Excited for the Merry & Bright Dessert Party - reviewed with pics

We're going too!! I was on the cell phone at 6am (CST) this morning on the way to work... sat on hold for about 15 minutes, but it was worth it!

I have a reservation for Dec 7th but have to decide if I am keeping it or not. There is no assigned seating. First come first serve.. My reservation says 7pm til 8:30 (Lights get turned on at 6) Fantasmic is at 8:30. Lights stay on for one hour after park closes which this night the park closes at 8pm. IF the area is the same as it was for the Frozen stuff last year-- can you see the lights? or just the end of the street lights?

It is pre-paid. You can cancel one day before the event. This is what I read on another thread:

They said "doors" open at 6- first come first serve on open seating- it's a good idea to get there early to pick a good spot- some seats have a blocked view of the lights. Once you have the seats you can go in and out as you please

I am excited too! I think it will be very nice to be able to sit, relax, and enjoy the music and lights. :yay:

I'm going as well. Changed my plans and going Dec 6th. Figured since this was the last year, I would splurge on it.

We also decided to do this instead of the Christmas party. Was this same event run last year? Just wondering if there were any reviews.

I have a reservation for Dec 7th but have to decide if I am keeping it or not. There is no assigned seating. First come first serve.. My reservation says 7pm til 8:30 (Lights get turned on at 6) Fantasmic is at 8:30. Lights stay on for one hour after park closes which this night the park closes at 8pm. IF the area is the same as it was for the Frozen stuff last year-- can you see the lights? or just the end of the street lights?

Would love to know this to, we just found out about this and want to do it but not if it's not good seating.

While you can see down New York Street from where the seating will be - you really need to be out walking around to see everything. I have a 7:25 p.m. dinner reserved at Hollywood & Vine on our Studios night, so we'll brave the crowds when the lights are first turned on, then go to dinner.

You can come and go as many times as you want (to walk around the lights). You are paying for the desserts and the brochure says you get a complimentary stadium blanket.

Last time to see the Lights in Hollywood so we are splurging and going to do this. Since they will let you walk around and come and go as many times as you want, I think it will be fine.

I was debating whether to do this dessert party or not, but we decided to splurge as this will be the last year we can experience the Osborne lights. It's going to be a memorable one for us.

Hope everybody has a wonderful time, and stops back by to let us know how it was. Wish I could see them one last time, but my awesome memories will have to do! :)

We also decided to do this instead of the Christmas party. Was this same event run last year? Just wondering if there were any reviews.
Last year there was a Frozen-themed dessert party, which sounds similar to this year's party, although it was part of a larger package that had other events besides the dessert party. I found a couple reviews of last year's party for comparison purposes.

Review: “Frozen” Premium Package and Dessert Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (also describes how they handle the event in case of adverse weather)
Frozen Premium Package Review (scroll about 1/3 of the way down to get to the dessert party review)

Last edited:
DD9 and I enjoyed the party on Wednesday, November 11. Doors opened at 6:00, party started at 7:00 and the event is over at 8:30. We got there just a few minutes before 7:00 and many of the seats were taken (so word to the wise - get there early!) You go under the large globe and there is a podium for check-ins. I just gave my name and how many in my party and we were signed in. They gave us stickers to wear through the event
135619-c7593b9c7b081c3fb8d5b2e8be1f39be.jpg
and said we could get our complimentary blankets (available in red or blue) anytime during the party. We also received paper glasses we could wear that make single lights look like candy canes - those were so much fun! The tables were simply decorated with the color-changing ice cubes placed in a votive - it was very pretty and blended in nicely with the atmosphere. One cast member was going around to all of the children asking for their "autographs" in her autograph book. My daughter felt like a princess and had me take a picture of her to commemorate the moment. It was a really nice touch. IMG_3044.jpg
The desserts were delicious! In addition to the 6 plated desserts, there was also caramel apple pie and peach pie, both served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wanted. IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3053.jpg IMG_3055.jpg IMG_3054.jpg My daughter and I couldn't agree about which was the tastiest but we both agreed there was plenty to fill us both up. In addition to cold cider and punch, there was also canned soda and water and for the adults, 4 specialty mixed drinks.IMG_3058.jpg IMG_3059.jpg Because I was driving and it was just DD9 and myself, I didn't partake of any of the adult beverages so I can't say how they were but the punch and cider were both very tasty. Afterwards, there was hot tea, coffee, and hot chocolate as well. IMG_3050.jpg Of course, the lights were the highlight. There was plenty of viewing space and although we sat at a table toward the back, we could still see the dancing lights. Once the crowds started to dissipate, we took a table towards the front and sat there enjoying the beautiful lights and music. This was one event I will never forget and feel so blessed I had the opportunity to experience. It was totally worth the money and a definite highlight.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter