Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an issue with our account which is preventing us from declining MagicBands. Issue was escalated to IT, but nothing came of it. Since we can't decline, I've started using our initials and check-in date when I customize them.

There's an issue with our account which is preventing us from declining MagicBands. Issue was escalated to IT, but nothing came of it. Since we can't decline, I've started using our initials and check-in date when I customize them.

If you don't customize and don't pick them up from the front desk you can skip getting some if that is desired any trip.

We were getting so many I started doing something like this too. I put name or initials then month & year of the trip. It has definitely helped me see which bands are older.

Thanks to both of you. I actually never used most of them and my thinking is that those that look brand new are the more recent ones. As well, I'm not on site this trip, for the first time in over a decade, so they'll only be used for storing fastpasses and dining reservations.

Thanks to both of you. I actually never used most of them and my thinking is that those that look brand new are the more recent ones. As well, I'm not on site this trip, for the first time in over a decade, so they'll only be used for storing fastpasses and dining reservations.
If that's the case you don't need to worry about battery life. It's only the long range one for ride photos that has a limited life. If you're not using photopass then it's not needed. They should all work at touchpoints indefinitely

OK...kind of a dumb question...but I will ask...
SO DH ordered a grey Magic Band. Everyone else ordered colors & now he likes the colors...
Well, DD & I ordered some band covers in a Lilly print.
SO DD's is yellow.
So DH is wondering if he could use DD's yellow Magic Band & she could put the Lilly sticker over his grey one.
Fast passes & credit card are identical & we have a Campsite, so truly the only difference is their name on the back.

OK...kind of a dumb question...but I will ask...
SO DH ordered a grey Magic Band. Everyone else ordered colors & now he likes the colors...
Well, DD & I ordered some band covers in a Lilly print.
SO DD's is yellow.
So DH is wondering if he could use DD's yellow Magic Band & she could put the Lilly sticker over his grey one.
Fast passes & credit card are identical & we have a Campsite, so truly the only difference is their name on the back.

Is your Daughter on childs tickets? If so, then that band links to her which links to everything else linked to her.. If it's a child ticket that might cause some problems otherwise it's just a matter of remembering that in mde for those bands they are each other..

Unfortunately once linked, disney will not change who it links too.

Is your Daughter on childs tickets? If so, then that band links to her which links to everything else linked to her.. If it's a child ticket that might cause some problems otherwise it's just a matter of remembering that in mde for those bands they are each other..

Unfortunately once linked, disney will not change who it links too.

No, she is 19.

We thought it wouldn't be a problem, but figured I should ask.

THANKS!

We just received our Magicbands from our trip, do we have to activate them or is that already done? (We are staying at a resort)

This thread is full of great info, thanks!! Just double checking that I'm doing this right.....booked off-site for June 17-21 with 3 day single park tickets for 5 people. 2/5 already have magic bands, so I will order 3 to be shipped to my home. I should get my ticket info today to link to MDE. At that point, regardless of Magic Bands in my possession, I can begin looking for Fast passes for all 5 of us, then link the bands to MDE on my own when they arrive, hopefully in a week or so. Is this correct?

This thread is full of great info, thanks!! Just double checking that I'm doing this right.....booked off-site for June 17-21 with 3 day single park tickets for 5 people. 2/5 already have magic bands, so I will order 3 to be shipped to my home. I should get my ticket info today to link to MDE. At that point, regardless of Magic Bands in my possession, I can begin looking for Fast passes for all 5 of us, then link the bands to MDE on my own when they arrive, hopefully in a week or so. Is this correct?

Yes, however I do want to point out that magicbands are not a requirement and you can just use your ticket to get in, fastpass and claim photos with minor exceptions. I personally recommend that you wait until you get there to try the cards. You could save $15+ a person and not get the bands and save some money on your trip. Also if you do decide the price is worth the convenience, there is a much larger selection including limited bands you can't get at home ahead of time to choose from. It takes a few seconds for the cashier to have the band setup for you and start using right away.. Another way to look at the savings is you just saved the price of a quick service lunch per person that didn't need it or the cost of 6 bottles of water per person.

You are already inside of the 30 day FP+ window for off-site guests, so you can make your FP+ selections as soon as you link park admission to MDE.

Quick question: We are staying off site this year and purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist. I still have my MB from 2 years ago. Will the MB and hard ticket both work?

Great thread. So much valuable information. I am using MagicBands for the first time in June. We have 11 people traveling together. I bought all the tickets on Undercover tourist, and linked them in mde. Then bought MagicBands on disneystore.com and linked those to all of our party on mde. All of this seemed to work flawlessly. So why am I somewhat paranoid that someones band isn't going to work when we get to our first park and scan it to get in? Anyone ever had that happen?

Great thread. So much valuable information. I am using MagicBands for the first time in June. We have 11 people traveling together. I bought all the tickets on Undercover tourist, and linked them in mde. Then bought MagicBands on disneystore.com and linked those to all of our party on mde. All of this seemed to work flawlessly. So why am I somewhat paranoid that someones band isn't going to work when we get to our first park and scan it to get in? Anyone ever had that happen?

It's rare but not unheard of for a band to have an issue.. you did everythign correct, there will be someone at the tapstyle to jump in if there is a problem. they are really good at fixing anything but from your list, you set it up right.

I have a friend staying offsite this year and wondered if she could use my old magicbands just for the convenience of park entry and fastpasses. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter