Exciting anniversary date ideas for him?

April scott

Earning My Ears
Me and my husband are coming up on our 4th anniversary in February. Every year he takes me to a fancy restaurant in the Sydney, but this year i'd like to surprise him and treat him to a romantic evening. but im not looking for another boring food and music joint, something more exciting and entertaining.

got suggestions? All ideas are appreciated!

What do you like to do?

Do you like theatre and is there a good production at the time of your anniversary? How about the symphony or a concert - if weather is nice maybe an outdoor concert and take a picnic supper - wine, cheese, good bread. Or an outdoor movie? Maybe an overnight (or two) stay at a nice resort?

What do you like to do?

Do you like theatre and is there a good production at the time of your anniversary? How about the symphony or a concert - if weather is nice maybe an outdoor concert and take a picnic supper - wine, cheese, good bread. Or an outdoor movie? Maybe an overnight (or two) stay at a nice resort?
we don't usually usually watch theatre, but i suppose there's a first time for everything. outdoor concerts are fine actually, we're both into hip-hop and classic rock. i was initially thinking of a romantic setting with great food and entertainment. it can be anywhere in Sydney.

Is he into romantic outings, or does he do the fancy restaurants because he knows it is something you love and he loves you? If not, do not put "it has to be romantic" at the top of your criteria.

Best way to a successful surprise is to start with what the surprisee absolutely loves, and something they wouldn't pay for / choose themselves.

For example: if he is into hiking and always wanted to do a certain trail, now is a good moment to do this together (and you can include a romantic picnic at the top).

Start with his interests if you want to surprise him.

Last edited:
If you want to surprise him, you need to look at his interests...

If it's me, I'd like a comedy club, a sporting event, a touristy thing we haven't done, or a stage show. Even going an hour or two away for one of those and then getting a hotel for the night would be good.

BUT, again, if it was me, if *I* had already made plans for us, then found out YOU had made plans for the same night, I'd be a little "something" (don't know if it would be disappointed, upset, or something else). Just something else to think about.

wow I didn't think of it like that. it's definitely the second part lol. impressive! and thanks. I'll put more thinking into the surprise.
Is he into romantic outings, or does he do the fancy restaurants because he knows it is something you love and he loves you? If not, do not put "it has to be romantic" at the top of your criteria.

Best way to a successful surprise is to start with what the surprisee absolutely loves, and something they wouldn't pay for / choose themselves.

For example: if he is into hiking and always wanted to do a certain trail, now is a good moment to do this together (and you can include a romantic picnic at the top).

Start with his interests if you want to surprise him.

If you want to surprise him, you need to look at his interests...

If it's me, I'd like a comedy club, a sporting event, a touristy thing we haven't done, or a stage show. Even going an hour or two away for one of those and then getting a hotel for the night would be good.

BUT, again, if it was me, if *I* had already made plans for us, then found out YOU had made plans for the same night, I'd be a little "something" (don't know if it would be disappointed, upset, or something else). Just something else to think about.
nope, I've asked him to make this my turn to surprise him. we both know something's comin'. As for interests, he likes sports, books, fishing, and driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter