Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I read through all the FAQs and didn't see this question/answer.

Four of us are going to EPCOT. We each got a FP for Mission Space between 1000-1100. My husband doesn't want to ride, so we want to let DD & her her boyfriend use our FPs to go on MS twice within the FP window.

Do we need to give them our magic bands for the second go-round within that hour or will those two extra FPs be available on their own bands?

Thanks!
Yes, you will need to give them your MBs for the second ride.
Thank you!

Please review the Disney terms of service about this as it has recently changed. It's no longer a permitted topic on this forum so we will end this convo here.

Last edited:
Please review the Disney terms of service about this as it has recently changed. It's no longer a permitted topic on this forum so we will end this convo here.

Actually, what she is talking about doing is allowed. All of them will be in the park and they just want to swap MBs so her DD & boyfriend can ride a 2nd time.

Actually, what she is talking about doing is allowed. All of them will be in the park and they just want to swap MBs so her DD & boyfriend can ride a 2nd time.
Correct. Swapping MBs to use booked FPs is allowed because the corresponding ticket entitlement was used to enter the park.

The TOS wording no longer allows the discussion of FPs booked using extra tickets linked in MDE.

Technically no its not allowed. @Accident is correct. Here is a screen shot from the official Disney page:

33192119944_b5f52a22d2_b.jpg

Here is the link if you want to check it out for yourself: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/transferring-to-friend/

Technically no its not allowed. @Accident is correct. Here is a screen shot from the official Disney page:

That's why I stay out of the legalities :) It's that grey area that changes often enough that from time you book and plan to time you actually do it, it'll probably be different rules.

Sorry guys. I haven't been in the board in ages and never would have imagined this would be taboo or off limits. Didn't mean to step in poo.

As an aside, I did read on another DIS FAQ thread about fastpasses and it says you can do it. Go figure.

Sorry to have stirred the pot. ✌️.

That is a FAQ quoted on a website known for less than 100% accuracy, not the legal TOS. The actual TOS read a bit murkier on this particular subject and I would not be concerned about using Magic Bands in this way.

That is a FAQ quoted on a website known for less than 100% accuracy, not the legal TOS. The actual TOS read a bit murkier on this particular subject and I would not be concerned about using Magic Bands in this way.

The official Disney website?

I don't know, thats pretty strong wording on the FAQ on the main Disney page. I'm curious, where in the TOS does it says it is ok to do?

In my reading, the TOS do not say it is not okay to do. There are other examples of information on Disney's site where the wording is clear and "strong", and yet completely and demonstrably incorrect.

We are getting off-topic and I will exit the discussion here.

Last edited:
Question: when does your MB activate? Like, room check in is 3 pm but I plan on hitting the parks that morning. Does it automatically activate at midnight of check in day? Is there something I have to do to activate it? Do I have to wait until 3 pm?

Thanks.

Question: when does your MB activate? Like, room check in is 3 pm but I plan on hitting the parks that morning. Does it automatically activate at midnight of check in day? Is there something I have to do to activate it? Do I have to wait until 3 pm?

It activates about the same time you get the shipping notice so roughly a month before check in.. Magicbands are not specific to a reservation, you just got yours for free because you got a reservation. They are just id bracelets for disney's computers to find you in mde to look up what options you have available at the moment you scan it.

Oh wise ones, my magic band situation seems so convoluted and after reading the first page my eyes are crossing...

My family has annual passes that we have used twice now and our third and final trip (on our annual pass) is coming up next month. If I understand the first thread correctly you only get one MB per annual pass so although MDE is sending me emails saying "time to order your magic bands" and there is a new design I shouldn't order new ones, I should just keep the old ones. correct? AND if my kids all have specially designed ones (Star Wars!) they can just keep them and use them for this trip. But if we can order new ones my DH and I can get the new design and decline for the kids so they can use their "fancy" ones? is this correct?

And for this trip another family is traveling w/ us so their MB order will be on their MDE account so they order directly and they will be mailed to their address. They are not Disney nuts like us so we will have to walk them through this. They are staying on our DVC points but have their own reservation number since we have two separate rooms.

Oh wise ones, my magic band situation seems so convoluted and after reading the first page my eyes are crossing...

My family has annual passes that we have used twice now and our third and final trip (on our annual pass) is coming up next month. If I understand the first thread correctly you only get one MB per annual pass so although MDE is sending me emails saying "time to order your magic bands" and there is a new design I shouldn't order new ones, I should just keep the old ones. correct? AND if my kids all have specially designed ones (Star Wars!) they can just keep them and use them for this trip. But if we can order new ones my DH and I can get the new design and decline for the kids so they can use their "fancy" ones? is this correct?

And for this trip another family is traveling w/ us so their MB order will be on their MDE account so they order directly and they will be mailed to their address. They are not Disney nuts like us so we will have to walk them through this. They are staying on our DVC points but have their own reservation number since we have two separate rooms.

You can have as many Magic Bands as you want - they can be used interchangeably.

We will be staying on site later this month. I had our magic bands shipped to my parents house because originally they were going to be the first to arrive. However, now it looks like that might not be the case and we might be the first to arrive, but we won't have the magic bands. Will there be some way for us to enter the parks without them?

We will be staying on site later this month. I had our magic bands shipped to my parents house because originally they were going to be the first to arrive. However, now it looks like that might not be the case and we might be the first to arrive, but we won't have the magic bands. Will there be some way for us to enter the parks without them?

Can't your parents ship your Magic Bands to you?

Did they ship yet? change the address if you can still customize. If they did, you can get them from your parents as PP suggests. you can also stop at the front desk when you get there and request cards for everyone that needs one. while easier to check into magical express with a band, there is no problem to with checking in without them.

Am I wrong in thinking your talking about your planes land different times but your all there the same day?

I have a question about my children traveling to WDW with their Grandparents and cousins. They are going in a month and will be staying at AoA. Is there a way for me to preload money on their MagicBands? I know they can have the option to charge to the rooms, but I'd like to be able to keep my kids food separate from the others in the group.

Thanks for any responses! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter