Exercise breakthrough and hilarious happening

iLovDisney

The Dis'er formerly known as Mom-to-3. Add 1751 to
Today is a day that I honestly NEVER would have foreseen. I walked into Weight Watchers on 12/3/01 at 228 pounds, 5'10" and 38 years old. My attitude toward exercise: If it makes me sweat -- forget it.

I walked with my dog and my kids through December and January. Then my dog died and my husband's job went wacky. I switched to the Walk Away the Pounds videos because walking outdoors made me cry about my dog. I always muted the videos and listened to loud inspirational music. One day, as I was doing the video, the mile indicator on the tape told me that it was almost over. Out loud I said the words, "But I'm not ready to quit yet." I stopped dead in my tracks -- was that me?

On our family's spring break vacation (at HGVC Orlando), my son and I headed out on the walking path and I was feeling energetic. He suggested we run a little and he counted our steps -- 30-40.

Today I ran one mile without stopping in 13:23. (That's minutes/seconds not hours/minutes. ha ha) I sat down next to the pathway and was stunned. After resting a while, I ran back (another mile) without stopping in just under 13 minutes. I ran very slowly each way, but I kept moving.

Actually, I had to pause on the way home because MY UNDERWEAR WAS FALLING DOWN!!! See the funny lady standing to the side with her hand in her pants!

No one in my family can believe I'm still doing the exercise thing. I'm stunned too.

You all have been a huge source of support and help. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Mary

That is AWESOME!!!:) Congrats and keep it up!! It actually brought a tear to my eye. You have inspired me!!! Think I will look for one of my old videos and try a little exercise myself. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter