Excursion Questions

Proudeagle

Earning My Ears
This is the first time that our family (Kids are 8 and 9) will be cruising. Booked on the 4-day Wonder at the end of March with a stop in Freeport. What are the best excursions at Nassau and Freeport? Has anyone been on the all-day nature excursion with the kayaking and hiking? I've read that some people just stay on board the ship and enjoy the less-crowded atmosphere.

Thanks for your advice and comments.

For the Nassau day we went to the Blue Lagoon. There has been a wide variety of opinions on this excursion. Some like it some don't. We (dh and ds 11) happen to have enjoyed ourselves. As first time cruisers and first time snorkelers, we found it to be very nice and quiet. It is also one of the least expensive excursions. This was important for us because we were trying to stay within a budget. We liked it enough that we are going again in June and bringing my sister and her family.

I have seen that alot of people like to stay on the ship, but have said that if it is your first trip to a least get off for a visit.

If you are into waterslides, booking a room at the Atlantis is an option. This way you get to use the slides, which is not cover in the Atlantis day excursion. There is also another hotel very close that allows for the slides as well. This I hear is a bit more expensive.

You'll have fun whatever you do with Disney!

My son and I will also be on that trip. I was considering the Discover Atlantis excursion in Nassau. I am afraid the weather maybe too cold to want to do much in the way of water sports. My son and I went about this time last year on the 3 day Wonder and while we had fun at Castaway Cay, the water did seem rather cool. I think for us, two days in the ocean maybe too much and we definitely want to enjoy ourselves at Castaway again.

Have a great cruise.

Dottie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter