Excellent DLP DVD!!

Bexx

DIS Veteran
I hope I'm allowed to post this, but has anyone else seen Ted Tamburo's Disneyland Paris DVD?!! It's Wonderful!!

I found out he'd actually done such a thing when reading a review of his Animal Kingdom DVD on MiceAge, so I took the plunge and ordered both the DLP and AK ones!! Definitely worth the money!!!

And here's what he emailed me when I enquired about them -

"Each DVD shows the complete park and all the major attractions with in
them. They have all been edited with great care and scored to music
for the park overview areas, the ride footage uses the actual on board
music and sounds would would hear in real life. Each DVD also includes
bonus materials such as a look at the hotels and so forth. In addition
the bonus materials include scans of guide books, attraction posters
and so on.

These DVDs were made by a fan for other fans who appreciate the care
and detail Disney puts into the parks."

Each DVD costs $30 - the DLP one is two hours long (and the AK one is FOUR!!!) He also advises that you have a Region 1/Free player, but I have found that mine WILL play on our Region 2 player as well - But I don't know if that's just a fluke!!

Apparently there is a preview of the Disneyland Paris DVD here - but I couldn't get it to run. Try it anyway!!!

The preview looks absolutely superb, runs with Quicktime BTW. I'll definately be ordering one of these. Thanks for the link Becky. :flower:

Glad the link worked for you Jill!! BTW the shipping cost to the UK is a flat rate of $14, and he accepts Paypal or you can send him a money order. You can email him for the details at disney-DVD-tour@earthlink.net

I saw this on eBay and considered buying it. The clip looked great, how much footage of the hotels do they have, Becky? Is Disney Studios featured?

Thanks!

:wizard:

The six Disney hotels (no Camp Davy Crocket) take up about a minute each. It shows both the interior and exterior of each one, plus one of the bedrooms at the Disneyland Hotel. It gives you a good idea of what they are like.

There is a Disney Studios bit, but it's very brief - about six minutes, as oppose to the 90 minutes spent at the other park!! It does show a tiny bit of the Armageddon, and a bit more of both the Moteurs Action show and the tram tour. Again it gives a flavour of the place - nothing more.

I bought mine from ebay, but was somewhat under-whelmed by it :rolleyes:

The official DLRP DVD in my opinion is much better, even with cheesy family ;)

Reid

Cyrano said:
:rolleyes:

Reid

Where would you get the 'official' Cyrano?

The official DLRP DVD in my opinion is much better, even with cheesy family

Actually, I think the two DVDs compliment each other rather well, as Ted's doesn't show anything of the night time parades, but I prefer his "first person" approach in the Disneyland Park, without said cheesy family!! ;)

Nik - I think you can only buy it at the resort, though someone else might know if it's possible to buy mail order.

Cyrano said:
I bought mine from ebay, but was somewhat under-whelmed by it :rolleyes:

Reid
Hi Reid :wave:

What did you find underwhelming about? How is the picture/sound quality?

Thanks!

:wizard:

Ted's doesn't show anything of the night time parades

I'd should have clarified here that his DVD doesn't actually show any of the parades - daytime or evening.

What did you find underwhelming about? How is the picture/sound quality?

I know I'm not Reid, but as I'm posting can I just say that -

Yes, sometimes it has a home movie feel to it and some of the panning shots are a little fast. But he has an artistic eye which captures DLP very nicely, uses some good music, and the picture and sound quality are actually very good. IMHO!!

Picture and sound were on the whole very good. Some bits did had a home movie feel too it, but at times that adds to the charm.

I just felt no sparkle from it :confused3 Download sites like www.dlrp.co.uk provide better fare IMHO.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter