Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report) - June '15 - completed 10/23 - Page 31

Does seem like a pretty cool pool with great themeing. - nice to have a somewhat relaxing day in the middle of a trip to Disney

I definitely feel the same way even when we just walk by the crystal store or even the Art of Disney store and that even if my kids look at the store 1/2 the merchandise will break.

Love the people mover poster - though it promises that this is the transportation of the future so I am not picturing millions of miles of people mover track all across the country

Glad things worked out in the end with Emily's souvenir purchase - definitely been there when they indicate what they want and thinking to myself "really? of all the options THAT is what you pick?"

Of course, we got a percentage off thanks to the Disney Visa card, so "woo hoo!" for that!

Question about this... do you link your Disney Visa to your magic bands? Does it still give you the discount that way? I'm pretty sure we didn't get a discount on anything we bought because I just used the band - even though it was linked to our Disney Visa.

Totally love your last update. I'm sure I have missed a few in the middle. I haven't been on the DIS too much lately. Getting caught up one TR at a time.

Love your pictures of CBR. They are really pretty. Makes me totally want to stay there and go to the pool!

Fun times in DTD. I seriously do not miss the days of kids wanting everything in sight. I am so glad Emily made a good choice with her Baby D. Such a cute picture.

We will back in the world in a few weeks. Looking forward to checking out DTD again. They've done a great job with it.

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of La Nouba!

Another great update!

I do have four, brief lines of notes, however, starting with "Up at 9:30". Yep, that pretty says it like it is. But 9:30? In Disney?

9:30am? Good God! Our trip is getting close enough that I am starting to have Disney vacation nightmares ..... you are there but wake up late and miss most of the day ..... you are getting ready to leave for home and can't remember anything you did on the trip , etc ,etc, etc ..... shutter.

Those were both taken from up by the pool slide. Here's where you, the reader, get the opportunity to play Where are "Dylan, Emily, and Jon?"

{Waving frantically} "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Pick me! Pick me!"

Did you happen to spot the Monkey Cupcake, in the plastic box? If not, here it is again:

That cupcake looks delicious!

We get ready, and we're getting gussied up tonight:

Kristin looks very pretty in her tropical print dress. That would be perfect for the Polynesian.

And she loves Baby D to this day. I was wrong. She chose wisely. Much better choice than Pluto!

Several years ago Emily bought a baseball hat with Roxy printed on it. No Disney markings, just Roxy. The purchase was made the first night we were there at a shop in the Contemporary while we waited for our Chef Mickey's ADR. She regretted the purchase a couple days later when she saw other things that she would have rather spent her money on. We still have that hat somewhere collecting dust.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your evening.

Adorable family...Awesome writing.
Thanks for updating the review!

Thank you! I've been going close to a week without updating, so I try to post A LOT when I do update. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Does seem like a pretty cool pool with great themeing. - nice to have a somewhat relaxing day in the middle of a trip to Disney

We weren't "breakers" until last year, but love it now. With a 12-day trip, it's almost a no-brainer.

I definitely feel the same way even when we just walk by the crystal store or even the Art of Disney store and that even if my kids look at the store 1/2 the merchandise will break.

I remember the now-gone Andy Richter comedy (forget the name, though :)), where he said "as a writer, I think about worst case scenarios." Don't know that I'm technically a writer, but I absolutely do think about those scenarios. For example, when scaling the stairs at a water slide, I stay back from the railing, because I COULD technically stumble and, because of my height, hit the railing and flip over it, tumbling to my death. I also have a serious issue getting out of the house when leaving on extended trips, because I'm certain I failed to do something that will prevent the house from burning to the ground in my absence. Yes, I know it's insane. It's tough to kick, though. I'm trying!

Love the people mover poster - though it promises that this is the transportation of the future so I am not picturing millions of miles of people mover track all across the country.

In spite of its lack of speed, I would totally take a People Mover to work!

Glad things worked out in the end with Emily's souvenir purchase - definitely been there when they indicate what they want and thinking to myself "really? of all the options THAT is what you pick?"

I'm sure people could criticize my purchases similarly :)

Question about this... do you link your Disney Visa to your magic bands? Does it still give you the discount that way? I'm pretty sure we didn't get a discount on anything we bought because I just used the band - even though it was linked to our Disney Visa.

We link our Discover card to the bands, so unfortunately, I don't know. That stinks if linking the Visa to the band doesn't get you the discount!

Totally love your last update. I'm sure I have missed a few in the middle. I haven't been on the DIS too much lately. Getting caught up one TR at a time.

No worries! Always appreciate your comments! You believed in me when others didn't ;)

Ok, that's a bit overdramatic, but still....thanks!

Love your pictures of CBR. They are really pretty. Makes me totally want to stay there and go to the pool!

Pool hop :)

We loved the resort. Just walking around it made me happy.

Fun times in DTD. I seriously do not miss the days of kids wanting everything in sight. I am so glad Emily made a good choice with her Baby D. Such a cute picture.

Now, it's the adults who want everything in sight!

We will back in the world in a few weeks. Looking forward to checking out DTD again. They've done a great job with it.

They have! There's still a lot of construction, but it wasn't really as much of a mess as I thought it would be.

Another great update!

Thank you! I got on a roll last night and didn't want to stop :)

9:30am? Good God! Our trip is getting close enough that I am starting to have Disney vacation nightmares ..... you are there but wake up late and miss most of the day ..... you are getting ready to leave for home and can't remember anything you did on the trip , etc ,etc, etc ..... shutter.

Oh yeah, I had those :)

{Waving frantically} "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Pick me! Pick me!"

Go for it!

That cupcake looks delicious!

It was beyond delicious.

Kristin looks very pretty in her tropical print dress. That would be perfect for the Polynesian.

It would! We do try to coordinate our outfits based on where we're going.

I also do the bizarre "don't wear Epcot shirts to Epcot, etc." thing, but cheated on that when I realized my Haunted Mansion shirt glows in the dark, and MK is the most blacklight-heavy park at WDW :)

Several years ago Emily bought a baseball hat with Roxy printed on it. No Disney markings, just Roxy. The purchase was made the first night we were there at a shop in the Contemporary while we waited for our Chef Mickey's ADR. She regretted the purchase a couple days later when she saw other things that she would have rather spent her money on. We still have that hat somewhere collecting dust.

Our kids are getting better at holding off on purchases, but Em still has some work to do. She initially fought our request that she wait until DTD to buy the stuffed animal. Without the discount argument, it would've been worse!

I just like the fact you used the work Jag-u-lar. That is all. :wave2:

Oh, it goes well beyond that.

I also warn our kids that the Jag-u-lar perched atop the slide will shout, "Hallooooo!" before pouncing on us. So they'd better watch for that.

Whoa, big update! I of course love the pool pics. The theming of that pool is just great.

Nice food court pics. They have some good choices there.

Glad Emily got a baby Duffy and that she still likes it. We've had that same argument over stuffed animals many times. I usually lose.

There is a Madame Leota antenna topper?!?!?!?!? I need one. We have the glow in the dark hitchhiking ghost, but I think I need to add that one this year. Orange Bird is currently residing on my antenna.

How was Downtown Disney this year with the refurb? It was such a mess last fall, I'm dreading it, but maybe it's a tad better? We'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow! Told the kids last Thursday.

We've had that same argument over stuffed animals many times. I usually lose.

No kidding!

Emily got a kick out of the how many animals your daughters bring to WDW :)

There is a Madame Leota antenna topper?!?!?!?!? I need one. We have the glow in the dark hitchhiking ghost, but I think I need to add that one this year. Orange Bird is currently residing on my antenna.

There is! It's the tombstone, and it's awesome. It's on my car right now.

What I have currently:

Madame Leota
Hitchhiking Ghost
Generic Mickey Head (formerly Super Mickey, until the arms, legs, and cape fell/were pulled off)
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Orange Bird

What I've had stolen:

Orange Test Track (one of my faves, and no longer available)
Nemo
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Several others I cherished so much I don't recall what they are

Actually, Nemo might still be around somewhere, but I don't think so.

How was Downtown Disney this year with the refurb? It was such a mess last fall, I'm dreading it, but maybe it's a tad better? We'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow! Told the kids last Thursday.

Not bad. A lot of construction, but it doesn't really inhibit any movement. Definitely better than last year, IMO.

Busing was no problem. Not sure how driving would be.

Three weeks? Nice! I forget - are you back at CBR?

Emily got a kick out of the how many animals your daughters bring to WDW :)

That's fantastic. They are already planning on which ones to bring this year.

There is! It's the tombstone, and it's awesome. It's on my car right now.

What I have currently:

Madame Leota
Hitchhiking Ghost
Generic Mickey Head (formerly Super Mickey, until the arms, legs, and cape fell/were pulled off)
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Orange Bird

What I've had stolen:

Orange Test Track (one of my faves, and no longer available)
Nemo
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Several others I cherished so much I don't recall what they are

Actually, Nemo might still be around somewhere, but I don't think so.

Whoa! Let's see, we have Hitching Ghost, Orange Bird, 4th of July Mickey, Castle, Mickey in a rain poncho, Nemo, Jack Skellington, Regular Minnie, and the "seasonal/holiday" Mickeys. There might be a few more, but I think that's it. Haven't had any stolen yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

Not bad. A lot of construction, but it doesn't really inhibit any movement. Definitely better than last year, IMO.

Busing was no problem. Not sure how driving would be.

Very good to know! And no, we're not at CBR this year. Wanted to try POR, so we can take the boats to DD. I am really looking forward to that! We do feel like we're cheating on CBR, though.

Three weeks? Nice! I forget - are you back at CBR?

See Above. :)

Okay, I'm back and caught up.

Love your MK and Epcot days, although the rain could have gone away.

I'm glad you finally got on the Mine Ride...despite it being "too short", I love it and think it fits perfectly where it is situated.

I skipped the pictures of It's a Small World...sorry, just can't do it! :laughing:

I'm not a fan of Test Track either...I miss the old version.

And I'm with you...we definitely have seen Biergarten go down in quality over the years. We went about four years ago and haven't been back (and probably won't with much better places to eat in our judgment). But we always stop for one of those grapefruit beers for my husband.

You guys clean up real nice.

I can't believe Em got another Duffy.

I've never seen the show so anxious to hear about it.

It's a lot of fun! We don't really have anything like it that close to us, either. We have a German restaurant, which we love, but there's no show :(
We don't even have a German restaurant near us in my hometown (we do have a belgian place though), or where I go to college. So it makes me really excited to try it!

Oh well, no time for that now. Let's swim!
I'm loving the theming of the pool! Great pictures, too.

Did you happen to spot the Monkey Cupcake, in the plastic box? If not, here it is again:

That looks delicious! Peanut butter, chocolate, and banana? Yum. :-)

Can't wait to hear about La Nouba!

Okay, now I NEED a WDW themed antenna topper. What have I been thinking driving around with a naked antenna all this time? The CBR pool looks amazing. I was leaning toward POR for our next trip, but your pics have me thinking that CBR is a better choice.

Can't wait to read the next installment. If only my students' essays were as entertaining! :D

Finally had time to catch up on your report. Love your photos, especially of CBR, and your family is fantastic!

I'm really enjoying your trip report. You've got some great photos. Makes me wish I had taken even more than I took! I may have missed this somewhere, but have you told the actual June dates of the trip? We were there May 28-June 6th. I have tried to use your weather/rainy times to see if our trip overlapped, but can't figure it out. We got a lot of use out of our ponchos too!

We link our Discover card to the bands, so unfortunately, I don't know. That stinks if linking the Visa to the band doesn't get you the discount!

From what I've read as a new Disney Visa cardmember, you have to present the actual card to receive the discount at restaurants, etc. It will be a pain, but worth it to save at all the various TS restaurants we have planned for our Jan trip.

Thanks for a fabulous trip report!

Thanks for sharing the highlights of your family adventure. The photos are wonderful and your storytelling is charming!

From what I've read as a new Disney Visa cardmember, you have to present the actual card to receive the discount at restaurants, etc. It will be a pain, but worth it to save at all the various TS restaurants we have planned for our Jan trip.

Thanks for a fabulous trip report!

Well that would have been good to know! No wonder I hardly accumulated any points on my Visa from that trip. Lesson learned for next time!
As far as dining goes, I guess the discount doesn't matter if you're on a dining plan.

Well that would have been good to know! No wonder I hardly accumulated any points on my Visa from that trip. Lesson learned for next time!
As far as dining goes, I guess the discount doesn't matter if you're on a dining plan.

You should have still accumulated reward points. While you weren't presenting the Disney Visa card directly - so no discount on the purchase - the charge would ultimately end up on your Disney Visa card since it was linked to your MB. It would be included when the resort does the settlement of room charges once those charges reach a certain amount (it's different for resort levels, i.e. deluxe). That's how it's worked for us in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter