Exercise bike- has anyone bought in last year or 2?

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
If you could recommend it which model is it? And if you are 5’2 does it fit you?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I bought one directly from Sunny. I did some research and it had some of the recommended qualities like magnetic resistance and the weight of the fly wheel (44 lb). I had some issues with assembly and their customer service was terrible. It took weeks of going back and forth, a replacement part, and an extra tool I had to purchase to get the bike put together correctly. I like the quality of the bike now that it’s all put together,, but their customer service is terrible and I would not recommend them at all. I read reviews of the company after I started having communication issues with them and there were a lot of complaints about their customer service. Maybe it's better to go through Amazon to purchase their products.

I bought one directly from Sunny. I did some research and it had some of the recommended qualities like magnetic resistance and the weight of the fly wheel (44 lb). I had some issues with assembly and their customer service was terrible. It took weeks of going back and forth, a replacement part, and an extra tool I had to purchase to get the bike put together correctly. I like the quality of the bike now that it’s all put together,, but their customer service is terrible and I would not recommend them at all. I read reviews of the company after I started having communication issues with them and there were a lot of complaints about their customer service. Maybe it's better to go through Amazon to purchase their products.
Or, it could be why things like the Paleton (spelling?) is $1500 and the knockoffs are $400?

Or, it could be why things like the Paleton (spelling?) is $1500 and the knockoffs are $400?
I agree, the more you pay the better the service and quality better be. Peloton includes assembly, I would've happily paid Sunny to assemble it if they offered that. I didn't get a Peloton because I didn't need a screen or access to the Peloton app, I use Les Mills. Plus I don't like spin cycles enough to invest a couple grand, if I were going spend that much I'd rather get an elliptical.

We bought a Peloton (DS and DW insisted - not my idea). I use it daily and love it (they...don't). The seat adjusts down far enough for someone your size, but the handlebars are a little bit of a reach. The top female Peloton trainers are your size though so obviously it works. Maybe try one out in a showroom if you have doubts. We bough the previous year model - the new ones adjust the resistance for you and the screen rotates so you can do the floor exercises with the same monitor. I kinda like adjusting the resistance myself and you can buy a Roku enabled TV for less than the difference in price between the two models and use the Peloton app on the TV for all the non-bike related exercises (that's what I did). BTW - the non-bike Peloton classes are every bit as good and useful as the bike classes - be sure and take advantage of both.

As I believe Kittyblue has done, I saw a Youtube video about it and there is a way to use a non-Peloton bike with the Peloton classes, but you have to have a tablet mounted to the bike and some other equipment to display resistance and "bike speed". Your results won't display on the Peloton screen and you can't track your workouts through the Peloton app though, plus it seemed a little too complicated to set up for me. Just get the Peloton if you can afford it - way easier.

If I were in the market for a smart bike it would be a Tacx NEO. I don't buy any sports tech without checking our DC Rainmaker's site first so I highly suggest going there for any of his smart bike and smart trainer reviews.

I second DC Rainmaker's site before you purchase anything. This is the site I go to before I make any purchase for training.

If you already have a road bike look at purchasing a trainer instead as it would be much cheaper. A bike trainer is basically a stand you put your road or tri bike on and ride to nowhere in your house. Once again, check out the DC Rainmaker site for bike trainers. If you are only using one to stay in shape and not train, I would suggest a Saris Fluid 2 trainer.

ETA after reading Lumpy's post - I am only 5'2" as well but my height comes from my legs and I have a shorter upper body with shorter arms. Stationary bikes are very uncomfortable for me because it have to stretch so far for the handlebars. If you have a longer upper body and shorter legs a stationary bike would probably be more comfortable for you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter