that I wanted to pick it up and the time I would drop it off. I chose noon, and it was ready for pick up when we arrived. When you make a reservation for the scooter, I would give one or two hours earlier than you want it, just to make sure it is there at the time you really need it. I had no issues with my rental and would use them again.

If you reserve via their website, make sure you get a receipt via email; it can be glitchy, but when it works, it works. If anything goes wrong or you need help, the bell folks are very knowledgable and you shouldn't need to interface with scooterbug at all.

Over labor day weekend we had a great experience with having Scooter Bug leave the scooter at the GCH bell services. The bell services worker even showed my mom how to drive it. :)

I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the process was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter