Experience the Aloha! June 2021 Oahu/Aulani TR *COMPLETE* 3/7 Final Aulani Day!

Beautiful pictures! Were the underwater pictures taken with a go pro? The clear water is stunning.

That scavenger hunt looks fun. That's cool they have free stuff like that to do around the resort.

Beautiful pictures! Were the underwater pictures taken with a go pro? The clear water is stunning.

That scavenger hunt looks fun. That's cool they have free stuff like that to do around the resort.

I think that was just our underwater camera, we mostly used the Go Pro in the pool but both took some nice underwater photos!

I know we probably didn't get the "full" Aulani resort experience in regards to onsite activities, but I was still pleased that they offered anything at all in the current times. The scavenger hunt was really fun, and took us all around the resort!

I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while but I just caught up again!

That ranch tour looks awesome and I'm definitely going to look into it for our trip in May. I've always loved Jurassic Park, and remember the feeling of awe when that field appeared on the big screen.

I love your little souvenirs from that shop. We'll definitely have to check that out too. Is that in the little shopping area across the street? I've been watching The Tim Tracker this week and he was just at Aulani and it seems like a cute little area to shop and eat.

I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while but I just caught up again!

That ranch tour looks awesome and I'm definitely going to look into it for our trip in May. I've always loved Jurassic Park, and remember the feeling of awe when that field appeared on the big screen.

I love your little souvenirs from that shop. We'll definitely have to check that out too. Is that in the little shopping area across the street? I've been watching The Tim Tracker this week and he was just at Aulani and it seems like a cute little area to shop and eat.

No worries, I have been a terrible DISer myself lately!!

The tour is REALLY great for fans of the Jurassic franchise! It was so great getting to explore the beautiful ranch, too. There is just so much to do there, I think it could feel brand new every time if you book something different!

Yes, that was right across the street from Aulani! There were quite a few little shops over there along with some restaurants. That was my favorite place that we shopped the whole two weeks! I wanted so many things!! lol

Day 12: Friday June 11th

For our last day at Aulani, we started out with some cinnamon rolls for breakfast in the room. While they were in the oven, the kids were enjoying some time on the balcony.

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Once we had our swimsuits on, we headed down to the area around Menehune Bridge and grabbed a couple of chairs to be our home base for the morning. We ended up first over at the infinity pool because we really hadn’t been in that one yet at all. Such a pretty view!

P6110760
Maui’s Hook on the ground

P6110763

P6110767

P6110769

P6110771

The infinity pool was also nice because it had some benches along the water and a cave looking area that was really pretty.

P6110773

We did the tube slide and made a loop around the lazy river, got some popcorn to snack on, then decided to go do the body slide. DH went first and the CM asked him what was his favorite flower and then what was his favorite brand, but DH didn’t really get why she was asking so he kind of just kept laughing and saying he didn’t really have one. So when DS went next, she asked him his favorite TV character, and he said “Cricket Green,” and she said, “Yell that when you go down the slide!” He did and thought that was hilarious, so then DD was all excited to see what her question was going to be. Her question was favorite TV show, and so she went down the slide yelling “Big City Greens!” Mine was favorite Disney character, so I yelled Rapunzel on the way down. Once we got to the bottom and explained to DH why she was asking weird questions, he was like, “Why did I get asked favorite FLOWER?!” lmao

Instead of going up to the room for lunch, we decided to get some food down by the pool. While DH went to get us some chicken tenders meals to share (the portions were HUGE), the kids played in Menehune Bridge.

P6110780

P6110783

P6110788

We had the character schedule for the afternoon, and since they were meeting on the luau lawn for today, it was a lot closer to the pool area. We ran over to meet Mickey & Minnie first.

IMG_3788

IMG_3790

IMG_3792

IMG_3799

The last two I really wanted to meet was Duffy & Olu Mel. Even though we had seen Olu Mel alone the day before, we hadn’t had a chance to see Duffy yet! So we stayed for their set too.

IMG_3803

IMG_3809

We went up to the room for a break after that character meet to get out of the sun for a little while.

IMG_3811

After this, I legit just stopped taking notes! :rotfl: I had been so diligent for so many days, but this was apparently where I just quit altogether so I’ll have to just go by the photos. We really didn’t have much left to the trip anyway. While we were taking a break, we did some laundry and packing while the kids played.

We went back to the pool for a couple of hours later in the afternoon, and just as we were ready to go back up for the night, we saw a Photopass photographer down by the bridge. We had always tried to catch them when we were dressed in clothes, but never seemed to see them. DH suggested getting photos, and I was hesitant because we were in our wet swimsuits, but he ended up convincing me that it was what this vacation was all about...family time, and relaxing by the pools at Aulani. I’m so glad we took them. Even at the end of such a long trip, we were just so incredibly happy to be there together!

Those photos really marked the end of our trip. We got the kids to bed early so we could be well rested for our travel days coming up. In the morning, the kids had a few minutes on the balcony before we had to leave.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_3816

IMG_3817

And then it was time to head home!

IMG_3821

IMG_3827

Our flights home were largely uneventful. But the time changes were really tough! We pretty much made the reverse trip by flying Honolulu to Oakland where we stayed at the same hotel for the night that we had on the way to Hawaii. The next day was our long travel day with a stop in Denver before ending in New Orleans. The kids were TROOPERS! They really traveled even better than I could have hoped! We were really prepared with lots of stuff for them to do, which helped. Even if they didn't touch a lot of it, we knew we had plenty in case we needed it. We had gone back and forth over whether we should split the travel up over 2 days or just suck it up and do a long haul flight to get it over with. Ultimately I think splitting it up was the best choice for us. It gave the kids enough changes of scenery with airports and layovers to stretch and move around.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me through this looooooong TR! I really didn't think it would take me so long to get it done. lol And now I have gotten myself 2 whole trips behind as we have since spent a week in Universal for DD's birthday in August, and we just got off of the Disney Fantasy after a week in the Eastern Caribbean this past weekend! Hopefully I can soon get those going to share our wonderful memories with you all! I'll be sure to post here when I do.

Once we got to the bottom and explained to DH why she was asking weird questions, he was like, “Why did I get asked favorite FLOWER?!” lmao

:rotfl:

That's hilarious! I'm sure my husband would have been the same way! Ask him his favorite beer maybe!

We went back to the pool for a couple of hours later in the afternoon, and just as we were ready to go back up for the night, we saw a Photopass photographer down by the bridge. We had always tried to catch them when we were dressed in clothes, but never seemed to see them. DH suggested getting photos, and I was hesitant because we were in our wet swimsuits, but he ended up convincing me that it was what this vacation was all about...family time, and relaxing by the pools at Aulani. I’m so glad we took them. Even at the end of such a long trip, we were just so incredibly happy to be there together!

And it shows! Great photos and great memories!

Those photos really marked the end of our trip. We got the kids to bed early so we could be well rested for our travel days coming up. In the morning, the kids had a few minutes on the balcony before we had to leave.

Aw, always such a sad day :sad:

we just got off of the Disney Fantasy after a week in the Eastern Caribbean this past weekend!

How exciting! We went on the Fantasy in 2019 and it was my favorite of all the four cruises we've been on!

Thanks for your detailed report. I hope to go to Hawaii in the next few years and this gives me lots of ideas. These kinds of trip reports mean a lot to us lurkers who use your detailed research for our own trips. :worship::cheer2:☺ You aren't by chance planning a trip to the CA National Parks anytime soon? I have been searching the CA trip reports working on a fall trip (maybe).

:rotfl:

That's hilarious! I'm sure my husband would have been the same way! Ask him his favorite beer maybe!

Right?! Ask a more "Dad friendly" question!! It made for a funny moment though, and we still tease him about it!

And it shows! Great photos and great memories!

Thank you!

How exciting! We went on the Fantasy in 2019 and it was my favorite of all the four cruises we've been on!

We did the Fantasy in 2019 as well, and it was our first family cruise. We absolutely loved it!! We loved it again this time of course, but now we are looking at maybe doing a different ship and destination next time since we have done both Eastern & Western Caribbean now. The post-DCL Blues seem so much worse than any other!

Thanks for your detailed report. I hope to go to Hawaii in the next few years and this gives me lots of ideas. These kinds of trip reports mean a lot to us lurkers who use your detailed research for our own trips. :worship::cheer2:☺ You aren't by chance planning a trip to the CA National Parks anytime soon? I have been searching the CA trip reports working on a fall trip (maybe).

You're so welcome! Love being able to help people out!!

I am not, but if I do I'll let you know. :goodvibes

Loved reading all about your trip. We're not going until October but I have a list of things to do, thanks for lots of ideas :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter