Exchange rate at all time low

So if i budget around 10 percent as a nice even number on top of our estimated food costs that would work.

Thank you

So how do you actually work out tax?
Is there a list of what the tax is? or do you just add 20% and then hope it is less in some locations?

IN U.K & Europe The items one buys has a Price tag ... & That is the Price you pay at check out

Milk say is £ 1 That is the price you pay

In USA Milk is listed at ( Say ) $ 1 BUT SALES Tax is added at Check out .... this varies from county to

county So your $ 1 milk could cost you $ 1 .25 or $ 1.30 depending on which county you are in

in Florida ......... Cinema Ticket costs ? Plus Tax

Well the euro hit parity with the dollar today.
GBP still about 1.2 of either for £1.

Just sayin' ... I've no idea what it really means :confused3
Interesting times.

Just back from a trip. If you are looking to save some money I would suggest you dont need to get Genie + everyday. If you are staying at Disney and can take advantage of the early opening at parks you can easily avoid the need for Genie + at all parks with the exception of Magic Kingdom, especially if you plan to visit each park more than once. Genie+ is very good for MK where you can stack a lot of LL for the evening.

Just back from a trip. If you are looking to save some money I would suggest you dont need to get Genie + everyday. If you are staying at Disney and can take advantage of the early opening at parks you can easily avoid the need for Genie + at all parks with the exception of Magic Kingdom, especially if you plan to visit each park more than once. Genie+ is very good for MK where you can stack a lot of LL for the evening.
After some research I had decided MK and HS days will be the only time I buy it. That's 5 park days for us out of 10. My 14 year old's only priority is everything star wars, so will also mean ILL for RotR as well. Oh well, during lockdowns I would have paid anything to go and so I shouldn't complain I am getting to.go one more time 😁

After some research I had decided MK and HS days will be the only time I buy it. That's 5 park days for us out of 10. My 14 year old's only priority is everything star wars, so will also mean ILL for RotR as well. Oh well, during lockdowns I would have paid anything to go and so I shouldn't complain I am getting to.go one more time 😁
If you get at Hollywood for rope drop you can do both Star War rides with a minimal wait. No need to buy individual LL. You won’t wait more than 20 mins.

I got some dollars from a pre pandemic planned trip. Lucky I got the dining credit and 250 spending money.

Dinner and a snack a day paid for. Guess a Amazon shop is now the way forward for breakfast

From a Reuters daily digest today: "But the poor global growth outlook implies the dollar will stay strong for a while yet."
It's hard to see anything that will make much difference to exchange rates for now,
though our new PM might manage it :rotfl2:

The first time I went (as a child) in 1979 it was $2.35, can you imagine? I would need an extra case for all the merchandise I would purchase 🤣

The first time I went (as a child) in 1979 it was $2.35, can you imagine? I would need an extra case for all the merchandise I would purchase 🤣
We went to San Francisco in the winter of 2007 when it hit $2.10/£1 - it also happened to be Black Friday while we were there - I think we both pretty much replaced our entire wardrobes that trip!

So we got back from our trip last week, and prices over there have got ridiculous now. Some of that is down to the exchange rate, but prices have also gone up massively in dollars. The only bargains to be had there now is the fuel (half the price of back home).

Glad to say that breakfast at Dennys is still reasonable though, for the amount of food you get. Really recommend them.

Starting to think we probably shouldn't have complained in July. Disney will need some pretty big deals next year to bring in UK customers - we have used points and purchased points for an excellent deal but still considering adjusting or not going..because with everything else going on.. not great.

Starting to think we probably shouldn't have complained in July. Disney will need some pretty big deals next year to bring in UK customers - we have used points and purchased points for an excellent deal but still considering adjusting or not going..because with everything else going on.. not great.

Just came back and it was excruciating. Worst was Disney springs where three regular sized bottles of drink came to about £18 and we just put them back.

Can recommend chase account though. 1% cashback and no exchange fees at least minimised the pain but we’re a far cry from the $1.6 or so it’s been for most of my life.

Just came back and it was excruciating. Worst was Disney springs where three regular sized bottles of drink came to about £18 and we just put them back.

Can recommend chase account though. 1% cashback and no exchange fees at least minimised the pain but we’re a far cry from the $1.6 or so it’s been for most of my life.
Eek that sounds like us when we went to norway on a cruise a few years back. Just drank their incredible tap water and waited to get back on board to eat or drink. I think a coke in a bar was around £6 no thank you. I will have 2 suitcases spare on the way out there thinking it might be worth filling with snacks for the parks and robinsons squashies. If american coke tastes anything like the stuff we had on the cruise i wont be drinking it anyway so artificially sweet. Considering getting a bottle with a water filter on and just refilling that.
If the dining plan is around by Jan might consider getting it for the 5 days we are in the resort even if we have the food and merch card (providing that can be used on other days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter