Expedition Everest

livandemsmom

Earning My Ears
Anyone have a description of the ride for me? I'm not a big roller coster fan:eek: , but this one is so tempting to me because of the themes. The drops don't look too bad since they curve:confused: but I'm wondering - how exactly is it set up? Do you go forward, then backward, then forward again??:eek: I want to be brave. Anyone other non-roller coaster fans out there that survived EE?:scared:

I am a non roller coaster person but I do enjoy Space Mountain. I did go on Everest and was fine until we went backwards in the dark after that my stomach was not the same for hours. I also do not do Star Tours or the Tea Cups as they make me quezy too.

Lisa

Anyone have a description of the ride for me? I'm not a big roller coster fan:eek: , but this one is so tempting to me because of the themes. The drops don't look too bad since they curve:confused: but I'm wondering - how exactly is it set up? Do you go forward, then backward, then forward again??:eek: I want to be brave. Anyone other non-roller coaster fans out there that survived EE?:scared:

DM & I survived it... barely. I personally though it was terrifying BUT it really doesn't take much to scare the **** out of me :rotfl: I was scared in the Haunted Mansion!!!!!

You do go forward, then backwards in the dark, then forward again. Then there's a big drop. The drop wasn't the worst part though, for us it was definitely going backwards in the dark.

I am not a "coaster person" by any means but I loved EE-You know about the backwards part already, so you're well prepared. Most of the people I know that hated EE were the ones who didn't know about it. I thought it was a piece of cake. The drop out front is big, but it's banked and it's over in 3 seconds. I screamed like crazy because that helps me on the big drops!;)

You can look it up on youtube. There are several videos of the ride. Personally, I loved the ride. My dh didn't care for it though....and he usually likes coasters. I think it was the curves that made him a little queasy. Have you ever been on BTMR? EE is alot like it, but EE is a little more intense, IMHO.

IMHO,EE is in a coaster class only matched by RnRC.It is MUCH more intense than the other WDW Mountains.I don't think the drops are the most intense part-it is the g-forces you feel in the turns.I can ride it once and feel OK after a few minutes,but if I rode it back-to-back,I might get sick.:)

I'm in the same boat with you, I'm terrified of this ride and I know I'll have second thoughts when I do eventually get to ride it but atleast give it a try and if for some reason you don't like it you never have to get on it again! ;)

The first climb is STEEP! That's what scared me.
You have to ride however. It is fantastic! A real blast from beginning to end.

I am not a roller coaster person, but totally sucked it up for EE and RNRC and LOVED them both! I can't wait for August to come when i can go on them again!!!

I also suggest checkin out youtube adn watching people's videos of EE:) It goes forward, backward then forward again:) The big drop looks a lot more intimidating than it feels like. I was plesantly surprised. It is over really quickly though!!

It's so much fun though, IMO and im countin down the days til i can do it again!!!!!!!!!

I do not like roller coasters outside of the Disney ones. But I do love all the mountians and RnR and therefore I LOVED EE. :thumbsup2
I went on it several times in a row and was fine. It is more intense than the mountains but it was very fun. If you sit in the front going backwards was not as bad. If you were in the back (which I was once) it was a rough few seconds. If you can muster the nerve I suggest giving it a shot. Good Luck!!

The first climb is STEEP! That's what scared me.
You have to ride however. It is fantastic! A real blast from beginning to end.

I don't typically do well on rollercoasters but went on BTMRR last trip and absolutely loved it. I love speed and the curves but usually have problems with big hills. During that last trip, DH and I had to baby swap so we were both chicken to go on any of the other rollercoasters alone! We may go back alone in Feb 2007 and want to ride some new rides, including EE. I have watched the YouTube footage and it is so hard to tell what is going on, mostly because of the dark parts. Are there other big hills (other than the visible one)?

I don't typically do well on rollercoasters but went on BTMRR last trip and absolutely loved it. I love speed and the curves but usually have problems with big hills. During that last trip, DH and I had to baby swap so we were both chicken to go on any of the other rollercoasters alone! We may go back alone in Feb 2007 and want to ride some new rides, including EE. I have watched the YouTube footage and it is so hard to tell what is going on, mostly because of the dark parts. Are there other big hills (other than the visible one)?

You go UP a REALLY steep hill right at the begining. and Down the one that's right after when you see the yeti the 1st time. other than that, it's pretty much it:)

I'm so excited to go on this! And I'm not telling DBf about the backwards part so as long as he doesn't overhear in line (which he probably will :P)...he is going to love it!~!

It took me three rides to be able to look at the scenery on that climb over the bridge!! But, man, it's beautiful. Be sure to look. Then, you do go backwards, in the dark. It is intense. You feel like you're going to flip over, but you won't. Don't fight it....that just seems to make it worse. It lasts for about 10 seconds, if that. Then, it's on to that big ole curvy drop. That one really is a ton of fun. The drop on Splash is worse for me....I think it's because there are no restraints on Splash!
EE is a whole lot of fun. My dh doesn't like roller coasters, doesn't really like many of the 'rides'. He rides EE once and then he's done with it. It's not a hugely scary roller coaster. The theming is great. Try it once...you'll most likely be back to ride it over and over....I know I did!

Much more intense than the coasters in MK. My DS7 loves all those rides even TOT but one ride on EE was enough for him. Very fast, backwards, in the dark. Very cool. Ther were no more fast passes by noon but after the 4pm parade we walked right on.

I'm a coaster junkie, so keep that in mind. I don't think anyone could build a coaster that I'd be unwilling to ride. In fact, I'm really wanting to take a trip to Cedar Point, they have some insane coasters up there.

I'd always been somewhat dissapointed in Disney coasters. They were always way too tame for me, until Rockin' Roller Coaster came along. We all love that one.

EE is a great coaster. I don't personally consider it scary, but I can see how some would. My DD (8) rode it and enjoyed it very much. My DW even managed to get some great pictures while riding, of the coaster itself and the magnificent views you can get from the top.

I hope it's the beginning of a trend. Several of the newer rides at WDW are more thrill-oriented. TOT, RRC, EE and Mission Space. I'd personally welcome a few more.

I love rollercoasters and we went on it for the first time last week and I was suprised at how much the backwards motion affected me. I really felt like we were going upside down which kind of freaked me out. I guess I enjoyed it enough to ride it a second time though!

I hate roller coasters, but after riding EE last October it's now my favorite ride. I read so many descriptions of the ride here before I left and half of them were ridiculously off. I watched several videos of EE on YouTube and that helped alot. As a matter of fact, the first time I rode it I just hopped into the single riders line by myself while DH watched our 3yo. I knew if I didn't do it then I might not ever.
I loved the whole ride. I do get motion sick fairly easily, and EE left me a little queasy, but not bad. I absolutely abhor that feeling in your stomach when you drop, but the only drop of any consequence is the one you see coming out of the mountain, and it really is nothing. It's very banked(seems even more so when you're riding) so there isn't a straight drop. The one you see where you stop and then go backwards isn't much of anything. It doesn't last long and isn't very much of a drop at, IMO. The most intense part by far is when you go backwards(up) in a spiral. You feel the pull and it can make you a little queasy, but I didn't find it scary at all. The ride is tons of fun and the theming is awesome. I really think you'll enjoy it!:)

I'm a certified coaster phobic (ask my DW and she'll tell you) and EE was just enough for me :banana:

--Mr. DB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter