• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Exiting Epcot from Le Cellier after the Park is Closed?

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
Anybody ever have a late ADR and finish after the park was closed?

Was it creepy to walk out? :goodvibes

I am torn between walking to the Beach Club and getting a cab or just walking over to the front entrance to pick up a bus.

Thanks,
pennyplanner

How late is your ADR? I guarantee there will still be people walking around. We have stayed as late as 10pm (closing at 9) just strolling slowly around WS after Illuminations. It's much better than fighting the crowds on the way out. There's never a lot of people around but always at least a few. Never creepy at all. PLUS, when we get to the bus stop, they just direct us to the first stop and ask us where we are going! We've had the bus to ourselves a few times.

Yeah, I think it would be very rare for enough people to have exited and few enough CMs left for it to feel "creepy." Besides you'll be too full of cheddar cheese soup and bread to notice. :thumbsup2

We left Le Cellier very late one night (we were not seated until 9:30) and the only people we saw were CM's. I don't know that I thought it was creepy though.

I've done this and I didn't think it was creepy - on the contrary, it was really cool. The park still has plenty of lights on, but it's very quiet. The cast members are still around cleaning and such...there are also a few other people leaving because there are many restaurants at EPCOT that all take reservations past closing time.

It's closer to leave through through the International Gateway, but, really, walking through the front of the park, with the ball lit up, is beautiful after closing.

I've done this and I didn't think it was creepy - on the contrary, it was really cool. The park still has plenty of lights on, but it's very quiet. The cast members are still around cleaning and such...there are also a few other people leaving because there are many restaurants at EPCOT that all take reservations past closing time.

It's closer to leave through through the International Gateway, but, really, walking through the front of the park, with the ball lit up, is beautiful after closing.

I agree. Last fall, I met several DISers for dinner one night at LeCellier. They were running way behind and we didn't get out until well after park closing. It was neat walking out without the crowds. There were still alot of CMs guiding people out and cleaning and still a few guests slowly strolling out, but the park was almost empty, music was playing, Spaceship Earth was all lit up, and it was sort of magical. Not spooky at all. The best thing was that the buses were almost empty and no one was standing. It was a great way to end the night.

The same is true for Hollywood Studios. We had a late ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe, finished up just before 930pm (park closed at 8pm). There was hardly anyone around, but it was so peaceful and beautiful walking through the park to the buses. Best of all, when we got outside the gates, they started the Fireworks from Illuminations so we were able to stand there and watch them before we walked to the bus. Definitely a bonus we didn't expect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter