Exactly what is the Rain Forest room?

MrsZ

Disney Bride*AP Holder*Tiki Room fan*Mermaid*
I know this must sounds ridiculous so the seasoned cruisers out there but can someone explain it?:confused3

DH and I have been on two cruises and we have done spa treatments on both. They are great but are a lot of $$$. Our next cruise is an Alaskan and we would rather spend the money on excursion and crab legs! :rotfl2:

I hear the rain forest room is $16.00, but you have to pre-purchase... where can you pre-purchase? What does the day pass include? If you've been on the Wonder what does the rain forest room look like what do you do in there?? Would you say it is worth it?

TIA!:goodvibes

You don't have to prepurchase, you can also purchase a pass on board. Basically it is a co-ed steam room, shower, sauna and heated lounge area with access to the locker and changing areas. Everyone wears a swimsuit. As I recall, neither the Wonder nor the Magic have hot tubs, but the newer ships do. I recommend the heated loungers, they are very relaxing. I believe DCL also sells an exfoliating scrub for use in the Rainforest, but I've never wanted to exfoliate in public!

Below is a pic of 2 of the showers in the Rain Forest Room on the Dream.

RainforestShower.jpg

Whether the Rain Forest is worth it is sort of subjective.

I did a cruise long pass for both of my Alaska trips (in '11 and '12). Although it was warm for Alaska in 2011 (upper 70s), for this Florida girl I oddly enjoyed every opportunity to sit and steam (had to stay hot and humid I guess:roll eyes:).

I'd go every night after dinner and relax during the days as well if I got too chilled (especially on the May, 2012 trip). For me, sitting in the steam rooms and lounging around helped keep me warm and relaxed.

There were 3 different rooms (a dry room with heated loungers where I'd nap/read ; a smaller steamier room and a REALLY small-think 1 to 2 people max very hot and steamy room) and I'd pop between the 3,showering off between them to cool down and consuming lots of water. After I was done, I'd then use the shower area in the spa to take a nice shower and use the larger vanity to repair my face, dry my hair, etc.

But I'm sure sitting around doing nothing could get boring for some and wouldn't be worth the $$$. So, think about what relaxes you and whether that sounds worth it.

I can't speak for the day pass but for my week long ones (both on the Wonder and Fantasy)---yes.

Once you purchase the pass (with a gratuity automatically included-I don't know when that changed..sometime between 5/2012 and 3/2014 I guess) you receive a sticker that is placed on the room key. On the Fantasy the room key is exchanged for a wrist band which has an RFID chip which then opens the sensor for the Rainforest Room. My experience on the Wonder is a little dated so I might be incorrect but when I was on it, I would turn in my key to the front desk personnel and they'd just wave me back. At that time there was just a door separating the Rainforest Room from the rest of the spa/gym area-don't know if they've reimagined that with a lock like the newer ships.

On more than one occasion I did a morning visit and evening visit. The front desk people knew me on sight on both ships:)

Oh thank you all so much for your information!

I completely get what you're saying Tink1970!! Dh and I are excited about this cruise but we are use to cruising the caribbean... not Alaska. This is more for the DMIL and DFIL who will be joining us... maybe just to keep warm and feel like I'm close to the equator I should do it!!

We have bought week-long passes on both the Dream and the Fantasy.

We will take a tour of the one on the Wonder before we decide if we want day passes or week long passes.

MrsZ- have a great time-- I loved my Alaska cruises!

Dbarker- the Wonder is smaller than Dream/Fantasy but still an oasis
PS I spent a lot of time in Waco during college years (A&M grad)... Miss Texas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter