Expedition Everest Challenge 2014

PM me cewait. My wife is looking for a bib for the EE challenge. Thanks!

the weather for saturday is calling for showers hope we won't be running the race in the rain.

Does anyone know what food/beverage places will be open after the race? I would love to get a Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti afterward. (If they still serve them!)

Also, I am doing a meet on Friday night. After Illuminations, come hit Kimonos at the Swan with us for some sushi and karaoke before walking over to Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk!

If you're doing the Expedition Everest Challenge on Saturday, you need to get used to staying up late anyway since that party runs until 2:30 am!

Obviously, both doing karaoke and dancing are not-so-much fun to do alone, and while I will have a friend with me, I would love to have a group of runners along for the ride.

My post here --> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215813 has a little more info.

how does running in a team work? my teammate may not be able to run with me how does the effect my ability to finish? i cant imagine them giving someone a hard time in a disney race because your teammate isnt with you

Only one bid has the timing bar on it. Whoever has it on their bib will be the person who has their time recorded.If you want to know what your time is then make sure you are the one wearing the bib with the bar on it.

If you are competing for an award this won't fly. If you are going to finish in the middle of the pack and just wan to know your time for your own personal reasons then you will be fine.

How's everyone finishing up their training/runs for the rest of the week? I'm planning on a 3 miler today and Thursday with nothing on Friday plus some Tonga Toast Saturday morning. Cannot believe it's so close!!

I have not run since March....

We will see how cross training serves as a base. I am hoping for a fun race.

I just noted the thunderstorm forecast... I have not looked at the weather but if there is not a front coming through, the worst part of any rain will have cleared around dark.

I'm still going slow, because I don't want to re-tweak my ankle or knee. At the very least, I know I can walk 3 miles at a slow pace and still be under 1 hour, and the info says the course closes at 11:45, so either the last corral will go off at close to 11 PM or they're not enforcing the 16 min/mile pacing.

How's everyone finishing up their training/runs for the rest of the week? I'm planning on a 3 miler today and Thursday with nothing on Friday plus some Tonga Toast Saturday morning. Cannot believe it's so close!!

maybe it's just me but i dont think ive ever trained for a 5k let alone a 10k.. i hardly train for a half marathon as it is LOL.. so bad i know. -_-

maybe it's just me but i dont think ive ever trained for a 5k let alone a 10k.. i hardly train for a half marathon as it is LOL.. so bad i know. -_-

Well, by "training" I mean "getting my lazy butt off the couch and moving". One thing I can guarantee though is that I'll have a PR this weekend ... because I've never run a 5K before, so I don't *HAVE* a PR :rotfl:

I'm bouncing back from a marathon on Saturday, so the past couple of days have been pretty lazy. If the weather holds up, I may get a light 3 miles in with my fiancee after work today, with nothing expected between then and the race -- we'll have to get to bed early tomorrow night so we can leave super early on Thursday, and Friday will be expo and park time.

Forecast I saw earlier looked like the rain would be moving out by the time we run (for now), but for anyone travelling south who hasn't done a runDisney race, FYI that it will probably be humid. Even though it will be dark, the humidity can knock you on your but if you aren't accustomed to it and don't back it off a bit from what you've done in nicer conditions.

I consider training whatever you do before a run...nothing could definitely qualify!

Everything I am seeing looks like the rain will be gone earlier in the day. We should have a cooler temp too - hopefully mid-high 60s!

Friday will be expo and park time.

Oh fudgeballs, I forgot about the Expo when I made FP for MK. I'm too lazy to dig my info out, what time does it open, and what time does it get crazy crowded? I'm planning on RD at MK and trying for an A&E mad dash to get there before a stupid line forms, then have FP for some of the characters and should be done with those around 12:30-12:45ish. I don't care about the NB shoes, I just need to pick up my stuff, is that going to be too late to avoid stupid crowds?

Oh fudgeballs, I forgot about the Expo when I made FP for MK. I'm too lazy to dig my info out, what time does it open, and what time does it get crazy crowded? I'm planning on RD at MK and trying for an A&E mad dash to get there before a stupid line forms, then have FP for some of the characters and should be done with those around 12:30-12:45ish. I don't care about the NB shoes, I just need to pick up my stuff, is that going to be too late to avoid stupid crowds?

Expo doesn't open till 11. It's open 11-7 on Friday

And with the small field of participants, there really isn't a 'big crowd' of people.

Echo the above regarding crowd not being significant with ~5,000 total participants. Even with the larger events, it's usually pretty smooth on picking up the bibs; it's just the New Balance and runDisney merchandise where the lines can get a bit unwieldy. You'll be fine no matter what time you get there to just grab what's necessary to run and get out.

Well, by "training" I mean "getting my lazy butt off the couch and moving". One thing I can guarantee though is that I'll have a PR this weekend ... because I've never run a 5K before, so I don't *HAVE* a PR :rotfl:

I am there with ya!! I have not been able to train for a month because of my plantar fasciitis..but I should be able to do this..If I can handle the parks in July, doing 3.1 at 10pm is a piece of cake
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter